Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Senior Journalist Gauri Lankesh Shot Dead At Her Residence In Bengaluru

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Agent_47, Sep 5, 2017.

1. A_poster

A_poster Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Data for this comes from C-Voter survey. I have watched these stats being flashed live in 2014.

And that was not even the central point. BJP is a party and you need to support it for being nationalist. Point was Christian culture driven by racial inferiority complex for whites,which make them hate everything Indian or Hindu,& I suspect even themselves.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    Wolfpack likes this.
  2. omya

omya BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    not a single fact u have mentioned here ur question was how christians r damaging majority of india which i have answered
    all the points i have mentioned r the ways of damaging hinduisim and insulting majority of india, thats how minority religions work everywhere in the world

3. NOODLER

NOODLER FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Hi.
    I'm an Indian first, Christian last. I want to humbly apologise to my friends @omya and @A_poster for the henious atrocities they face on a daily basis because of me and my community residing in India. Needless to say, some of your comments are quite hurtful, baseless, prejudiced and racist. I politely ask you to stop your smutty comments. I was born into a Christian family with 400 years of tradition, very closely aligned to my hindu brethren. Unfortunately i did not get a choice to choose my religion since I was born into it. But I am lucky to be surrounded by - Hindus, Muslims, Jain's, parsis Sikhs etc , who don't judge me by my religion , language, colour or what I eat. I am thankful my parents for embracing science and enforcing the fact that humanity and the country comes before religion. Ultimately we are all indian, one massive force in world demographics.
    Jai hind. Peace out bros.

4. whitebeard

whitebeard FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    It was refreshing to read your post, but what i can see today is that Christians(and Christianity to a Good extent) has lost the Good will of a common Hindu or at-least his neutrality towards them because of the Break Neck Speed Conversions that are going on and the methods that are being used for the same. Conversions should not be the first thing that comes to ones mind when they think about Christians but sadly that is the case today.

5. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    India allowed first ever Christian settlement on Malabar coast, first ever Mosque outside Mecca was bulit in India on Malabar Coast and see the result. Now we have people defending Rohingiyas. What will the future be? I travelled to kerala three months back and I found a very large number of Rohingyas employed there by Keralite muslims but they refused to call them Rohingiya. This is the state of our nation. Minorities of India born in India have equal rights like me but why must they support outsiders? Does this not mean that they have an agenda which is neither in India's favour nor in their own favour as these people will eat away the money meant for developing minority population of India. What cud be the reason for such a support? Just one-hatred for larger Hindu Population.

6. whitebeard

whitebeard FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Sir what do you think the Hindus of the country CAN and SHOULD do in order to deal with the current Tinderbox situation being created at many parts of the country by the sheer head count and financial/Political influence of the Non Dharmic religions OTHER THAN VOTING FOR THE BJP.

I know there is no simple answer to this, but everything helps.

7. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    There is nothing called Dharmic and Abrahmic religion. Every Indian, irrespective of his religion is an equal stake holder in Indian nation. I do not differentiate between religions but yes, I do have problems when someone goes over the idea of a nation and brings in religion as an idea of a nation. if you do that, you will get another Pakistan,unable to live with its own religious minorities. Do you know how many sects of Christianity are there in the world and which nation has all of them living in harmony or how many sects of Islam are there which are living in India alone? Christianity has over 2500 sects, Islam has 72, Hinduism has only three, Sanatan, Arya and non believers. In no other Christian nation or Islamic republic will you find all of them together. Shias can't go to Saudia and Sunnis can't go to Iran. Protestants and Catholics have their own problems world over. Its only us Hindus who live in peace with everyone irrespective of faith and religion.
    I am strongly against this culture of supporting outsiders at the cost of tax paying citizens of India who may come from any religion. India is for Indians and it shud remain so.

8. NOODLER

NOODLER FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I am against any forced conversions of locals. But the ground reality is that for locals who are poor are often failed by either people of their own faith or the state, the missionaries jump in to take advantage. You will not find educated or well to do people like u being converted by missionaries . Most of these converts are opressed farmers, laborers, da*it, etc . It's a collective failure of state to protect their own people. Secondly, Christian missionaries have vested interests in politics, supported by USA, example being the kudankulam agitation.

9. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    The truth is that most Christians do not support these Missionaries. They too are opposed to their tactics but the Church has its own agenda like the Pandits and Maulavies. Who can stop them.

10. NOODLER

NOODLER FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    My church was built in 1550, and razed down 3 times by the local hindu rulers. Our local corporator is a second generation shivsena BJP leader and there is no event where he is not invited as the chief guest . His family is extremely popular and respected amongst our locals. The Congress candidate does not even stand a chance although he himself is Christian. We don't carry any animosity or hatred based on history.

An Indian and vstol jockey like this.
  11. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Read my signature. I will raise my sword against anyone who tries to divide my nation again irrespective of his religion and faith including Hindus.

Grevion likes this.
  12. NOODLER

NOODLER FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Rohingyas are nothing but bong labourers forced to work in the paddy fields of arakan valleys by the moghuls and later, the British. 99 % of all problems in the world today are because of the Brits.

whitebeard likes this.
  13. _Anonymous_

_Anonymous_ 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Aside from the fact that this thread was on a slain journo from Bangalore , some digressions that this thread has taken have been interesting .

The Rohingyas may well have been of Bengali origin - most of whose ancestors migrated to lands in the Rakhine state of present day Myanmar during British colonization of the sub continent and Myanmar .

But the Burmese or rather the Bmar ethno linguistic group which dominates the army , the state polity , business , etc has had an issue with practically every other ethnic , linguistic and religious minority there.

It's a lack of political acumen and generosity of spirit which has brought upon the current crisis and most of Myanmar's neighbours are left feeling the brunt of it .

It's been more than 70 years that the British have Departed .While I'm all for pillorying them for their rapacious past on international forums , I believe it's high time the ex colonized get their act together and take responsibility for their actions .

Flyboy! likes this.
  14. Flyboy!

Flyboy! Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I think the Burmese have never had issues with Hindu people settled in the Rakhine . The Muslim Rohingya have always been trouble makers since the British left Burma because they have never been considered as indigenous locals by Burmese govt.

vstol jockey likes this.
  15. _Anonymous_

_Anonymous_ 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    It's cuts both ways @Rohingya on the one hand and the Rakhine Buddhists along with the Bmar dominated central government and the armed forces .

While there always was a demand by the Rohingyas around the time India was partitioned , for Pakistan to lay claim to the Rakhine state as well which went unheeded , this act brought them to the notice of the Rakhine Buddhists and the Burmese junta .

What also went against them was that they were equally tied with the Rakhine Buddhists in terms of the percentage of the population in the Rakhine state thus triggering alarm bells and the latent insecurity of the ruling elite .

The rest is well documented in the media .

P.S - Eerie parallels to Assam .Let's see how this one plays out .