Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Shiv Sena Demands Ban on Burqua

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Coltsfan, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prototype

prototype Major SENIOR MEMBER

^^Yea thats what i said,sensitive places,that is not a problem,but they did not need to ban burqa their also,just uncovering face is enough,but i am not in favour of blanket ban,it amounts to killing the secularism and democracy,the very much which we r very proud off

1 person likes this.
  2. Karthic Sri

Karthic Sri <b>STAR MEMBER of the MONTH</b> SENIOR MEMBER

"If a big tree falls ,the ground beneath it shakes" ...Does it ring any bell.?:rolleyes2:

3. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I can understand your psyche. You people are getting used to seeing your leaders wearing bangles. Musharraf for example likes to wear bangles. Your army is wearing bangles against Taliban.

What next would you like to see? Musharraf in a 2-piece Bikini on the beach of Goa?

2 people like this.
  4. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Set up x-ray scanners in important places...................
    no need to ban Burqa. just because some use steal stuff, looking at that argument same can be said about wheel chairs and over coats.........

5. brain_dead

brain_dead Captain SENIOR MEMBER

why only X-ray scanners..??
    why not hitech cameras, finger print scanners, sniffer dogs, halicopters to catch them in case they try to run and everything else..? :rolleyes2:

no-one is asking to ban women wearing burqa.
    burqa-clad man/women are doing burgalries, child-stealing etc.
    i have so seen many clips on news channels where burqa clad ladies were stealing jewellary under the guise of thier burqa.
    if those jewellars want to ban burqa clad people from thier shops, they should have every right to do so.

6. libertarianatheist

libertarianatheist FULL MEMBER

a legal ban on the burqa would be too much trampling on individual freedom but there has to be way to signal that elements of culture that turn women into a private property of a man are not acceptable.

protecting women as property that could be stolen is tribal behaviour more suited to chimps than humans.

1 person likes this.
  7. Karthic Sri

Karthic Sri <b>STAR MEMBER of the MONTH</b> SENIOR MEMBER

There is a famous anecdote on the approach of American and Russian space scientists.

Americans wanted to invent a pen which could function in gravity-less conditions in space for taking notes (conventional refills will not work in absence of Gravity).So they spent about 3 Million USD on the project,took 5 months and sucessfully completed it.

You know what the Russians did - they gave a Pencil to their cosmonauts.

What you suggest is the American approach,what I suggest is the Russian approach.

Ban burqa from sensitive places like Hospitals/Airports/Large auditoriums/Railway stations etc.

1 person likes this.
  8. deepak75

deepak75 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

To the point, face covering should be allowed for personal privacy if the lady so desires but there must be places where for security if required then the face covering should be obligatory to be removed. If someone does not want to remove the face covering, then they are free to not visit these mentioned places.

Every other reason against Burqua is lame and illogical and no need to create a political scene for a nothing matter. Shiv Sena must be really running out of manifesto choices to fan their followers agression.

2 people like this.
  9. JANA

JANA 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

And the way out for modern apes is to make her a public property by forcing her to be naked . Surely way of stone-age human not chimps.

10. deepak75

deepak75 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

I know what you are referring to but there has to be a difference in an otherwise anomaly and between epic mass subjugation. But anyway, to everyone what they wish for.....

11. brain_dead

i think the problem with our seculars is that "shiv-sena" is asking for it.
    had any pseudo-secular party liek congress had asked for it, they would have lapped it with thier arms open.

12. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

The suicide bomber who killed Rajiv Gandhi was wearing a "shalwar kameez", any plans to ban that dress from sensitive areas?

Small firearms like handguns and grenades can be easily carried in other garments, which could be equally devastating.

Security is enhanced by applying common sense approach, not by knee jerk reactions.

2 people like this.
  13. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

It is easy to dismiss Shiv Sena's demands cos more often than not they are ridiculously stupid, just like their leader.

I wonder what happened to the Mumbai for Marathis movement once championed by Thackarey :tongue1:

1 person likes this.
  14. brain_dead

small arms can be hidden inside pants.
    infants can be hidden inside saris while stealing.
    heck, even tommorow aliens can come here and steal our properties..

but thta is not whats happening right now.
    whats happening is burqa-clad man/women are staeling jewellary from shops..
    can u get the differnce between what can happen and what is already happening..??

15. brain_dead

im no fan of shiv-sena, i hate them to core for their regional politics, but this demand of banning of burqa from sensitive places is very legitimate and i supoort them . atleast for for this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.