Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Shiv Sena Demands Ban on Burqua

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Coltsfan, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. libertarianatheist

libertarianatheist FULL MEMBER

its not merely attire. its most definitely an expression of cultural tendencies. tendencies which really don't belong to the 21st century. i am all for personal liberty, therefore i'd never support a ban. but lets not kid ourselves that the attire is benign and symbol of some sort of highly liberal society in which women have all the freedom in the world.

1 person likes this.
  2. JANA

JANA 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Chennai has the same law enforcement agencies. Let us not cling to straws. I have seen both the cities have experienced the behaviour in both the cities and its clear that The so-called liberalism which likes of you advocate is in fact creating apes.

So you mean you can advice this for cities like Dehli, Mumbai

For me this symbol of sindoor in Hindu women maang, the mangal suter is also a symbol of property status of women. Please explain why these are normal and not extra burden on a woman to prove herself as a wife or married woman ??

3. deepak75

deepak75 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Look I could have replied like the following.

[​IMG]

But like I said earlier, there is no need to make it a culture clash scenario. I know places where one cannot enter without a suit. If you know Dubai, try going to any restaurant in Burj Ul Arab without a Jacket!! And it is an Arab hotel. You know how much Arab that is. There are many many other such places that I can bring up in Qatar, Bahrain, U.A.E, or Suadi Cities. Istanbul is a different cake altogether so let us not even talk about it and so is Cairo. Going by their flasy attires, I think that the women there will prefer suicide to a burqua!!

So this is not about a dress. What I am trying to say that while the choice of dress is personal but so is the choice of going to a place where there is a dress code. And Laws for public and national security are paramount to any personal choices.

So where it is mandatory per law to show face the women must oblidge. At all other instances, there is no need for a ban or anything.

4. JANA

I am supporting women rights to wear whatever they want. those who want to go naked like actresses they have own choice they can do that. Those who want to cover themselves they have their choice to do that.

My point is YOU males have NO right to decided what attire us medieval and what attire is symbol of liberation for women.

If you are talking about medieval then why Sari the traditional dress is linked to married Hindu woman in India, why this sindoor, mangal suter be made essential to wear for a Hindu married woman??

She had to put that dot on her forehead all the times to prove she is married ???

5. libertarianatheist

libertarianatheist FULL MEMBER

Obviously these are symbols of patriarchy too. Who said i was fond of them. I am not. By and large hindu culture isn't liberal either. The female is the source of shame in both muslim and (most) hindu cultures and her sexual choices (by extension clothing choices) must be thoroughly monitored. This is certainly absurd and medeival / pre medeival

as a sidenote, to me the sindoor has represented something even more sensual and primal (has anyone else felt this)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  6. JANA

:lol: you are surely on heck of an ignorant.

Provide me data how many burqa wearing people have bombing. The last time we have seen Col Purohit was not burqa wearing, Indian terrorist Surabjit was not burqa wearing but keeping in view they are Indian terrorists may be they were wearing saris who knows

7. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

Jana jee,

Was that supposed to be funny? Cos it makes absolutely no sense

8. abirbec04

abirbec04 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Sari is beautiful .......... burqa is stupid ........ the woman can wear whatever she wishes but who will decide that? Do the women want to wear a burqa? 99 percent would say no. Just stupid stone age medieval costume which has got no place in moden civil society. The more you argue it the more you prove yourself a hypocrite. :smokin:

Ban burqa and also Shiv Sena ............. ban them both

1 person likes this.
  9. brain_dead

brain_dead Captain SENIOR MEMBER

It is hilarious to see how ure fighting for the women's right in a country where women have equal, infact more rights than a man.
    why dont u try to fight for women's right in your country, where women are treated like animals, where gals are abducted, raped and forced to change thier religion...???
    in UAE they have made a law that husband can beat thier wives without leaving marks. why dont u go n fight there..??

y dont u fight in pakistan where women are continously under acid attacks from jihadi goons, and they have no law protection and support whatsoever,

but as i always say, u as a pakistani, are more intrested to see faults in others rather then looking at ure own self..

1 person likes this.
  10. deepak75

While I would judge traditions with my own individual perspective and the prevalent social enviroment, just to highlight that it is only the Hindu religion where we pray to Lady dieties. In no other religion is this prevalent. Hindu is a partriarchical religion but it is not complete without the matriarchical figures.

Disclaimer: Of course by saying that, I do not in any way imply that Hindu religion respects women more or less than other religion/s.

11. brain_dead

haha... but jihadi goons bombing pakistani cities do wear burqa, i have read it in news many times.
    even the imam of lal-masjid fled from the mosque wearing a burqa.
    truly this burqa is a multi-purpose attire. :lol:

2 people like this.
  12. deepak75

Even Delhi Metro is not gender neutral anymore. Alas........ but what used to hurt more was the 5% discount on entrance percentage to Delhi University colleges. But hey no complaints on that one ........ we all know that Sakshar Nari, Sukhi Pariwaar right.

But still just hope that if women were not such a ***** about giving a guy a frikking bone on some things.... :)

13. deepak75

That was hilarious. I think they call him Maulana Burqua. :lol: :lol:

14. Bang Galore

Bang Galore Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Touche! :tup:

15. brain_dead

u know while travelling in buses n metro in delhi, i have been asked so many times by ladies to vacate the seat for them, becoz they are reserved for ladies. sometimes i feel like a chicken, when im so tired and need a seat badly, and a lady comes in and asks me to get off the seat.
    i as a man, do feel discriminated sometimes.
    but anyways. rules are rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.