Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Shiv Sena Demands Ban on Burqua

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Coltsfan, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deepak75

deepak75 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Hello...... tell me about it...... I will be really scared to death of wearing a wedding ring on one of my fingers after I am committed to one woman. The ring is going to be a sign of subjugation to women..... is it not?

Back to sanity, there is a visible sign of commitment to marriage and wedlock and the sanctity of it in every religion. I think with the bolded comments, you are mixing pure signs of commitment to a wedlock with women subjugation. So wedlock has commitment from both towards each other (although to me from the outside there is no apparent way in which the guy is going to get to take anything from the deal :) but that is the way we evolve our society. Individuals to families to societies to civilizations.........

2. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

First learn to differentiate between previlege and burden. Sindur and Mangal sutra due to their virtues has achieved the status of jwellery. When foreigners visit india, they specifically ask for these and flaunt them while moving around.

3. brain_dead

brain_dead Captain SENIOR MEMBER

actually there is not a grain of sense in her arguements.
    we are debating as to burqa should be banned or not since it can be a security lapse, and she is bringing in sindoor, mangla sutra and all the bullcrap.

i wonder why u even debating with these nonsense points..

2 people like this.
  4. deepak75

Ya bro. I can understand the frustration there. But in the DU Univesity Specials, I have seen many a love stories start with that simple act of male courtesy of vacating their seat for our women....

5. deepak75

You know women. Can't live with them, Can't ............ :lol:

6. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

The reason for wearing mangal sutra and bindi is to denote the marital status of a woman (even that is changing now a days).

The real reason for wearing a Burqua on the other hand is not to identify marital status of a woman, but it is a requirement to dress modestly so as not tempt men in public.

So you see your analogy is not accurate, mangal sutra is symbol like a wedding ring, Burqua on other hand is a means to cover up natural beauty of women.

7. deepak75

@ Jana,

By the way Jana, the Pakistani Salwar is a good 2 inches or so shorter than the India one at the ankles. Considering this together with your claim when specially women in Pakistan want and like to - per their choice - cover everything do you not think that it is a strange situation.

Or will you blame it on the Indian's as some water management conspiracy :lol: :lol:

8. prototype

prototype Major SENIOR MEMBER

I think the point was hear about security issue,Burqa due to its ability to conceal a person's identity completely can cause problem in a sensitive place

I am not for banning burqa but aleast uncovering the face

Equating it with Saree,sindoor and mangal sutra is utter bigotry,if u like to comparison,then take it that we r not compromising a girl's freedom and her identity with this belongings

Whereas as stone age freaks who consider a women as his property forcefully impose this Burqa code on a women against her wish,only for his personal satisfaction that his lady is free from evil world

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.