Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Shiv Sena MLA Vandalises All-Woman Toll Booth

Discussion in 'Internal Affairs' started by Eddie, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

[​IMG]

Anil Kadam flies into rage after asked to show identity card

Enraged over demand of toll, Shiv Sena MLA Anil Kadam and his supporters on Thursday allegedly ransacked a toll-booth near Pimpalgaon Baswant on the Mumbai-Agra National Highway in Nashik.

Video footage aired by a private news channel also purportedly showed Kadam abusing the all-female staff at the booth.

Sources said MLA Kadam was travelling in a private vehicle to reach a place in his constituency on Thursday at around noon when the vehicle was stopped for toll at the Pimpalgaon Baswant toll plaza of the Pimpalgaon Nashik Gonde Tollway Limited (PNGTL) of L&T IDPL.

A verbal altercation started after the toll plaza employees asked for the identity card for exemption.

The police said Kadam apparently lost his cool after the staff demanded toll from him while the MLAs are exempted from paying toll.

However, police authorities could not confirm if any case had been registered against Kadam, who represents Niphad constituency.

Speaking to dna, MLA Anil Kadam said, “I was travelling in a private vehicle in my constituency along the highway when my vehicle was stopped. The employees at the plaza were informed by the driver that the MLA is travelling in the vehicle.

However, the employees insisted on the card and serial number. Such type of harassment is experienced time and again. As a people’s representative if I have to face such situations time and again, imagine what the general public must be going through. It was just that I lost my patience.

However, considering that there was women staff the protest was in form of verbal altercationâ€￾.

In a similar incident late on Wednesday night, supporters of Samajwadi Party MLA Abdul Rashid Momin ransacked a toll booth at Kasheli near Bhiwandi in Thane district and assaulted the staff because the legislator was asked to pay toll.

In an unrelated incident, toll recovery at Mangrulphata on the Mumbai-Agra National Highway was affected after Chandwad MLA Shirish Kotwal (Independent) and his supporters started an agitation on Thursday morning demanding an underground subway at Vadalibhoi in Nashik district.

Shiv Sena MLA vandalises all-woman toll booth - Mumbai - DNA

2. Rock n Rolla

Rock n Rolla Lt. Colonel STAR MEMBER

WTF, now people can't do their duty because some stupid MLA has ego issues!! Not everyone might recognize him, he could have handled this in a much better way by showing his ID card...I want this man & his aides in jail.

1 person likes this.
  3. INDIAN NATIONALIST

INDIAN NATIONALIST Major SENIOR MEMBER

Poor excuse. If he wishes to empathize with the general public, he shouldn't expect any special treatment. Being elected to government office shouldn't be a reward to justify a life of privileges over the common man; its an acceptance of great responsibility to live in service to the citizenry.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Problem is once becoming elite they forget from where they came from and who got them there. Disrespect to people and property should be dealt with as commoner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.