Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Should DRDO confine itself to food packets and portable toilets?

Discussion in 'Indian Defence Industry' started by smanekshaw, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smanekshaw

smanekshaw REGISTERED

2. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

Well, in that case, I might like to help indian defence establishment and order a portable Toilet,

3. kamle

kamle 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Its a well written article but some how, few mistakes are here
    Extracts from the article:

You really think its right? I feel its a Bash DRDO article.
    but then, they also tried to explain things...

4. smanekshaw

smanekshaw REGISTERED

I really don't believe Agni and Prithvi are anything great. Please read
    Prithvi mission fails: Another trial likely on Saturday - The New Indian Express

The only use for Agni is if you put a nuke on it. But detonation of the nuke on a warhead has never been tested. Maybe the nukes can be driven to Beijing in a 'friendship' bus and detonated. Higher probability of success.

5. booo

booo Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

^Thats pure BS.

6. AdityaMookerjee

AdityaMookerjee FULL MEMBER

I must say, of course, before I read the article. I did read a post, which asked, if D R D O should make a better rifle. You know, an automatic rifle is an automatic rifle. The U. S. automatic rifle is the same, since perhaps 1965? I think, much earlier. How does one make an automatic rifle, even more so? The concept must have been thought about. There are special weaponry, which are used by the infantry, but the automatic rifle has two roles perhaps. The person who has the rifle, does not need to think about the firing, and if the AK-47 is also automatic, the person who is using it, must use it if need be, close range. Assault combat, is close range. The weapons have evolved. but the assault rifles have not. How one uses a rifle close range, is really interesting, because I don't know. It seems, the 9mm automatic pistol also does the job, provided the person has the first perception of the enemy he is about to shoot.

7. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And yes we know that an automatic rifle is an automatic rifle ...... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ... crazy Fcuker

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  8. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Silly thread. Our first attempt at making a fighter should testify to why we should NEVER abandon projects. If, way back in the 1960s we had continued to build on the experience we had with Ajit, instead of abandoning all future projects because it was a partial 'failure', we would not have been in the position we were when we started the LCA- 'start from scratch'. Almost sounds like a compliment when you talk about the LCA when in reality it is a testament to our enormous stupidity. Learn to live with failure instead of stopping and restarting decades later.

9. grond

grond Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Come on man ... That's a bit too harsh and a bit off topic ... And all he was saying ... I'm not sure could range from India need to revolutionize the assault rifle or the assault rifle is a western corruption on our simple minds ... It's not funny ... Pfffft .... Wait it actually is ....

10. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    i was laughing at Mr. Aditya Mookerjee comment in post number #6 ... :smile:

11. smanekshaw

smanekshaw REGISTERED

Why? Please state the reason(s) for your faith in DRDO, given the mamoth failures it has had.

12. smanekshaw

smanekshaw REGISTERED

If you read the article fully, it will talk about how the next LCA will also take 3 decades. There is an institutional rot in DRDO.
    Just by hiring 1000's of monkeys, DRDO is not going to make great products.

13. grond

grond Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Lol read the post carefully... I actually say that it was funny

14. MAFIAN GOD

MAFIAN GOD Captain SENIOR MEMBER

This article is mostly written with very much biased and very very pessimistic point of view....

The author thinks that DRDO's budget is very big...Whatta a moron!!!! I guess he never ever seen the figures of other defence firms...

Though few points are right but overall article is foolishly written...

15. smanekshaw

smanekshaw REGISTERED

Just by throwing good money after bad you are not going to build great weapons. Just by hiring morons/retards and naively optimistic fools such as yourself, nothing is going to be achieved.
    Since you like DRDO so much please enlighten us on it's greatness.
    Are you in a position to technically evaluate the 'quacks' passing off as scientists in DRDO?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.