Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Sibal blames NDA, says all spectrum decisions since 2003-08 were wrong

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by DaRk KnIght, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaRk KnIght

    DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2010
    Messages:
    5,142
    Likes Received:
    1,295
    New Delhi, Feb 4 (ANI): Union Communications and Information Technology Minister Kapil Sibal on Friday said all decisions on the allocation of 2G spectrum starting from 2003 were incorrect, and added that the first-come-first-served policy was introduced by the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) Government and went against the decision of the cabinet at that time.

    Addressing a press conference here, Sibal said his predecessor had said that he was not deviating from the previous policies (the NDA government), but the problem was that the previous policies were wrong.

    Unveiling the report by a one-man commission, Justice Shivraj Patil, Sibal said that the findings on procedural lapses are being sent to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which is looking into the criminal culpability in the scam.

    The Telecom minister further quoting the report said the committee found that original spectrum allocation was 'bad' and procedures were not followed both during the NDA government till 2004 and the UPA Government up to 2008.

    The CBI arrested former Telecom Minister A. Raja along with RK Chandolia and Siddharth Behuria on Wednesday in connection with the scam.

    The investigating agency questioned Raja for the fourth time on Wednesday. He was questioned earlier on December 24 and 25 last year and on January 31.

    The Supreme Court has asked the CBI and the Enforcement Directorate (ED) to submit status reports on their investigations into the 2G scam to it by February 10, when the case will come up for hearing.

    Earlier this week, a report by a one-man commission, Justice Shivraj Patil, was handed over to Kapil Sibal.

    Justice Patil was asked in December to look into whether officials in the Telecom Ministry had, since 1991, violated government procedures and guidelines for allocating spectrum.

    The CBI in its first information report had mentioned the loss as Rs.22, 000 crore based on the findings of Central Vigilance Commission, which had referred the case to it.

    Raja was forced to resign from Union Cabinet last year after a report of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) faulted him for undervaluing spectrum to favour companies who were largely ineligible for 2G spectrum, and added that the government had probably lost Rs.1.76 lakh crore in estimated revenue. (ANI)

    Sibal blames NDA, says all spectrum decisions since 2003-08 were wrong
     
  2. DaRk KnIght

    DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

    Joined:
    Apr 14, 2010
    Messages:
    5,142
    Likes Received:
    1,295
    isnt he the same guy who said that there was no scam at all?? :lol:

    Ministers should make up their mind. Conflicting opinions damage the credibility of Ministry.
     
  3. Coltsfan

    Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2010
    Messages:
    2,040
    Likes Received:
    502
    Is that correct that NDA followed the 'first come first served' policy as claimed by Sibal?
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page