Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Something's cooking - Gilani calls all party conference, calls back Hina

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by Optimist, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Optimist

Optimist Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani Sunday called all party conference to build consensus on Pakistan’s stance over US threats meanwhile Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar has been called back from United States.
    According to sources, Hina was called back for consultation over strained relationship between Pakistan and United States.
    She would also attend the all party conference to brief the political parties over Pak-US ties in recent scenario while military establishment would also brief conference on national defence capabilities.
    The prime minister also phoned President Asif Ali Zardari and took him into confidence regarding Pak-US relations and upcoming all party conference.
    Earlier when military heads were meeting at corps commanders’ conference on Sunday in the wake of the strained Pak-US ties, Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani phoned leaders of the main stream political parties to build consensus on Pakistan’s stance over US threats.
    The Prime Minster phoned PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif, PML-Q Shujaat Hussain, Jamat-e-Islami Ameer Manawar Hassan, JUI (F) chief Fazalur Rehman, PML(Awami) chief Sheikh Rasheed, ANP leasr Asfand Yar, MQM leader Altaf Hussain and PTI chief Imran Khan to discuss security situation of the country after aggressive statements from the US civilian and military leadership against Pakistan.
    In response, both civilian and military leadership of Pakistan expressed grave concern over US baseless allegations and made it clear that Pakistan would not tolerate such attitude in future.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2011/09/pm-to-summon-apc-over-escalating-pak-usa-tensions/

2. Sanjeeb Bose

Sanjeeb Bose Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

It seems US has something up its sleeves or it is not a empty rhetoric that Pakistan has understood on yesterdays meeting with US military. Difficult choice for Pakistan HAVE Haqqani and face the consequences... Interesting time ahead...

3. TereBinLaden

TereBinLaden Captain STAR MEMBER

a defensive maneuver from Pakistan, no other way around.

4. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Something doesn't sound right, whats going on in there

5. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Captain SENIOR MEMBER

pakistani top administration right now is in a dilemma.......i jst dont understand why the indian foreign ministry is unable to capitalize on the issue....and unable to be decisive.....i thnk the lure of muslim vote bank is too much in india.....

6. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Dear Bro, The time has come sooner than expected. Even the meeting of Pranab with MMS in USA is not linked with 2G. It has been advertised to be so but the real agenda is what can be probably imagined. There is movement on ground within India.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mr Hit Smith

Mr Hit Smith 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Time For a Lap Dance ? :lol:

8. rocky.idf

rocky.idf BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Bangladesh
    1.That Pakistan should be bracing for an American attack is being discussed in another thread. I also suspect Pranab Mukharjee is in NY in this connection. However, I do not believe India will rush to accept any US allurements in supporting this assault. In any case, USA cannot afford anything other than sanctions and firing cruise missiles.

2. Chinese VP is due in Islamabad suddenly. Last week Russian Army Chief had visited. Are these connected?

3. Regarding Haqqani, if one goes through various media reports, it is quite likely that they operate outside the control of PA or ISI. That may not matter to USA whose President had promised an attack on Pakistan even in his election pledge.

1 person likes this.
  9. A haseeb A

A haseeb A Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Pakistan has taken these allegations very seriously.It seems like they have concrete resons to believe that USA is going to operate inside Pakistan on a massive scale with ground troops.

10. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    bro, the plans are made, go ahead is needed. India is most crucial for US ops to kill Pak. Even your corp commanders had a meeting today and they did not know where to deploy their troops? West or east? US wants India to mobilise on Pak east to tie you down while they cook you up from west. Happy nightmares buddy. I told you that your days as a nation are over. Jungibaaz also believed in 2012. So do I.

I had given you guy 60 days. It appears it will be over much before that. Your China will not be able to make any contribution to your safety. We have encircled it and will knock out all and everything which floats or sails with chinese flag. I am telling you the future. It is not wishful thinking.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  11. A haseeb A

Look,I appreciate your knowledge but you cannot say what happened in the meeting...

Why would India attack Pakistan mainland?...that would be a first assault,with no serious reason...or tell me the "reason" is in preparation and will be displayed soon (another terrorist attack in India)...

We'll see who ties who down...and I don't believe in 2012,was just kidding.If US comes at Pakistan alongwith India,I assure you that Hell is going to be unleashed in South Asia.

12. Sanjeeb Bose

Sanjeeb Bose Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Brother, I do not think India will get directly involved in this or deploy troops on US request, may be India will provide some logistics support to US in a smaller range. What I suspect US will do is to attack Pakistan with drones & fighter aircraft [no ground offensive] I could see, but it will try to provoke Pakistan out of its skin and go on violation of its territory with impunity so that PAF come out to challenge USAF... Then the game will start and escalate.

13. A haseeb A

Oops,the date got extended....you gave 30 days before...

14. Sher Malang

Sher Malang Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

The time has reached that Pakistani government should leave supporting Haqqanis and start kicking their a.sses out of Pakistan, It will hurt Pakistan's foreign strategy especially over Afghanistan but by now Pakistani people and Pakistan must be their top priority rather than their interest in Afghanistan.

1 person likes this.
  15. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Bro, You are right. India will not get involved in any attck on Pakistan. Even today it was made clear to US. However we have a strong reason to believe that once cornered, Pakistan will attempt a nuke strike on India as a last act of a dying man. We will open up with US if that happens or if we have reasons strong enough to expect that. We are mobilising at this time not for assualt but for defence.

What i have written is true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.