Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Something's cooking - Gilani calls all party conference, calls back Hina

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by Optimist, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobbieS

RobbieS 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

We can certainly exert more pressure on Pakistan to hand over Dawood or other scums on that list of ours but I dont think we will be using military strikes if thats what you mean by 'taking advantage of the situation'. Reasons - 1) I am not really sure if we have that capability to strike and then soak up the pressure; 2) This will piss off the US as they dont want any issue that diverts attention from WoT.

2. ColdPlay

ColdPlay Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

3. Nirmzz

Nirmzz 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

We too have capability to carry out surgical strikes: IAF chief

New Delhi: As the world rejoiced over the killing of Al Qaida chief Osama bin Laden in a US commando action in Pakistan, Air Chief Marshal P V Naik said India too has the capability to carry out such surgical strikes against terrorists but did not elaborate.
    "India has the capability," he told reporters here when asked whether India can undertake surgical strikes against terrorists similar to that by the US. He, however did not elaborate.
    The statement assumes significance as there had been demands after 2008 Mumbai terror attacks that India should carry out surgical strikes at terror camps in Pakistan.
    On Osama's killing, Naik hoped it would reduce the impact or intensity of terrorism. "There is one less terrorist in the world. He was an iconic figure on the terrorist world. It is good thing that he has been eliminated," he said while talking on the sidelines of the annual P C Lall memorial lecture here.
    Asked if India was increasing its security measures after Osama's killing, Naik said, "He (Osama) controlled a large group. There is a chance that this group may do something in retaliation. So every sane man would increase his security status till you analyse. India is also doing the same."
    Indianexpress Mobile- We too have capability to carry out surgical strikes: IAF chief News

Dude I think you missed out on this article plus we have won 4 wars against them what makes you think we don't have the capability to strike deep in Pakistan.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  4. A haseeb A

A haseeb A Captain SENIOR MEMBER

^^^ You can carry out surgical strikes,only after gaining momentary air-superiority...But can India deal with the aftermath?

5. Nirmzz

Nirmzz 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Did anyone miss anything when I said covert operations let America disarm you air superioty. The rest falls in place :coffee:

It's not india that needs to be worried about the aftermath but instead its Pakistan that needs to worried when America launches it's assault. Goodbye worry about yours era before worrying about us.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  6. RobbieS

RobbieS 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

I am not a fanboy and rather realistic about our capabilities. I dont go by statements, I go by precedents.

Having a capability is one thing. Using it, completely different. We could strike but what about the after effects? If we were so capable, why do you think we have waited this long after so many terrorist strikes. The truth is that we are a growing nation and our economy is dependent on foreign inflows. One threat of war and our growth figures will take a tumble. Nobody wants to invest in a risk prone area. Why do you think we didnt escalate the Kargil theater of ops and take the battle into PoK? We accord a higher priority to our economic well being. And frankly, we are not US. Our economy isn't insulated from events like war.

7. Hammad Khan

Hammad Khan 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

pakistan clearly understands that americans like to bully pakistan just because they want an escape goat for their failure not because haqqani is responsible for anything

also the next elections are coming soon, PPP govt will like to present something before the public and not just sit their and see pakistan going from worse to worst, they realize that they just cant get votes by convincing public by saying, we were unlucky to have been in govt these terrible times, so PPP couldnt do anything for pakistanis

8. A haseeb A

@Hammad Khan...this is not the way to debate...change your tone,you are affecting the image of Pakistan.

1 person likes this.
  9. vikas jat

vikas jat Captain SENIOR MEMBER

this is the right time to create more diplomatic pressure on pakistan n show some aggressiveness on border to create fear in pakistani think tank ..........pakistan morale is all time low because of strained relationship with usa n domestic anger of the people ........debt n economy .............obl incident

10. A haseeb A

Morale is all time low?...I don't think so...

Infact,unity is being witnessed among political parties,and everyone is ready to forget local issues for a moment.A US assault on Pakistan is the best chance for Pakistani nation to unite once again...

11. A haseeb A

Why are you being so aggressive?...and why are you abusing me?

12. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I dont agree with any aggressive moves on India's part,
    we must sit quietly and enjoy the show :cheers:

But again,
    i really doubt any thing is going to happen,
    Any military action against Pakistan from US,
    it seems very unlikely given the current political
    and Economic condition in US :wave:

13. Hammad Khan

can you stop commenting on me, and discuss the topic???????????

14. Hammad Khan

lets for arguement sake, say, US attacks pakistan, will pakistan not block their supplies, their food passes daily from pakistani border, if pakistan stops their food, what kind of soldier fights hungry?? even lets say we stop their ammo, but they have enough ammo to fight both pakistan and talibans in afghanistan, if they fight pakistan then they will have to divert attention of their troops from ttalibans, they cant handle both at the same time

talibans have already increased their attacks seeing US departure eminent in future

15. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Guys please get back to the topic and lets not fight among ourselves shall we.
    And no abusive language please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.