Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Sonia should be quizzed about 2G scam, CVC row

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by DaRk KnIght, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akaal

Akaal 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Are you trying to say, The Bofors gun that could be purchased without giving/taking bribe was inferior to the one purchased by taking bribe.
    If you think no bribe was ever taken then you win. I rest my case.

2. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

He intended to say the same :lol:

After some time we will hear the argument that there could be no successful CWG without kalmadi :rofl:

3. Akaal

Credit must be given where it is due & I never had any problem in accepting that. But I'm always against when congress party tries to project that its only Gandhi family because of which we got freedom, its only Gandhi family that can do wonder in Bharat. Doesn't the other people who gave sacrifices deserves credit. Doesn't the Netaji Subash Chandra Bose & Sardar Vallabh bhai patel (who united almost all provinces) deserves atleast Bharat Ratna.

4. Akaal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

If you believe that no kickbacks/bribes happen in multi million $ defense deals then you are living in an Utopian world.

Do you think that Bofors controversy is not a factor in Indian Army not upgrading its artillery for last 25 years?

This is what happens when politicians make a big deal out of nothing for mere political gain.

Do you think there would be zero corruption if NDA comes in power? Can you guarantee that?

6. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

you are being very naive. No britisher ever achieved the kind of uniform dominance that the Nehru Gandhi's have seen ion their career (though not now, for sure). These guys weren't maintaining random suzerainty over a hotch potch of kingdoms- they had REAL power. The army, of course, would never agree to such plans, neither the larger society, which most gandhis have respected. yOU gotta give them the credit-they did have democratic values for most of their political careers except for that insane emergency when all sanity was lost.

7. Guynextdoor

I don't think that's congress's problem- It's OUR problem. It's been TWENTY YEARS since a gandhi became a PM, most gandhis are operating in the backkground, I don't know if RG'll become a PM but he sure hasn't taken the job for granted and is gonna do a good 20 years of social & political work (it's almost 10 years now) before pitching for the Job (if ever). The Gandhis are a benignly receeding shadow yet we fear it. They don't seem to have any personal agendas except leave behind a a memorable legacy (one they deserve) yet we are scared of them. Why? No matter how mistaken and ridiculous their decisions, didn't they always have a commitment to the unity of this country? Didn't they sacrifice themselves if needed to causes which they decided were good for the country? You can fault them for their mistakes, but not besmirch them. In a world full of suhartos, hosni mmubaraks and gaddafis and zia ul haqs, they have always wanted LEGITIMATE power throiugh elections. That itself is a huge achievement.

8. Guynextdoor

And it took a congress defence minister called anthony to start cleaning up the mess. What was the BJP doing when it was in power? Should i remind you that their president was caught taking a bribe to facilitate defence purchases?

9. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

First do you accept that BRIBE was necessary for Bofors??

Second Antony was made DM in 2006 and secular govt is in power from 2004 so what it was doing till now?? And we havent got ANY GUN YET. And please dont forget that we were under SANCTIONS during Some DHOTI Wearing PM because he was brave enough to DO NUCLEAR TEST (I am sure some secularist will blame DHOTI wearing PM for nuke test as well :lol: )

Third please remind me of bribe taking incident. I am not aware of it. Or it is some ToI over hyped news??

10. Akaal

In Afganistan and Pakistan suicide bombers are very common think but in Bharat you didn't find any one because people there had made this extreme thing as normal one.
    With full respect to you,Don't try to show that extreme thing bribery like a normal one. The mistake that 99 out of 100 commits still remains a mistake.

1 person likes this.
  11. Coltsfan

So you think giving and accepting bribe is an "extreme" thing?

12. Guynextdoor

Trash as usual. You start by talking about corruption and then when I point out that the government is actually doing something about it you try to twist stuff. In anycase, you bottomlessly ignorant one, the dhoti wearing PM wasn't the only one who wanted to test the bomb. Narasimha Rao had ordered the tests too. But the test preparations were picked up the americans who rushed down their security guys with pressure tactics. Since he had just started the liberalization efforts and pulled us out of bankruptcy, he decided it was better to wait than create more complexities.

13. Coltsfan

I am not quite sure if you honestly do not remember Bangaru Laxman, BJP chief at the time caught on camera accepting cash, or are you are just feigning ignorance.

Here is a little something to refresh your memory. and no the link is not TOI.

Bangaru Laxman: Life after sting

Do not despair, you will be glad to hear that "holier-than-thou" BJP has welcomed the corrupt ex Chief again into its fold.

Bangaru Laxman is back as BJP's Tamil Nadu poll in-charge

14. Guynextdoor

^^^ There's a reason why he made a comeback---he didn't take the money just for himself but also for the party. BJP is the first party that made a revenue stream out of defence kickbaks. THAT sordid saga came out of Jaya Jaitley's sting operation in the same scandal remember. So much for attacking congress on Bofors.

15. Coltsfan

They figured voters of India would have forgotten their scams that happened a decade ago.

I think we can expect some of lame argument as to "it was 1 lakh v/s 1 lakh crore" coming up soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.