Ssb medical test for indian army officer's selection

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by arnik_jain, May 27, 2012.

1. arnik_jain

arnik_jain REGISTERED

This is regarding indian army SSB Medical test.
    People having a minute hole in the ear drum of the ear ( called perforated ear DRUM). for this the treatment done is a minor surgery called tympanoplasty. I just want to ask that will this be accepted in the SSB MEDICAL TEST after the selection through the SSB Interview. PLZ inquire about this and reply in this thread. I will be very greateful to you all for this.
    Thank YOU.
  2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey PROFESSIONAL

Yes it will be acceptable provided you have perfect hearing as per their standards. Even Lasik is now accepted as a vision corrxn surgery.
  3. satya

satya FULL MEMBER

^^^ vstol sir do you have idea about palm sweating?
    I thought before test if we keep our palms open then hands can dry up

1 more thing like you were ex-NDA as naval cadet then how did you get in naval aviation?
  4. vstol jockey

Palm sweating is caused by extreme nervousness and anxiety. if you suffer from this, try reciting AUM atleast for three long breaths, you will feel very relieved.
    All executive branch officers in the navy can volunteer for aviation and they have to than undergo PABT if not done already and aviation medical. PABT is done only once in a life time. If you pass the muster, you start your training in AFA as an IN officer.

If you are not able to control your palm sweating, I would suggest that you do not try for armed forces. When you are in the thick of the action, this can make your aim go heywire and also in an ac you may not be able to handle the controls well. Your heart automatically hits peaks of performance without you realising it in air combat. So pls be very clear about these before you join.

http://www.angelfire.com/ar/laparoscopy/Hyperhidrosis.html
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght ELITE MEMBER

^^^I am suffering from colitis.....although it can be cured through surgery but I havent opted for it. What are my chances??
  6. vstol jockey

Anything which can be corrected thru surgery and does not impose any limits on you will be acceptable to armed forces. I myself had suffered from DNS(L) in my nose which was corrected thru surgery and after that I was able to join NDA. This condition was revealed to me during my NDA medical and I was put down as Temp unfit. Once I got this surgery done, I was cleared to join NDA.
    I used to Box from 10th onwards so I suffered this problem. The nose cartillage was dislocated to left which was restricting passage of air from the left nosetrill. So I had to get my nose straightened by surgery.
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght ELITE MEMBER

Thats the only thing I wanted to hear :mrgreen:

Will start my preparations from July :yahoo:
  8. arnik_jain

arnik_jain REGISTERED

but i have read in ssb medical standards that surgical marks will be checked on the body and may be a cause for rejection, , , so this tympanoplasty surgery is based on stitches behind the ear which will be removed after healing, after the surgery there will be no hearing loss and i can pass the audiology test easily, so what do you think about the surgical marks, , ,and thank you very much for your above reply
  9. vstol jockey

When you undergo the medical, you are required to sign a statement detailing all the surgeries that you have under gone and what for all reasons. The doctors will than check you specifically for those organs. If they find that surgery does not impose any restrictions on you. They will clear you.
  10. vikas jat

vikas jat SENIOR MEMBER

plzzz somebody explain about the medical fitness that is required required for IPS ????
    they are really strict just like army or relaxed????
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  11. That Tall Guy

That Tall Guy FULL MEMBER

Sir, regarding executive officers volunteering for aviation branch, i have cleared my PABT in my first attempt, N/R though. Now attending NAVAL SSB for Executive Branch(General Services). If recommended and join the academy, am i allowed to volunteer to join naval aviation.

also RCT was done on one of my tooth last yr.. will this be a probs during medicals..
  12. akilesh

akilesh REGISTERED

Somebody pls give me de details of medical test regarding the eye ! i hav -2 myopia in both of my eyes.. AM I ELIGIBLE ? if do any laser surgery will i be cleared of the test ??
  13. Rajaraja Chola

Rajaraja Chola FULL MEMBER

Mostly u will be selected... But in ur medical report, u should mention the problem and the operation done... But u wont be eligible for pilot or AF..
  14. akilesh

akilesh REGISTERED

1) SSB medical test for indian army officer's selection- is this test applicable for both CDS and TGC applicants ?

2) After the completion of 1 year training in IMA for TGC applicants what post in the army will they be commisioned in and what is in case of CDS applicants ?

3) Will they find out in SSB medical test that i had smoked weed 1 year back ??

:respect: pls rply
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  15. satya

satya FULL MEMBER

1. Medical test is same for all officer cadre, be it NDA,CDS,TGC.
    it is little more intensive for pilots.

2. Everyone passing out from IMA is commissioned on the rank of lieutenant regardless of your mode of entry

3. Hopefully they won't be able to detect if you actually smoked it an year ago.