Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Su-30MKI Multirole Fighter Aircraft and Super 30 Upgrade News, Discussions..

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by Dark_Prince, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Golden_Rule

Golden_Rule Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

3 Idiots -- Professor to Aamir Khan -- toh phir tum his bata do ..... :argh:

Hellfire likes this.
  2. Golden_Rule

In that case Pakistan will have to put up its nuclear toys for display only

3. Golden_Rule

Possibility of using a Brahmos on P-8I or even MKI with sea skimming travel and the final maneuver of vertical steep dive to take out an enemy submerged moving submarine from a long standoff distance? Any works in that direction? The movement coordinates tracked by P-8I / MKI and either relayed directly to the weapon or via satellite?

4. ashkum2278

ashkum2278 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
  5. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    BrahMos cannot be carried on P-8I. Even the BrahMos-NG (1500kg) is too heavy. The maximum weight on P-8I's external pylons is some ~1300kg only.

The steep dive capability is already available on the Block-III Army GLCM variant.

I'm not sure if any ALCM is planned to have that feature too.

6. ashkum2278

ashkum2278 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    From the information I heard, is that it steep dive's at a 70° angle and that we were working on a 90° angle. This 90° variant would be a game changer, as it would be a true carrier killer.

http://www.brahmand.com/news/BRAHMO...Dive-capability-Sudhir-Mishra/14738/1/10.html

Gessler likes this.
  7. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

The shipborne Brahmos will weigh 1500Kg. The air launched missile can be made lighter. Smaller booster, better materials, lighter ejector rack etc.

DAC O DAC and Gessler like this.
  8. Hindustani78

Hindustani78 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Ministry of Defence
    28-May, 2018 17:44 IST
    DAC approves procurement of equipment for Defence Forces

The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Raksha Mantri Smt Nirmala Sitharaman, met here today and accorded approval for the procurement of equipment for the Defence Forces valued at over Rs. 6900 crore.

The DAC also accorded approval for undertaking Design and Development of the Long Range Dual Band Infrared Imaging Search and Track System (IRST) for SU-30 MKI aircraft under ‘Make II’ sub category and subsequently, for procurement of at least 100 IRSTs under ‘Buy (Indian–IDDM) category. The system will be able to operate in day and night conditions and will substantially enhance the capabilities of the aircraft.