Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Subramanian Swamy courts trouble over hate article

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Osiris, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

Janata Party president Dr Subramanian Swamy has courted trouble over his "irresponsible, inflammatory and most condemnable" article that seeks to "whip up passions and destroy the country's social fabric".

"At a time when communities need to bond together to fight terrorism, Dr Swamy is
    engaged in the
    reprehensible task of dividing the country. He should be immediately arrested under Section 153 A of the Indian Penal Code," said Dr Abraham Mathai, vice chairman of the Minorities Commission of Maharashtra.

Two days after Dr Swamy's article appeared in the DNA newspaper, 24-year-old law student Shehzad Poonawala sought to lodge an FIR in New Delhi on July 18 for his "hate-filled article that seeks to spread the ideology of lies, hatred and divisiveness".

Disallowing the FIR plea, the station house officer at Defence Colony told Poonawala that they would need to conduct a preliminary inquiry before proceeding.

"If the police fail to set in motion an investigation, I will take up the alternative legal recourse in the matter," Poonawala said.

Writing in the aftermath of the serial bomb blasts in Mumbai, Dr Swamy spewed venom against the "Islamists", speculating that the Taliban takeover of Pakistan would become complete by 2012.

"Terrorist organisations would then focus on the unfinished chapter of Islamic conquests of India," Swamy wrote.

Calling for a "collective mindset of Hindus against the Islamic terrorists", the former Union minister propagated the theory of denying the right to vote to all Indians who (while being Muslims) do not acknowledge with pride that their ancestors were Hindus.

Subramanian Swamy courts trouble over hate article - Hindustan Times

2. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

controversial article :

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  3. abirbec04

abirbec04 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I read an interesting comment about this:

This comment is from Kiran KS,

"Subramanian Swamy was the Law minister of India in 1991. Salman Khurshid is in 2011. The former exposed the biggest scam in independent history, with help from journalists like Gopi Krishnan of The Pioneer. The latter fought in Supreme Court FOR deadly terror groups like SIMI.

The reason I am giving that comparison is that we have far more dangerous elements, I mean pro-terrorist elements, at very senior positions of UPA government today. People should be focusing on such blatant conflict of interests, rather than pick on Swamy.

By the way, I went over pages and pages of comments from different websites. Hardly anyone factually rebutting Swamy.

Some examples:
    a) Article 370 has been the main reason Jammu & Kashmir is not integrated with India like lets say Mysore princely state. That article was a pampering from Nehru’s long list of blunders. What’s wrong in asking it to be removed? Millions of nationalists will support such a move.

b) Liberal democracies like UK or USA do NOT allow a Muslim man to marry four wives today. Why is India allowing it, if it is truly secular? Swamy’s call to end such votebank politics is a very rational appeal, not hate mongering at all.

c) Extremely immigrant friendly country like USA does not allow a foreign born, naturalized citizen to become the President. What’s wrong in Swamy asking for a similar constitution in India which disallows a foreign born taking the top seat? Absolutely nothing hateful there.

d) What’s wrong in Swamy calling Indian government to claim back Pakistan Occupied Kashmir? After all its a question of India’s sovereignty! Some people are like…oooo.. Pak is a nuke power. But friends, even India was a nuke power on 26/11, but that didn’t deter pakistani to send mass murderers to Mumbai. Again, Swamy’s detractors have no solution, just resort to silly name calling.

I can give a lot more examples. If find it funny that some resort to ‘terrorists have no religion’, but when folks like Swamy hard hit terrorism bleeding India, like Mumbai 26/11 or 13/7, they immediately take sides to blame on ‘communal’ mindset. :lol:

Does DNA terror column amount to ‘incitement’? « sans serif

4. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

He also attend seminars by Fai the ISI's puppet!!

5. abirbec04

abirbec04 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

If Diggy can vomit all the BS that he has been doing all day for the past year, one article by Subramanian Swamy is matter of no concern to anyone. He is a citizen, he has his freedom of expression. I don't agree with him but I won't stop him from holding his own views.

I can see pseudos rushing to this thread Osiris - watch out. :sarcastic:

1 person likes this.
  6. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx Major SENIOR MEMBER

I didnt find Any thing wrong said in his article...What he said is a reality that everyone in India is Shying away from Talking in Public But this talk still happen behind Closed Doors...

1 person likes this.
  7. Sujal

Sujal 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Mr Swami is lawyer. may be he knew by now that thhis petition will go foul in court.

8. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

What bull. Lawyers have the right to represent whoever they want because in a healthy democracy each person has the right to be competently represented. Why don't you check out Ram Jethmalani's track record (BJP Law Minister), that isn't 'sqeaky' clean either, whaever it means. These kinds of uneducated clowns create silly arguments.

1 person likes this.
  9. @speaks

@speaks Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Amazingly he was no where to comment on Digvijay's Osamaji comment.
    Check out if his DOB is 19-jul-2011??????

10. @speaks

By the way what were you doing there in that seminar????:rolleyes:

11. RoYaN

When did I tell you I went to that seminar???

12. @speaks

As there are no reports on Swamy attending Fai's seminar....i thought you must have been there physically...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  13. RoYaN

He said it him self that he had gone there on a news channel when asked what he was doing at a seminar by Fai!!
    By the way ask him that question when he says Sonia Gandhi met this or that person!!

14. @speaks

Plz care to post link to support your claim...but certainly swamy would not have addressed him as "Fai Ji"....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.