Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Sukhoi likely downed by cyber weapons

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by DrSomnath999, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A_poster

A_poster Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

A dedicated fibre-optics network is being laid down for Indian armed forces. When that is complete, forces would have access to Gbps level speed, though they would still not be able to access internet on that network.

BOSS probably works like shit because there must be some hidden encryption protocol built in BOSS (as it is being used by Indian forces).

2. Golden_Rule

Golden_Rule Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Well if you do not know it, read about it. And stop imagining how others think!! You can at best express your opinion or knowledge if you have any!

What is your point?

3. Hellfire

Hellfire Devil's Advocate Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Oh really? Cite me the references wherein this has been weaponised and deployed. I am waiting.

It is ridiculous to claim an ongoing developmental project, which is in nascent stages as far as weaponisation is concerned, can shoot down a missile.

The operative word being - I will highlight it for those who are unable to understand and are slow on the uptake - DEVELOPMENTAL.

And KALI is a DEW? Source that specifically highlighting the weaponisation of a Test Technology.

Theoretically, he is right. That even I said in a post prior to his post which I checked.

'...is not yet known...' what is it about this fact that confused you and made it difficult for you to appreciate what point I have been making? If you do not know, may not be necessary that it means that the capability has been developed to full extent?

And ABM? What is the range of an intercept of IRBM/ICBM? You and @Luttapi can answer the query for me.

It is important, but the bullshit content so far is incredible.

Really? Now this is where the Pushpak Vimaan comes in ... do not talk theory and speak as if already proven.

An Interesting Link:

http://www.defenseone.com/business/...an-stop-iranian-north-korean-missiles/130845/

They have developed and matured it so well that yet they went on to do this

https://www.stripes.com/news/navy-s...efense-system-in-hawaii-1.452778#.WSuahpq6zR0

US is toying with the idea of deploying LASER armed drones in numbers to work in Boost Phase Missile intercept.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/20/p...rmed-drones-to-shoot-missiles-out-of-the-sky/

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/...aser-armed-drones-to-missile-defense-network/

And the Russians are reviving their A-60 project.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    Luttapi likes this.
  4. Hellfire

Country Flag:
    India

And you are quoting me for? Meant to only comment reading a post in isolation? Read the thread title, use your abilities at deduction to understand the point and move on.

Yes my dear friend, I know quite a lot of what is being done in this field. The point which is being made is that networking of Indian Armed Forces is not at such a level wherein a poor cyber defence will be the reason for loss of military equipment and loss of precious lives.

Was it so difficult to understand?

5. Golden_Rule

Golden_Rule Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

You cannot progress without skepticism!! From a Ideas to POC to Prototype to Production Scale is the way build technological marvels. Such inferences are easily derived if you understand the guarded secrecy in recent history of technology and economics!!

6. Hellfire

Country Flag:
    India
    Thread Reopened.

Stick to topic under consideration. All other ancillaries can be discussed on appropriate thread.

7. PeegooFeng41

PeegooFeng41 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    With all of this KAALI and PEELI discussion, I still want to know what was the basis of those Analyst to claim that Su-30 was brought down by a cyber attack.

8. Hellfire

Country Flag:
    India

Known as a Brain Fart!

9. Hellfire

Country Flag:
    India
    @Luttapi

Developmental project yes. Head back to your first statement which I had quoted. And understand where you were wrong at the time. Nobody denies work is ongoing. But you gave a definitive statement of it being able to intercept missiles.

10. Luttapi

Luttapi 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    The msg u just deleted will show commissioning trials. Bye.

11. nair

nair Die hard Romeo Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    There is nothing substantial to indicate what OP said.... And the discussion also not suggesting the same.... Let us wait for the court of enquiry to compete.... they seems to have found the Black box already.....

Closed

Agent_47 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.