Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Sukhoi to Build Strike, Recon Unmanned Planes

Discussion in 'The Americas' started by SpArK, Nov 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpArK

SpArK SorCeroR Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Sukhoi to Build Strike, Recon Unmanned Planes

:evilgrin::evilgrin::evilgrin:

[​IMG]

13/11/2012

ZHUHAI, November 13 (RIA Novosti) - Russian aircraft maker Sukhoi is to focus on creating reconnaissance and strike unmanned air vehicles (UAV) in the near future, United Aircraft Corporation President Mikhail Pogosyan said at the Zhuhai Airshow China exhibition on Tuesday.

Sukhoi, which has historically designed fighter and ground attack aircraft but now also builds some civil aircraft, is part of UAC, a holding covering most of Russia's aircraft industry.

"UAVs are a strategic avenue for development for UAC, and Sukhoi is focused on creating reconnaissance and strike UAVs. But our firm plans on this are in the future," he said.

Previous UAVs created for Russia's amed forces have been produced by Tranzas and Sokol, in addition to Sukhoi.

Sukhoi has designs on its website for a series of unmanned aircraft known as Zond, optimised for the carriage of surveillance and synthetic-aperture radars and electro-optical sensors.

In 2011, Sukhoi won a contract to develope a heavy strike UAV with a mass of around 20 tons, Fedutinov said. Another Russian fighter aircraft design bureau, RAC MiG, will also be involved in this program, MiG's CEO Sergei Korotkov told Russian media earlier this year.

MiG showed a demonstrator strike UAV design known as Skat at the MAKS airshow in Moscow in 2007.
    St. Petersburg-based Tranzas and Kazan-based Sokol won a tender in October 2011 to create two UAV systems with a mass of one ton and five tons respectively.

Sukhoi to Build Strike, Recon Unmanned Planes | Defense | RIA Novosti

2. Vritra

Vritra Major ELITE MEMBER

Wow. Mikoyan are really losing the ball to Sukhoi on all fronts.

3. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    At this rate, RSK MiG will soon be bankrupt and sold off to avert deficiet in UAC.

A private Indian company (Mahindra Aerospace for instance) should buy up majority stake in the
    company's shares and acquire infrastructure and IPRs for many important aviation regimes.

India should atleast buy up all the scientists who previously worked with MiG for our own benefit.

4. Picard

Picard Lt. Colonel RESEARCHER

Better not, you might become like the glorious US of A, which can't do anything without foreigners.

5. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    If i am not mistaken you can buy Mig Stock for .08 cents a share. United aircraft corp jsc (UNAC:RTS) which owns Sukhoi stock it is .0054 cents a share the best I can tell...

I am not sure about my figures, can any one else verfie the stock prices of Mig and Sukhoi. at a half cent a share I might want to buy 2 million shares for 1000 dollars. You would think with what India is spending Sukhoi would be worth more then half a cent a share.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  6. grond

grond Captain SENIOR MEMBER

The idea is already there .. but russian laws ( i think) dont permit it yet ... and besides the russians hold a lot of pride in Mig ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.