Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Support Hindu Rashtra??

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by arun.id, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

I am from Tamil Nadu who spent most of my life in Himachal pradesh. I am born Christian and my great grand parents where hindus and had Hindu names.
    Now some history lesson for u, india was never one country befoire 1947. People where divided by many small rulers and most of the regions where soverign and independent. They had their own languages, culture and sect. Though most of the north indian languages have devanagri lipi in common but if you go south, you enter a complete different domain of languages like malyalam, kannad and tamil. (Tamil is the oldest language of India and it is older than even sanskrit).

This is perhaps because the southern states of India like Tamil Nadu and kerala where ruled by Cholas when north was ruled by mauryas. No king who controlled the north ever ruled the south. We dravidians are different from most of the aryans in the north in colour, way of dressing etc. People of south India are more gentically close to sri lankans than north Indian. Same can be said about the north east people. They dont look like the north indian people nor the south and far eastern states where ruled by kings of Tibet before joining India.

World's 5 main religions originated from India. Just because majority are hindus, calling for making a hindu country is insane. All the different people of different states with their different cultures unite together not because they are hindus but because they are Indians. All our states fought together to get independence and our foresightful leaders created a secular India where religion has no place. We are supposed to create a modern india, not an ancient one. The only ancient thing we need to respect is culture(not religion) and when our own culture says that adopt the things u like, then y not religion.

India came into existence in 15 aug 1947, and from that date we all are Indians, it doesnot matter from which state we belong or which language we speak or which god we believe in, that day flooded us with a sense of oneness which was based on being Indian not hindus. Americans and a lot of western powers predicted that India will not survive long after independence but it did, just because we based our country on scientific values which are secular rather than religious values.
    Now majority of people here are ofcourse hindus in this community and its a herd mentality where the majority thinks the same way.

Now when science is proving that their is no god and its advancing forward, looking back to religion is a step backward.
    My only question to u [MENTION=9856]arun.id[/MENTION] is why have a country based on religion, y not by the language we speak. thats how the whole europe looks like. Germany-german, france-french, poland-polish and north asia russia- russian, china-chinese and pretty much all other countries.

Thats just because india was never created on those values, and so is the case of religion. I just wish u wer born in a minority community...not that u will be mistreated or disrespected, i never have been but.u wouldnt be squeaking so much then....

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
    3 people like this.
  2. zambino

zambino 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

ye samajnewalo mein se nahi hai sir.. Ye secularism hume leke doobegi..

3. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    [MENTION=9541]ULJUH[/MENTION]
    there are few history mistakes but I must say a hard and good lesson delivered by you... if only he can understand it.

2 people like this.
  4. Eddie

drunk buddy, I know, the Tibet stuff was all made up hehee.. truthfuly dont know much history about north east states..

5. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    no issue there were more but the message you wanted to deliver is right and that is the only thing which matter.

2 people like this.
  6. arun.id

arun.id Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

I'm half-southie half-northie. And it pisses me off when people start talking south India, north India, Aryans, Dravidans and such. Please stop propagating the evils that the westerns installed here.

You are right, India was never one country, but it was always one culture, comprised of people who subscribed to the idea of diversity and such. When other countries were formed under non-plural ideas, India was always India in the sense that India comprised of people who were plural in thought, that is to accept diversity. And that is why amgios!!! That mentality has to be kept alive if India has to live together. If people don't subscibe to pluralism, then slowly different views will start appearing. the more the mentality of non-pluralism appears, then kerala will start having kerala nationalism, tamil will start having tammil nationalism, maharastra will start having maharastrian nationalism and people will start getting devided when they disagree to live together or start fearing to go to an area coz there's a different nationalism there. If people don't subscribe to diversity and such, then India will start getting disunited. Hindusim is the culture what made us such a plural society that no one is afraid to travel across and such. We subscribed to the idea of pluralism. When we get taught non-plural ideologies in the name of pluralism, that pluralism that let non-pluralism to be taught will slowly start dying and non-pluralism start winning. And when people become non-plural, then they will see themselves as separate. And then the Indian union will start breaking away. Why isn't this so obvious?? Ya know, I think the problem with all of you is that you all see hinduism as a religion rather than a culture. Hinduism is our way of life and more of a culture than a religion itself. It became so good over time of evolution that people started calling it a religion and such. Infact, the people who started calling it as a religion is the british. There was no 'Holy', but rather 'sacred'. I think its the mentality in people that they see it as a religion that creates this problem.
    We have to restore Hindu culture. Hinduism as a religion/culture, they are all the same thing. We need to be taught pluralism or india will one day break away into chuncks. And it'll be bloody when highly fanatic ideologies like islam is involved. We have to do this before we reach the point where the non-plural ideologies become the majority and start enforcing the ideas.

My mom is a hindu, dad is a christian, and it is my dad itself who told me that the church is corrupted and not to put money there. Don't talk to me like i'm a fanatic. I come from a highly mixed culture. My dad married my mom out of respect for Hinduism and Bharatnatyam. And it's the reason he wanted me to follow my moms ways. he wanted a hindu kid so he married a women who could bring me up the hindu way. but i go to the church and such and everything.

7. Eddie

I would really like to know about other mistakes, always open to be corrected..

8. arun.id

India came into existance through acts of deciet. And since can't prove that there is a god or no god. And why don't you understand that this is not about who's god is greater and such, rather this's is about keeping alive the plural mindset of Indians. I wish Hinduism was not a religion, then it could've been recognized easily as the culture of India.

And about the new Inida, when we formed, we didn't destroy the bad elements that wreaked and divided India, we didn't solve any of those issues. Instead we legalised them all under secularism and such things. There is no new india and old india and such. There is only one India. We're living through the transformation in history that's all. But just coz some people managed to fool us all and create a nation that is founded on weaker foundations, we have to correct those mistakes and make it a better nation. And the first step isrestoring the plural mentality in the people. If people don't trust eachother, live harmonious, etc then the idea of a nation will break away when the fanatic ones gets irreversible political power. That is an inevitability if it's not solved. And the solution is to recognize India as hidnu rastra, that is a country which follows Hindu culture, for the betterment of all Indians.

I'm half-southie half-northie. And it pisses me off when people start talking south India, north India, Aryans, Dravidans and such. Please stop propagating the evils that the westerns installed here.

You are right, India was never one country, but it was always one culture, comprised of people who subscribed to the idea of diversity and such. When other countries were formed under non-plural ideas, India was always India in the sense that India comprised of people who were plural in thought, that is to accept diversity. And that is why amgios!!! That mentality has to be kept alive if India has to live together. If people don't subscibe to pluralism, then slowly different views will start appearing. the more the mentality of non-pluralism appears, then kerala will start having kerala nationalism, tamil will start having tammil nationalism, maharastra will start having maharastrian nationalism and people will start getting devided when they disagree to live together or start fearing to go to an area coz there's a different nationalism there. If people don't subscribe to diversity and such, then India will start getting disunited. Hindusim is the culture what made us such a plural society that no one is afraid to travel across and such. We subscribed to the idea of pluralism. When we get taught non-plural ideologies in the name of pluralism, that pluralism that let non-pluralism to be taught will slowly start dying and non-pluralism start winning. And when people become non-plural, then they will see themselves as separate. And then the Indian union will start breaking away. Why isn't this so obvious?? Ya know, I think the problem with all of you is that you all see hinduism as a religion rather than a culture. Hinduism is our way of life and more of a culture than a religion itself. It became so good over time of evolution that people started calling it a religion and such. Infact, the people who started calling it as a religion is the british. There was no 'Holy', but rather 'sacred'. I think its the mentality in people that they see it as a religion that creates this problem.
    We have to restore Hindu culture. Hinduism as a religion/culture, they are all the same thing. We need to be taught pluralism or india will one day break away into chuncks. And it'll be bloody when highly fanatic ideologies like islam is involved. We have to do this before we reach the point where the non-plural ideologies become the majority and start enforcing the ideas.

My mom is a hindu, dad is a christian, and it is my dad itself who told me that the church is corrupted and not to put money there. Don't talk to me like i'm a fanatic. I come from a highly mixed culture. My dad married my mom out of respect for Hinduism and Bharatnatyam. And it's the reason he wanted me to follow my moms ways. he wanted a hindu kid so he married a women who could bring me up the hindu way. but i go to the church and such and everything.

9. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Captain SENIOR MEMBER

This is a bull $h!t idea........not only it's not feasible but, to discuss this topic is to undermine the great contributions of many non-hindus towards the country.

1 person likes this.
  10. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    1. north Indian and south Indians are not genetically different... its a myth.. we all are same people.
    2. there were few north Indian rulers who ruled south.. its mauryas, guptas( protectorate style), Khiljis, Tuglaks, Mughals... and same goes to north.. it was ruled by southern kings like rastrkutas, chalukyas for a small period and marathas. and same can be said about the western kings of India.
    3. tamil is one of the oldest lang. but it is not the oldest.. there is a lang. spoken in baloochistan, I forgot the name that is the oldest lang. but yes it is a dravid lang.
    4. only southern most part under pandya,cher and chole which is mostly in Tamilnadu has been left unconquered because of logistic and other problems...

and we all are people of south as they once lived in north and created Indus vally civilization. I had one theory about my caste.. it too is south Indian and related to pandyas... but due to lack of time I hadn't researched it nor it worth.

11. arun.id

For India, its past is equally important for its future as is its present. For usual countries that is not as diverse as ours and usually has only one or two minor differences between its different communities, their existance is mostly sustained by a strong economy alone.
    But in india, ideologies are equally important. The future of our country is dependent on creating a strong economy. And to do this, we have to ahev a professinal mindset and all yes. And we're doing that. but in that name of modernism, if we breakaway or reject the values that kept us held together from killing eachother based on our differences, then that is shaking the very foundation of India. And that is why induism is very important to be taught to everyone. And I mean the hindu culture. And thatis what I mean when I say to recognize Hindu culture as the official culture of India. It just so happens that is ia a religion too. We have to eastblish Hindu rashtra coz if we don't do it early and things get too late, and since this is a democratic country, then the country will fall into a trap that it won't be able to get out of. If a non-pluram majority ever comes in India, there's no reason to believe that it won't just kill of all the minorities just for the fun of it. Coz that is what non-plural ideologies like islam does. And the minorities won't be able to do anything since they will have no power in the country, neither plitical or military. We're promoting the framework for an Indian doomsday when we promote non-plural cultures in Idnia.

12. Eddie

This is not spreading evil but i call it history or facts. My point is, India was not created for dravidians or aryans or anyone but for every one in the boundary we call India.
    and hinduism might be your culture or religion or watever my firend, but it is not mine. I do know my forefathers believed in that ideology, but I dont. This is called pluralism and this what we are supposed to guard. And I like ur family story buddy, but this is wat a typical indian kid grows out to be. Listens to his parents, thinks what they speak are the golden words and doesnt think of his own and wont accept an idea which differs from what his father told him to be. The right lesson he should have taught you is
    " church is corrupted as temples are" or "church is as sacred as temples are". He drew a line and that is wrong. He has not only drawn a line but also clearly defined to u that one side is good and other is bad..

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  13. arun.id

y do talk like i'm talking of eliminating of all the non-hindu minorities?? I'm just talking about teaching everyone the values that kept India united for so long dumbass!!!

14. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    you says all which we say sometimes but you see it differently... I suggested you long ago to read books but now I suggest you .. during your next vacation choose atleast 20 places in all over India and travel there and don't talk people about hindiusm, culture or anyother thing just be there and observe them.. you will see the real India and you will love that... the India which thrived for 10000 years and which will thrive for next 10000 years... just go and watch and in this process you will get answers of all the questions you have.

15. neil_diablos

neil_diablos Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Aur tu, samajh ke bhi na samjhne walo me sa hai! Tujhko jo samajhna hai to wo samajh aur khush rah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.