Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Swami Agnivesh Slapped !!!

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Sid, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sid

Sid Captain SENIOR MEMBER

AHMEDABAD: In an unsavoury incident, the human rights activist, Swami Agnivesh, who was accompanying the anti-corruption bill crusader, Anna Hazare, to a visit to Gujarat on Thursday, was slapped by a Mahant.

The incident occurred before the start of a public meeting to be addressed by Mr. Hazare. While meeting people, Swami Agnivesh tried to greet Mahant Nityanand Das, the chief of a temple near Nadiad, while the latter he slapped him.

The Mahant, who was arrested by the police, told journalists before leaving the venue that his anger against Swami Agnivesh was for his comments about the holy Amarnath shrine of Lord Shiva.

Swami Agnivesh, on the sidelines of a recent peace conference in Srinagar, had allegedly commented that the ice lingam of Amarnath was “artificially made,†and that the annual “Amarnath yatra†was a “religious deception.â€

The Mahant had earlier announced a “reward†of Rs. 51,000 for anyone who would dare to hurl a shoe at Swami Agnivesh in public. He said he had nothing against Mr. Hazare and totally supported his crusade against corruption, “but I cannot take the Swami's comments against a holy shrine of the Hindus.â€

Human right activists strongly condemned the incident. “We condemn the attack on Swami Agnivesh.†Said Father Cedric Prakash, a human right activist and convener of Prashant, a voluntary organisation.

The Hindu : National : Mahant held for slapping Agnivesh

3 people like this.
  2. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx Major SENIOR MEMBER

hahahahaha i really Enjoyed it ...this Nut Head really deserved it...........:smitten:

3. Sid

:rofl:

This is the result of pseudo secularism propagated by Swami Agnivesh and people like him.

One day or the other this was bound to happen. Mullah Agnivesh is on Arab Payroll and a darling of our pseudo secularists like Teesta Seetalvad and Mahesh Bhatt.

1 person likes this.
  4. Sid

Swami Agnivesh attacked in Ahmedabad​

Swami Agnivesh was attacked during a public rally of social activist Anna Hazare in Ahmedabad on Thursday.
    According to the TV footage, a sadhu named Swami Nitaynand attacked Agnivesh and removed his turban.

Agnivesh was attacked after he made some remark on Amranath Yatra issue.

The accused got anger over Agnivesh’s remark on Amarnath Yatra and attacked him. Earlier, the accused had announced to give a reward of 51 thousand for slapping Agnivesh for his Amrantah Yatra remark.

When no one came ahead, Nityanand, who belongs to Kehda, called Agnivesh and slapped him.

Earlier, social activist Anna Hazare had accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on the corruption issues. Swami Agnivesh was also present on the stage when Anna was crticising Modi.

Swami Agnivesh attacked in Ahmedabad

There was a big hue and cry by the pseudo seculars when Anna Hazare praised Modi for his work in Gujarat. Now, I guess, Anna has been properly trained to say what his mentors want to hear.

5. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

This Idiotic Maoist sympathyser Should have been Punished by the Government for his Disturbing comments on various Issues...But finally only a Old Mahant only showed the Balls to Slap him right on his Face...I just wanna her the sound...had it echoed like in Serials...sath sath sathhh sathhhhhhhhhh...:lol:

1 person likes this.
  6. ANISH VASHISHT

ANISH VASHISHT FULL MEMBER

well persion like agnivesh should be sent to kala pani as they are always hurting the sentiments of hindu and he wears a bhagwa chola for what .if he has guts say a word about the minority his head would be taken out of his body .he desereved it good more slaps and jutas:butcher::happy::BVICTORY::cheers::jester:

7. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

Good news.............

8. ek_indian

ek_indian Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

This is certainly not good. :tdown:

Though I do not agree with Swami Agnivesh. We normally see small sized "shivling" type ice in refrigerators. Same could also happen with Amarnath as well. In all possibilities, this could not be artifically made. This is ridiculous to believe this shivling is created every years since do-not-know-how-long. Amarnath is a holy place for Hindus and swami was no child not to know this. His proxomity with leftist organizations and thus this thoughts are also well known.

Having said that, I am strictly against so called mahant's action. If he was unsatisfied with swami's statement, he should have countered with facts and logic. The way he acted, is certainly not the proper way. We should not look towards "religion of peace" which does not allow any rationalty and debate. I always say we should get rid of this non-rationality which entered in out physhe in last 1000 years. The sooner the better.

9. Rudrakx

Rudrakx Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

I remember what this guy said about Ayodhya dispute, he suggested that why not built a Hospital or a garden instead s temple or a Mosque !! I still don't understand why "Swami" ? n why Saffron outfit ?

10. Sid

Swami Agnivesh should thank God that he is an Indian and he can talk so freely against the hindus in India. The kind of things he has said, if he had said the same things about muslims in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia, he would have been treated the same way as Taslima Narsreens and Salman Rushdies were treated by the Muslim ummah.

1 person likes this.
  11. RobbieS

RobbieS 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Well weren't there reports of an artificially made Shivling in Amarnath a few years ago? If I remember correctly, a few priests irked by the fact that a warmer than usual weather didnt help the creation of a natural shivling, tried to take matters into their own hands and tried to create a shivling on their own. The priests probably had valid reason as no shivling meant lower pilgrims and hence lower earnings for the priests or the Muth they belonged to.

1 person likes this.
  12. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

[​IMG]

13. Kronus

Kronus Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Nice work, in fact excellent! Finally something that so many people wanted to do with him!!!!

He deserves more though....

1 person likes this.
  14. RobbieS

RobbieS 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

You obviously, dont follow current affairs, kid! Google it.

15. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

KID lol...ok Uncle i will surely follow it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.