Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Tamil Nadu adopts resolution to stop treating SL as a friendly country

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Tantrika, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

I agree with you, except the first sentence. Such language I do not use.

But still that is our POV. What about Pak and Cheen? Do they acceot our POV? Not at all.

We will be out of our national mind if we support such resolutions for every banana state. That is real politics,sir.

Bhai mere, there are plethora of elements within and without who would be happy to see India disintegrate. Then there are who would not care this way or that.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Tantrika

Tantrika 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

What Pak and China POV is really matter to us? if they touch Kashmir we can also bring Baluchistan , Tibet issues into the table and India know how to tackle it. India is powerful country you should behave like one.

SL never be friendly with India ; SL not supported us in China aggression in 1962 , it helped Pakistan in 1971 , SL killing our fisherman now and then ,recently SL voted for Ban ki moon instead of Sashi tharoor still you saying SL is friendly nation means I really don't know wat to say?. Do you think tamils showing bad way to mother India and its future? are you believing Singalese more than Indian tamils?.

UN brought referendum in East Timor and South sudan and got separate country why not in SL? if India can bring such referendum definitely Eelam will be formed and India can dominate coastal regions of SL thereby restrict China entry in IOR. If possible India can annex Eelam like China did with Hong kong , singalese won't hear what to says but SL tamils hear our words becoz they are our people they bonded with Indian culture and they never go against India interests.

1 person likes this.
  3. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    now this referendum thing is a considerable option

1 person likes this.
  4. rcscwc

Pal, in international affairs, it is not logic, reason or justice that prevails. Excuses, even manufactured, prevail, with might of arms if need be. Timor and Sudan are far off, SL is next door. If next UP assembly resolves that a referendum in Burma may be held so muslims are "safe", will you accept it? Why not? It is a minefield and India should keep clear.

For Balochistan, India can make noises, but in Kashmir both Pak and China can play a real mischief.

PS: TN assembly can demand a referendum in TN too. What then?

5. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    well ur "indecency" of calling me a kid in debate not only shows ur lack of maturity but also lack of knowledge. i will rebutt ur points one by one.

Murugan, T Suthendraraja alias Santhan and A G Perarivalan alias Arivu are on death row and not jailed for 20 yrs. so in that sense they have been given a single sentence and have not been given two punishments for same crime. yes i m not in favour of death row prisoners being kept in jail for long periods. but my point was why state governments need to show sympathy to terrorists on death row.

this feature is not restricted to TN alone it has been seen in J&K and punjab. i say what abt the human rights of rajiv gandhi and 14 other killed in those blasts. dint they have the right to live? why are politicians using sympathy for terrorists as votebank policy?

second point. i was not comparing SL with J&K and AP. i was merely condoning this practice of state government passing resolution on international matters. so what happens when a srilankan state govt pass a resolution stating that kashmir be merged with Pakistan? what happens if state govt in myanmar passes a resolution that nagaland be merged with them? then there is no stopping these resolutions isnt it? where to draw the line?

lastly rest assured i have done my fair share of reading and journalism. it is perhaps u who needs to get out of "regional" mindset and think on "national" lines.

P.S. - I m willing to treat u as an adult as long as u justify that by quality of ur post.

6. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    all true bro apart from last line.. if they go for such a resolution it will be death for them by the hands of very tamils who had voted for them.... yes we need to always work as our nation's integrity will not jeopardize.. but this will be a overshoot for example.

7. rcscwc

Chanakya speak: Take nothing for granted.

8. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    true and thats why I said to work continuously for nation

9. Tantrika

I don't know how you comparing genocide with riots in Burma?. In SL tamils protested peacefully for their rights for 30yrs then they fought with weapons for 30 yrs totally 60 years of struggle but that is not the case in Burma. After more than 50yrs of Independence SL govt. given citizenship for SL tamils in 2003 . Buddy if you decided something and then arguing means we can't conclude anything.

10. Tantrika

There is no logic in your post (as usual) better luck next time.

11. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    people resort to "no logic" tactics when they dont have any answers.

12. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

I am just watching a match RCB Banglore vs Sunrisers (team owned by Chennai based sun TV)
    As I know this team is owned by Marans who are also top leaders in DMK (the pro tamil group)

with all the ruckus the tamils and their leaders are saying about Sri lanka, their leaders are doing exactly contrary,
    The Sunrisers have two Sri lankan players Thisara Perera and Kumar Sanghkkara and infact Sanghakkara is the captain,
    So I wonder what the Tamil people think about this situation.
    Maybe now you want to hold Sri Lanka (as a country) responsible right?
    But should the Tamil leaders not show their own sensitivity?

This is something like DO WHAT I PREACH, DO NOT DO WHAT I DO,

2 people like this.
  13. SajeevJino

SajeevJino Major SENIOR MEMBER

He is the Pure BS party of TN...Here in TN Sun Network had major Television channel around TN ...whatever it says Tamil peoples believes that is the Truth...That's why Tamil peoples still Sleeping and Worshipping that Family

14. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

Politicians cannot bring up the people, rather it is the people who have made fake gods out of the politicians,
    It is true all over India, each state.

15. omya

omya Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    u people from north who control delhi (central govt.) never even listen to south people..... actually u guys should support dem in dis issue..... wot sri lankan govt. has done with the support of chinese was sumthing no one will do :what:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.