Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Tamil Nadu adopts resolution to stop treating SL as a friendly country

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Tantrika, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

You are saying something to me?

2. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    what is this nonsense of north and south.

we have enough divisions in terms of caste, religion, state already. let us not start a "north-south" here.

3. omya

omya Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    naaah dude not at allll..... my point here is dat central govt. should support the resolution to stop treating SL as a frndly country.....

1 person likes this.
  4. omya

Country Flag:
    India
    im srry if i have :unsure: hurt any1......im not here to start an internal war .......what i meant was the politicians of north india........

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Tantrika

Tantrika 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Buddy if you feel better in that way means I agreed i HAVE NO ANSWER for post.. happy??

1 person likes this.
  6. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Tamil Nadu government has done 100% the right thing.:tup:

Infact the whole of India should follow in the footsteps of TN's decision, but our union govt. has lost its balls
    somewhere in the Indian Ocean.

2 people like this.
  7. Tantrika

The samething had been discussed lot in TN media even TN CM told the those things in our state assembly. If DMK or AIDMK not expressing our views tamils simply thrown them out from political arena like we did with congress in 1960s , DMK betrayed our race and tamils not in position to pardon them. DMK keep on committing mistakes obviously it should face respective consequences.

1 person likes this.
  8. omya

Country Flag:
    India
    ya dis is wot i xactly want to say

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. Tantrika

India having everything except charismatic and powerful leader hence all shi!te happens , MODI is our only hope. If he didn't manage to win 2014 election(UP fools always deciding India's fate) then Indian union as well as its future is great question mark. Elect Modi save India.

1 person likes this.
  10. smestarz

Thank you for your view, but you as a person from Tamil Nadu and assuming you share the same views as an general tamil population, dont you think you should have an alternative political party?
    In the past few months you have seen that the politicals parties tend to say something to incite the people and bang up their popularity and all this to get some leverage with the UPA to actually get some of the pending cases against them weakened or dropped.

Let us assume some fact, and do correct me if I am wrong as I am not from tamil nadu .

1. People in Tamil Nadu are among the most politically aware people in India.

2. The general population is fed up of being manipulated by AIADMK and DMK for their own political gains (and DMK has actually started its own dynasty.. imagine a movie writer becoming the king and starting his own dynasty)

3. Political parties in Tamil Nadu are least interested in the goodwill of Tamils in Sri Lanka as those cannot vote for them but yes they can use their plight for their political gains (exactly what is going on, and Sunriser's team shows that issue)

4. Tamil Nadu has thrown Congress out in 1960 but then got the party which was in alliance with congress elected twice (AIADMK before and then DMK, am I wrong?) When Rajiv Gandhi was killed Congress was in Alliance with AIADMK.

5. BJP does not have strong position in Tamil Nadu, and also it is considered a north Indian Party,

Anyway about Cricket, none of the sri lankan players have anything to do with the genocide. So when you say "stop treating Sri Lanka as friendly country" does it apply to both Sri Lanka as country and its people also?
    Just a clarification.

From Sensitivity point of view, The Sunrisers should have been bit more sensitive about it, and also they have K Srikkanth as their Ambassador, and surely he was present on the ground yesterday, anyway he might argue that it is just a game of cricket

By the way do you think there is possibility of another political party coming into prominence? There are some vibrant leaders like Vaiko and also Subramaniyam Swami (I just love that guy , he is one of the politician who will reply to each and every point without ignoring any point.

2 people like this.
  11. smestarz

Do you see the popularity of Modi in TN, enough for people to vote for BJP? or is it just your view?

12. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    I have often stated that Democratic system is an inherently week form of governance which needs strong leaders to succeed. NAMO & JAYA combination can spell doom for SL and will be a blessing for Tamils of SL and for all Indians and people of Indian ethnicity the world over.

1 person likes this.
  13. Nagaraj

Nagaraj 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

I don't expect majority of people in TN voting for Modi/BJP. Having popularity is different from getting votes, Modi may be popular in TN(All over India) but I don't think TN people will vote for any parties other than DMK & AIDMK.

We should take not of how much votes BJP got in TN in last elections and can't expect drastic change in % of votes.

14. theeternallaw13

theeternallaw13 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

i don't understand.why????
    why they support lankan tamils??
    lankan tamils are lankan.there country is lanka.why we should care what lankans are doing with there citizens.
    i would have supported this resolution if it would have been about the lankan navy harrasing and detaining tamil fisherman(the real tamils of india).

15. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    [MENTION=7331]Tantrika[/MENTION], do you know the full form of UP, Its-Ulta Pradesh (Upside down State) and not Uttar Pradesh as most members wud like to believe. In biz circles we call growth as going North and going downhill is called going south. So Uttar Pradesh has never headed north. It has always been downhill.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.