Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Tejas mk2 updates......

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by flanker143, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    The problem with LCA regarding drag are being taken care of by better manufacturing by reducing panel joins and lesser rivets and redisigning some of the inlets to make them more streamlined. the problem was the additional weight and lower installed thrust of GE404 engine. These issues have been more than taken care of in Mk2. There is hardly any nation who designed a fighter and got it bangon on first attempt. take the case of Sabres, Phantoms, F-16s or F-15s. The upgraded variant is always close to perfection while the initial opens the route to perfection.

2 people like this.
  2. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    ^^About the RCS?

3. flanker143

flanker143 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

i do.....

alot of bs is thrown at him , everytime ppl see psg's post they immediately ridicule its credibility and regard the post as crap ( i really dunno why ?? ) while other netizens blindly follow him in this act without even knowing that why ppl say this kind of stuff about him in the very first place !!!!

seriously....common sense is really not that common these days !!

4. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    I just checked it. The reason why DRDO is stating the thrust as 100KN is bcoz they are still delibrating on redisgning the intake. There is a difference of opinion still to be resolved regarding whether to completely redisgn the intakes to allow for increased airflow to use 120KN thrust or use only 100Kn thrust with minor redesign with aux intakes to have smooth operation for upto 100KN thrust of S6 engine. Navy wants full 120KN. DRDO is undecided as of now. They are willing to do major redisign in MK3 as that will be a very different airframe.

1 person likes this.
  5. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Common sense is the most uncommon thing in the world. Most desired, hardly found.

6. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    I see the RCS is classified stuff...alright.:oops:

7. flanker143

not exactly classified but an exponentially variable stuff...

8. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Leave something as a secret. BTW, Navy has never backed down from home grown/made products unlike IAF which loves to lick white A**es. We will force DRDO to redisgn the intakes for MK2 itself and in the bargain even IAF will also gain a SC model. NAL has yet to create the software to calculate and simulate the airflow funnel design and what best can be achieved with minor tweeks and aux intakes. Trust Navy, we will have our way.

1 person likes this.
  9. flanker143

VMT for the info...
    you must have checked this from one of your sources cuz this stuff is isnt available on net....

anyways the way i see it , they should go with the extensive redesign of the intakes cuz down the line of active service an aircraft gets heavier with successive upgrades due to the addition/upgradation of avionics and other stuff.....which deteriorates the twr and eventually the kinematic performance of an aircraft...

1 person likes this.
  10. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Bingo. I fully agree with you. even if it means another six months delay, it will be worth it. But we must ensure enough of air flow for 125KN thrust. The F-18SH has intakes so big that they dont need redisgn for 120KN thrust. They had built growth capability from the first day. We can always learn from americans so what if dont want to learn from AA. LOLz.

11. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I agree if we are putting in a quality engine
    why not use it full potential :yes:

12. vikas jat

vikas jat Captain SENIOR MEMBER

mk2 is going to be next su 30 mki for pakistan

13. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Infact a much bigger problem than Su-30MKI as its RCS is less that 5% of Su-30MKI and also it has visual stealth due to its size. Its a nearly 4.5 Gen GNAT for PAF.
    Dekhan main chotay lagain, ghaav karien ati ghor.

14. flanker143

the thing i just loved on mk2 is the swashplate radar that it is going to get !!! 200 deg of radar coverage.....thats just beautiful.....

i'm really starting to think that do we really need the ldp for strike missions except for laser painting....i mean the radar itself can make high res ground images over a wide swath , it has sar , isar , gmti , and can also do radar ranging of ground targets !!! so except for the laser painting of the target for lgbs we really dont need a ldp !!

15. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    ^^Yes.

besides the SU-30MKI's BARS radar already has some 200* degree coverage (90-100* degrees to each
    side, with addition of renewed sidelobes) plus some 40* in rear hemisphere upto 60km, so total 240* coverage
    for MKI, 200* for MK-2 Tejas, our planes will be the all-knowing ones:lol::tup:

Besides Rafale's SPECTRA offers 360-degree situational awareness otherwise found only on
    5th generation planes.

Thales SPECTRA: The tactical advantage for Indian Air Force Pilots | defenceaviation.com

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.