Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Ten Imaginations for a Dreamed India

Discussion in 'World Economy' started by sunny_10, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

8th; Maintain Infrastructure Spending over 10% to GDP till 2050

when we think about a Dreamed India, if you ask a kid then he/she would say, "we would have high speed roads, modern Airports, Metro Trains in towns, City buses in all the cities like how we have in Indore, bla bla." and this all means to have higher spending on infrastructure. and as always demanded from economists, India must achieve and maintain Infrastructure Spending over 10%+ to its GDP for the next 30-40 years time. :tup:

we have few excellent example of recent Infrastructure developments in India as below. and we would like to see this type of metro trains, city buses like BRTC, airports, new Economic Cities like Gift City as below, etc we want in all the cities/states of India. :india:

=> New land law a setback to $1tn infra target: Experts :facepalm:

=> Analysis as below generally have variations upto 20% to 40% to their estimate, but we may have a look on the current Infrastructure Assets of India, in comparison to emerging economies, w.r.t. to US/Germany too as below. here we find India and Brazil both need much more to catch up with emerging China :coffee:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

9th; Fulfill Mahatma Gandhi's Dream of "Made in India" :india:

today i thought when we want to dream for a successful India, it must come with fulfilling dreams of Mr MK Gandhi, who fought for "Made in India" products for his whole life. there can't be any other way to imagine a Dreamed India, which would fulfill dreams of her Father of Nation :india:

=>
    Mr Gandhi was in favor of having home industries, and hence you need to modernize it, obviously, as he demanded that. but until you don't have your own industries, it was good to have charkha in the villages that time, as this is what he could do as a Professional Lawyer? :meeting:

its all about having home industries, to provide employment to the people of India, and to generate taxes for the Indian government for the good of the civilians based in India itself, not for the war purposes of British during WW1 and WW2.......

in short, Mr Gandhi wanted India to have industries on its own, and develop technologies by own, provide employment and generate taxes, and hence, "He advocated renewal of native Indian industries." :india:

=>

look, FDI in 'manufacturing' is what we always look for, as its bring many technologies from the foreign companies, who then employ the home professionals/ provide them training etc, so it finally help other home Industries too. as these professionals then switch to other companies with wealth of experience too.... (i was one of the biggest supporter of FDI in manufacturing, no matter what India has to commit for it......)

FDI in non-service and non-agriculture sector is always good, as it all about inviting technologies to Industrial sector this way and generate a competitive environment in India this way :cheers:

(but I won't like FDI in Service Sector as its share in economy is close to 55%, and you just get no technologies by inviting multi brands in service. as we do know have many professionals coming from overseas, having qualifications in Supply Chain etc with experience from there too..... its no rocket technology that you need FDI in retails to 'hand over' your business to foreigners.)

from here, we have only one conflict, i favour the Indian industries to outperform the foreign ones, like how TATA bought luxury Jaguar, which was on death bed in UK by 2008, and then TATA turned it into a profitable company since 2009. while you favour the same by foreign investments in non-service/ non-agriculture industries, as these companies do employ the home workers and pay taxes on their income too, its also true.......

i think we both would reach a 50-50 agreement here. have FDI in Industrial sector (non-service and non-agriculture) and also keep helping our home industries to outperform them also. :cheers:

I would like to see the news like as below quite often :india:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    In order to develop India basic needs have to be addressed, Food, medical care, basic human rights. You cant develop a advanced technological society where due to the lack of proper food and medical care half of a billion 300 million people have an IQ of 82 or less.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.

1 person likes this.
  4. sangos

sangos Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    A cart before the horse does not work....old caveman saying.

1 person likes this.
  5. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

=> http://www.indiandefence.com/forums...-rank-top-education-income-15.html#post381549

further to post#17, the 9th point.....

every person of the world has his own way of thinking and I favor Open Market Policy. on personal level, i strongly believe, if an Indian professional may secure bit better salary in Western nations/ US, on the basis of his foreign qualifications/ experience then that's fair. if western firms open campus selection in India and get the best people from here as they may offer better salary to these Indian professionals then thats what they may do. and if the Indian companies may offer them better salaries, then you have your fair stand itself :tup:

similarly, foreign companies doing business here, making profits and sending back home, then Indian companies also have the same opportunity to do business in US/West and make profits from there. on personal level, i strongly favor open market world :cheers:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. CountryFirst2

CountryFirst2 Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

@AA Stop your bull with the IQ. Indians are rated as having an average IQ of 112, even above the Israelis.
    But I know you're going to come up with some made up statistics, so let's instead have an IQ competition and rest this once and for all.
    So can you do it??

@everyone Let's all take an IQ competition and show our results so that AA will not open his paid mouth again.

2 people like this.
  7. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

actually its two type of people, and as literacy rate of India is around 75%, overall this measurement put it low rank......

Youth literacy rate is expected to touch 90% by this year so we do know that AA's source of information would improve this 'overall' IQ of 1.3 billion Indians by at least 1 to 2 points every year.......

and thats also the reason why Indian Americans are on the highest side, similar to 350million Middle Class of India too, who are well qualified and having high professional jobs, businesses etc....

we have many different news in market to state the same news in a different way, i keep few in my store to post them on request. the similar news we have widely available about Indian Middle Class, if we do google... :coffee:

it states news of 2007, while by 2010 they were well over $90,000+ average income group, i remember :tup:

8. Chanakya's_Chant

Chanakya's_Chant 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

#11 Poverty and Malnourishment free India :coffee:

9. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    Indians in the USA have an average IQ of 112, in India they have an average IQ of 82.

1 person likes this.
  10. Vyom

Vyom Captain IDF NewBie

While Average Americans have an IQ of an imbecilic Goat..! about '-160' Apparently their brains are like IQ black holes... they will suck your knowledge, brains dry (brain hungry zombies actually).

1 person likes this.
  11. Chanakya's_Chant

Chanakya's_Chant 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

[MENTION=268]Averageamerican[/MENTION] [MENTION=10114]Vyom[/MENTION] [MENTION=9845]CountryFirst2[/MENTION] Calm down guys please discuss the topic only! If you do not like something then simply ignore it please! :coffee:

1 person likes this.
  12. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    I am not calling any one names, I am just pointing out for India to prosper they have to take care of a vast majority of the peoples needs. That's nutrition, healthcare and education.

Population average IQ needs to be at least 90 for a modern technology according to studies.
    That pretty well leaves Islamic counries out as they have and IQ about as close to room temptures as 90.

Does not sound too good for India either, Of muslim nations, Malaysia has the highest average IQ, 92. Malaysia's population contains 30% ethnic Chinese. Turkey has the second highest average IQ of muslim nations at 90. All other muslim nations have average IQ's of less than 90--some of them much less. There seems to be a relationship betweeen Wealth of Nations (see research) and IQ, there seems to be a relationship between higher IQ and cold weather (see research)

You can whine all you want but that wont change that basic fact, more then half the population of India would not even qualfie for the US military.

IQ can be changed , evidently, diet, lack of childhood diseases, preventive diets low exposure to lead for example, even education to some extent. Inbreeding especially over many generations cause lower IQ

About a third of the countries in the world have an average IQ over 90

3 people like this.
  13. INDIAN NATIONALIST

INDIAN NATIONALIST Major SENIOR MEMBER

It doesn't really matter what our average IQ is when considering that there exist some very basic and apparent solutions to raise it closer to its potential; whether it was 52 or112, it is not as high as it should be. Indians remain apathetic with respect to prioritizing development of the individual citizen. When considering what we could be doing to raise the competence of the typical citizen, India invests less than even poverty ridden nations for hundreds of millions of its own people.

On the question of improving cognitive performance in academic setting and otherwise, I believe there are five basic approaches India must take.

1. limit family size, for all demographics, progressively with respect to income
    - citizens should never have more children than they can afford to provide resources and attention toward development to the child's greatest potential
    - provide social security to the poor to maintain small family size; poorer families otherwise depend on having large number of children to provide for them
    - keep record of families in national database

2. develop a culture that consistently promotes rationalism, intellectualism, and critical thinking from childhood, and shuns superstition and conservatism
    - outlaw religious schools as thew primary means of education

3. universal literacy

4. universal access to sanitation
    - control fluoride content in water supply (both overdose and deficit have been shown to limit cognitive performance in children)
    - eliminate use of lead in paint and monitor led content in other products children may be exposed to

5. professional standard of health care, affordable by all classes
    - too many quack doctors; something has to be done about this

6. provide intellectually challenging education to all children thru secondary education; both inside and outside of the classroom

7. afford a nutrient rich, balanced diet to all citizens
    - protein is essential for cognitive development
    - high sugar diet increases risk of cognitive impairment

8. provide motivation to children to sincerely compete intellectually and academically;
    - this is perhaps one of the more complicated approaches to understand. Motivation influences performance, up to a degree, as well. All children should be supported concertinaing their many options for contributing meaningfully to their society, if they choose to educate themselves and become an honest intellectual. This plays into building a national spirit in which citizens of all backgrounds feel they're valued because they have something meaningful to contribute.

9. limit children's access and exposure to "trashy" media (films, television, music encouraging of anti-intellectual pursuits, or with antisocial narratives)

Today, Indian culture and administration are failing hundreds of millions of citizens on virtually all 9 counts...

While I believe all approaches are absolutely necessary to pursue to grow and maximize the potential of the average Indian citizen, the second and sixth points, reforming culture, will be the most difficult, but I believe it can be done with the right media, economic incentives, and education.

In fact, to maximize the potential of the average citizen is a noble enough goal to be worthy of enshrining in the constitution, in my opinion.

Also, these constitute inter-generational investments on a national-scale; there are no immediate returns to these approaches. However over the course of one thru several generations they will uplift our society. Precisely because there are no immediate returns, they will be so much harder to enact and maintatin, given India's democracy which values political expediency.
    However, if Indians can educate and convince themselves of the worth-while-ness of these measures, we can collectively decide to do the right thing.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    3 people like this.
  14. Vyom

Vyom Captain IDF NewBie

:tup: done.. I was just pissed at @AA, however I liked his subsequent post.

1 person likes this.
  15. Vyom

Vyom Captain IDF NewBie

This is a more intelligible post... nicely put :tup: . Avoid one liner reply, as its gives the impression that the conclusions that you are drawing are mostly on prejudices and less logic.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.