Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Terror Attack Alert: Bomb blast in London underground train

Discussion in 'Europe & Russia' started by lca-fan, Sep 15, 2017.

1. _Anonymous_

_Anonymous_ FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    The Islamic supremacists in India may not have our vote but the ones in Londonistan certainly do .
    They're extracting just desserts from you .They call it jihad .Out here it's called karma .

GSLV Mk III likes this.
  2. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Well out here it's called 'terrorism' wherever it happens (except for the few dozen journalists at the BBC out of a population of 65 million that is).

3. _Anonymous_

_Anonymous_ FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I like the disclaimer you put out .But the few dozen ones in the BBC have much more vocal power ( and consequently they're heard by many more ) than those 65 million countrymen of yours .
    Till such time as there's no synchronicity in the views of your countrymen and the few dozens in the BBC , it's a rebellion by Islamic militants in Londonistan .

Scotlander and An Indian like this.
  4. Gessler

Gessler Mod MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Any further posts not related to the topic (Terror attack in London) will be deleted.

5. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Yes, it sucks doesn't it. That a few people have more vocal power than the majority. Now you know how people feel on issues like Brexit and Trump. We're basically locked in a kind of Cold Civil War at the moment.

Unfortunately we can't vote out the BBC, so you can't put that one on us I'm afraid. And the idea they even represent the government is also wrong.

You simply don't understand the concept of a free press.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  6. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Even for them, it is terrorist attacks when it happens in the UK (and rebel attack when it happens in India).

Those few are a part of your public funded media outlet. Shall I say anything more?

At least in India, free press doesn't go around downplaying the seriousness of terror attacks or justify terrorism.

snehil aditya and _Anonymous_ like this.
  7. Gessler

Gessler Mod MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    They do, bro. Most mainstream press simply refuses to take up serious issues pertaining to national security (like the Rohingya/Bangladeshi issues) because they want to be sickular. Save for the likes of Republic, no one else is making an issue out of this serious crisis.

As of justifying terrorism, well we have dozens of so-called journalists trying to defend someone like Afzal Guru and trying to portray him as a martyr. Backed by the Leftist brigade.

Bottomline is, India has a serious problem with the left's love affair with terrorists/separatists/anti-nationals. And many left-leaning presstitutes are a part of this.

8. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Public funding is not a choice, it comes with owning a TV.

I have about as much ability to stop the BBC talking crap as I do to stop the terror attacks themselves.

9. _Anonymous_

_Anonymous_ FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    In that case , in the interests of a free society & free speech , I trust you won't have any objections to most of the Indian members here referring to the incident as a bombing by Islamic rebels in Londonistan .

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    GSLV Mk III and Bloom 17 like this.
  10. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I don't follow your logic. I do refer to all terror attacks in India as terror attacks and I would expect Indian members to follow that example in return. But then the forum has become very polluted within the last year or so. Probably lots of Pakistanis and Chinese flying an Indian flag I suspect.

Dagger likes this.
  11. _Anonymous_

_Anonymous_ FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Back in the early 1990's when the Kashmir insurgency was at its most potent , the US , UK and their allies created innumerable obstacles in our fight against the jihadis citing human rights violations to resurrecting the UNSC resolutions pertaining to the so called self determination or plebiscite to be exercised by the Kashmiris as part of the solution .To state that the West blatantly sided with Pakistan is an understatement to say the least . The NHRC and the Hurriyat owes it's origins in large part to these crude pressure tactics by the West in an unipolar world .

Robin Cook going on record to saying that the UK being the ex colonial masters had more than a moral obligation to play mediator and seek a permanent solution to the Kashmir crisis only made public one of worst kept secrets of the UK foreign office .

What's more , when the Taliban were overrunning Afghanistan during the same period , the US and obviously the UK along with your other allies backed the Pakistani strategy to the hilt citing a unity of aim with Islamabad .

9/11 and the bus bombings in London in 2005/05 changed all that from the government's perspective .

It took a decade of such incidents in Britain and the rest of Europe for the ordinary citizen to comprehend that what happens in S.Asia need not stay in S Asia but can and will have global ramifications .

Yet the BBC have obstinately clung to their point of view of Rebellion in Indian held Kashmir till date .

I assume a few more acts of Rebellion by Islamic rebels in Londonistan and other areas comprising the formerly " Great " Britain will induce them to align their narrative in sync with the people and the Government of your nation or what left of it by 2025 , going by the previous timelines as given above of when 2 of the 3 most important actors in your polity changed their world view.

Till then all such incidents will continue to be labelled acts of Rebellion by Islamic rebels , by most Indian members out here .

Deal with it !!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    ni8mare, Gessler and GSLV Mk III like this.
  12. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    They even called Pathankot attackers as 'rebels' even when they had nothing to do with Kashmir. Same with 2008 Mumbai terrorists.

ni8mare and _Anonymous_ like this.
  13. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    You say that as if you're a majority but you aren't. The Afghanistan situation in the early '90s is a legacy of Cold War doctrine, which was to stop the spread of Soviet influence and Communist, anyway and anyhow.

India played its hand stupidly during the Cold War by taking over the territory of a NATO ally - Goa - whereas Pakistan proved itself a greater utility at the time. Because of the way India behaved, it was always seen as a partial Soviet ally, except when fighting China. And it's that dynamic that's led to the current situation. Both sides are partially to blame.

London is also not remotely similar to Kashmir. Muslims came to the UK to seek refuge and then started attacking, whereas Muslims were always in Kashmir. But that doesn't change the fact that terrorism is terrorism.

It's probably difficult for young people and non-Europeans to grasp the severity of the Cold War, which is why you don't understand or approve of the tactics used. Failure to win the Cold War would have led to a very different world and most people wouldn't like it, yet they see fit to spout off about the tactics required to win it.

14. An Indian

An Indian 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    :) Let me disabuse of this one. I won't go into the details of what triggered it but resurgent India is BECAUSE of some of these things we did in the 60s and 70s. Yes it was pure-dee-serendipity but then I guess that's how the cookie crumbles. Just watch this space for what's going to come outa here in the next 10 years or so (why 10 years? Well this is 1.2B people on the move - the momentum is slow now but accelerating slowly...).

GSLV Mk III likes this.
  15. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I've been hearing this for 5 years now and in another 5 years I'll likely be hearing the same.

You'd be a lot stronger now if you hadn't half-sided with the Soviets during the Cold War.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017