Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Terror Attack Alert: Bomb blast in London underground train

Discussion in 'Europe & Russia' started by lca-fan, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Gessler

Gessler Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India
    Sarcasm, that was. I believe. Thing is he sees the BBC as portraying terrorist attacks in India in a different light compared to terrorist attacks in the UK. And I can't say he's wrong - I think you would agree that BBC must choose its wording when describing terror incidents in India differently. There's too much of a pattern.

The derailing of the discussion happens when the incidents of today are related to/seen through the lens of what Britain did in the subcontinent a hundred years ago. That's where the problem starts. That's when we're not even staying on the topic anymore (which is terror).

My mistake was not having caught on with this thread (and other thread were derailment happens) soon enough.

I've had too much of this nonsense - every thread about anything related to UK turning into a discussion of colonial-era affairs.

@GSLV Mk III - This is where it stops, bro. There is a dedicated thread for Western Media Bias, if you feel any media agency has wrongly portrayed events in India, that's where the discussion should go. If you want to draw attention to a certain incident/article, then quote that post and reply to it in that thread. Or just make a new post in that thread and link the original article from the web.

I'll not have every thread turn into a colonial-era discussion...or anything off-topic for that matter.

GSLV Mk III likes this.
  2. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I have agreed with him several times on the BBC and pointed out that it does not represent the whole of the UK, but that doesn't stop him trolling every terror attack on UK soil thread and condoning it. Both those things should be banning offences regardless of the target country.

Gessler likes this.
  3. Gessler

Gessler Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India
    That kind of activity will not be tolerated any more and will lead to warning points and/or thread-banning.

I'd suggest you report any such derailing post by anyone - that'll ensure I (or other mods) can take care of it ASAP.