Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Tesco and Walmart could move into India to solve country's food problems

Discussion in 'World Economy' started by CONNAN, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    In my opinion we need to allow these retail majors entry into India. I do believe that the farmers will be benefitted by this and so will be consumers. The only way to reduce costs is to remove the links in supply chain and have better and more organised bulk purchase system with lonterm contracts which can keep the fluctuations in price to the minimum. It will be good for the people at large also. Today VAT has been introduced all across India but the small shopkeepers are the worst tax offenders. It is because of them that the GOI kitty needs to swelled by Income tax alone. The direct tax collection is a major part of GOI revenue. Have you ever noticed that you are always sold goods at MRP by local trader while he does not ever give you a reciept. The price of goods is at times 2-3 times the mandi price due to the speculators and middlemen. I foresee that we will now have contract farming with issurance of crops by these retailers which will result in farmers getting good price for their crop. BJP is a party of Baniyas and for them it is a question of survival. Also a well to do farmer will also be an educated farmer. A situation which our political parties have worked overtime to ensure that the people remain uneducated and poor so that they can divide them in whatever manner they want and use poverty to earn massive money for themselves.
    We have a large amount of adultration of food stuff and the offenders are never punished. The law provides for very small fine and leniency and it is impossible to prove as the buyers normally do not want to pay taxes. When a person sells adultrated stuff he is well aware of its consequences and such people should be booked for manslaughter. But they get away as cheaply as drunk driving.
    These majors will ensure quality and great product for the value which we pay and also will not be able to escape liability clause. Every festive season we see it on our tv the amount of adultrated stuff which is ceased. I do not want to pay for my death. Let those oppose these majors who love to pay for their deaths.
    Why is it that even Reliance was also opposed. They are Indians. Sabka dhanda bund hota hai. whether it is a food inspector or the local MLA and MP. But the consumer emerges the king.
    I pay more than 50 lakhs as income tax every year. I get no special status and I get no subsidy or rationed food. Is this what I deserve as being one among only 36k Indians who pay such huge tax? My children get no priority in admission or in schools. Can't they whose father is responsible for providing food and education to a very large Indians, be given a benefit of some sorts? Every day trucks in delhi mow down few peoplw at night as their drivers are drunk and no media ever covers it for more than two news bulletins. But pls try and remember the case of Salman Khan, being rich in India is a curse. And as per nehruvian idea, we Indians do not need cars, we are better off on bicycles.
    Once an english gentleman came to India as a friend of one of our politician in 70s and at 1700 hrs he found a very large no of people cuming out on cycles from north & south block. he asked his politician friend who they were. The politician replied they are the common men the Kings of India. After one hour he saw a large amount of ambassador cars with red and blue lights emerge from the same offices. So again he asked, who are these? The politician replied that they were the servants of the common men. This guy was foxed and said, India is the only country in the world where the rulers ride bicycles and the servants go around in chauffer driven cars. Probably the richest nation of the world as this is what even the servants in England during the most glorious chapter of their history could not efford.
    We need to change it all.

3 people like this.
  2. Nick 779

Nick 779 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

How did you manage to type such a long post? I also share your concern.

1 person likes this.
  3. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Be an Indian by the depth of your heart and you will see you will be able to pour your heart like water whenever needed.

4. reddy579

reddy579 FULL MEMBER

Bloody white arrogance to put a title like this. Bb's. Finally our country will be in the hands of arabs. The reason is here in uk sainsbury's 49% shares are under uae's royal family's control. Another set of east india companies coming in new form. Indians get ready to fucked to the fullest by whites and arabs. What a shame

5. reddy579

reddy579 FULL MEMBER

India is a net exporter of food despite having 1.2 billion people. Even though uk has just 60 million people it imports food from all over the world. If uk pound value is not strong all brits would starved to death

6. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Dear Bro, Today east India company is owned by an Indian. Can you say for sure that in future Walmart will not be owned by an Indian? Robert Blackwill stated it while leaving India as the ambassador of USA that an ordinary paanwalla sitting under a a tree can buy a company from an Irish and sell it to a jew for profit as Indians are born enterpreneurs.

We Indians have opinions and word of advice for everyone in the world.

7. SuperDoper

SuperDoper REGISTERED

Did it mention that the "stuff" sold in Indian Wal-Mart will be made in China? :rofl:

8. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Please tell me how can you sell a stuff not liked by the consumer? Chinese or Indian, we dont spend money and waste it on some stupid stuff. Do you buy whatever is sold to you as a consumer who has his pockets full of money and has the ability to chose? Indian middle class has more money than anyone else in the world. Indians are the most sought after tourists anywhere in the world as we spend double the amount of anyother tourist from anywhere in the world while on a tourist visa. Please bro, wake up to your rights.

1 person likes this.
  9. SajeevJino

SajeevJino Major SENIOR MEMBER

Need new ideas for our thieves...for theft some items in that type of Markes

10. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

I completely agree with you VSTOL. Price rises are rarely a result of farmers selling their stocks at higher rates. In fact, they're always getting the same low rates for their harvest, especially if they are small farmers. The middlemen are the ones who take advantage of the situation to push up prices. Companies like walmart will never allow such pricing inconsistencies in their system so will establish their own supply chain more directly with the farmers. This means that farmers can expect better rates and we will not see the kinds of fcluctuations we are seeing right now.

2 people like this.
  11. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    I think its time America started applying the sames rules on Indians that do business in the USA that India does to Americans that do business in India. If 51 or 49 percent of business in India has to be owned by Indans then 59 or 51 percent of business owned by Indians should be owned by Americans.

12. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

OF course they will- that's the point of walmart-cheapest prices anywhere in the world. And by cutting out hordes of middlemen, will finally solve our infaltion problem.

13. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    For the most part poor people shop at Walmart in the USA along with my self, because there prices are lower an they are easy to deal with on returnes and other issues. they guarantee the lowest prices. They force competion to lower prices and they will put a lot of other stores out of business that cant compete.

1 person likes this.
  14. Shikari

Shikari 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Lol no one is stopping you. All that you'll achieve is that fewer Indian businesses will start up in the USA.

15. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    Thats fine with me, all I want is a level playing field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.