Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

The IDF should do something about moderation

Discussion in 'IDF Management' started by DrSomnath999, Jun 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrSomnath999

DrSomnath999 Major RESEARCHER

Country Flag:
    France
    The forum seriously need some active moderators who can spend some time for foruming

Right now the forum badly need moderators who can control the level of bad mouthing going on in various
    threads

if we have to maintain certain standards of foruming then strict moderation is required

THE ADMINS/MANAGEMENT of IDF should do something about it on urgent basis
    @tariqkhan18

REGARDS

Farook Ahmed and SpArK like this.
  2. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    promote some members who are active in foruming in regular basis

my opinion
    @randomradio could be good candidate for moderator job

as he has been active in foruming for quite sometime

other moderators who have been promoted on IDF cant keep up on active basis on foruming for personal reasons

CHEERS

SpArK likes this.
  3. Gessler

Gessler Mod MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Sorry for not being active on the forum lately.

I also support the idea of appointing randomradio as a moderator. Is that ok with you? @randomradio

@tariqkhan18 @SpArK

SpArK likes this.
  4. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Yeah, I'm good with the position.

5. abhitej

abhitej Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    rafale fanboys ganging up to have a moderator among themselves to silence critics of rafale

6. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    @randomradio is not a Rafale fanboy, for exemple he promote Russin electronic suite, Russian GaN technology etc...

randomradio likes this.
  7. abhitej

Country Flag:
    India
    No need for any moderator. Best way to handle a bully is ignore him.

8. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

I've never been a Rafale fanboy. Picdel remembers very well the number of times I have debated against Rafale and in favour of Typhoon, MKI and F-35. Picard, and another French member who is not active today, actually believes I am anti-Rafale, go convince him otherwise, while BMD believes I'm anti-Typhoon. I was once called a Typhoon fanboy.

Reading a few of my posts from the recent days is not an indication of my stand on various issues.

And moderation is only meant to keep threads on topic and prevent distasteful posts, and not meant to silence opposition.

9. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    Gessy darling
    You don't need to apologise to anyone here in this forum.

We all have our own personal life buddy which comes 1st & foruming comes next

But someone has to take the responsibility of moderation for the sake of quality of forum & for that someone has to give time for foruming .

That's why I think someone who has been active quite a sometime should be given a post for moderator & with some sensible quality of post & no bad mouthing at all

Right now randomradio looks worthy contender for that job

CHEERS

10. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    Lollz

Insecure mentality people like you take anything from anyone in a suspicious way everytime without understanding the purpose of that post

I have no issues if an illiterate bank peon calls any forumer a salesman . I have no issues if someone calls a rafale plane as RAFAIL

But if someone resort to vendetta forumING by
    unnecessary bad mouthing against particular nationality & member I have the right to oppose it

No forum gives right to anyone to do that stuff if they can't then they are free to go somewhere else

Forum`s quality should not be hampered for some

REGARDS

11. abhitej

Country Flag:
    India
    No body is insecure here. Demeaning me in this your post itself is a ground for taking action against you by moderator. But I wont ask for any action because I know you are insecure not me. All the bad mouthing started after people from other nationalities started ridiculing Indians & specifically Tejas program. Its natural for Indians to react against them. My message to these people. Go and sell your stuff elsewhere. We are not in a hurry to go to war & can wait to develop and manufacture our own products.

12. DrSomnath999

Country Flag:
    France
    ^^^
    Wrong !
    nobody ridicules indians & LCA programs here ,until & unless some jingos with zero knowledge about aviation & air combat purposely

defame any other nation's proven combat plane by comparing it with a testing stage plane

It is just a smear campaign by trolls to malign a combat proven plane in the cover of nationalistic forumers

& kindly plz Keep your cheap & useless message with your selves

Iaf is already down to 34/35 squadrons & every now & then an Iaf plane is crashing & meanwhile this guy here is preaching sermons
    that we can afford to wait & manufacture our own product :lol:

Till that time IAF would be down to 10/15 squadrons meanwhile our enemies are happily upgrading with latest jets every year & then
    we shall be only waiting

BTW about that cheap shot against you from my side in my previous post, i could have posted that same thing the very same day in that same thread in retaliation to cheap shot against me but I didn't becoz I believe it is pointless to reply trolls so i avoided

CHEERS

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  13. SpArK

SpArK SorCeroR Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Democracy wins.

Random radio is elevated to Moderator status.

Welcome mate.

Gessler likes this.
  14. abhitej

Country Flag:
    India
    We can wait & watch. Reality is we have only 25 squadrons as of now. Rest are ghost squadrons. But then situation is because of mismanagement by IAF. If we can have 10 ghost squadrons we can very well have 20. India is not going to splash money on imports because of IAF mismanagement. They took wrong decisions let them suffer. India has limited resources. It will be better off invested in indigenous projects like nuclear submarines. Later when LCA is ready we will start buying planes.

15. Immanuel

Immanuel 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

:facepalm: @ randomradio a moderator :alcoholic:, the guy can't even moderate his own verbal diarrhea how will he moderate ours. Proves the falling standards of this forum, not that it ever really had any.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.