Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

The real reason we gained Independence??

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by arun.id, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arun.id

arun.id Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Gandhi is represented as the father of our nation. This is coz of the belief that it was his movement that gained us Independence. but is this true??

The more I read about it the more I'm convinced it's not. Rather, I think India gained Independance only coz the British Armed Forces was devastated after WWII, and it couldn't hold its colonies without a strong army. If you remember, the British army was so devastated, that they had to ask Indians to help them in the war. I don't know why we helped them, but we did. And after WWII, they literally didn't have an army. And how was british supposed to still hold India, Myanmar, Australia, Canada and other colonies without a strong army?? So they had to give independence to the colonies.

If you notice, all the colonies gained Independence at the same time. Australia even share the same Independence date with us. I think we would've gained Independance with or without Gandhi. I think we would've gained Independence had Congress not killed off Subash Chandra Bose coz of their selfishness for power.

This also raises another question. Had there been no WWII, and the British armed Forces remained strong, will we have ever gained our Independence, even with a 1000 Gandhis?? I don't think so. I think the only reason Gandhi was even given any attention by the british and also helped him to come back to India was coz he'll put an end to the armed rebellion against the British led by the likes of Subash Chandra Bose and such. And to defame the likes of Bhagat Singh.

If you remember, Gandhi was given so much PR even by the british press and Indian press through force. I think Gandhi was an idea that the British watered and nourished to put an end to the forces that were actually posing a threat to their control of India.

Also, if they genuinely gave us freedom coz somehow their cold heart that killed of all the 90+ million innocents through forced famine and through incidents like Jalianwala Bhag, the cruelty at Andaman and Nicobar islands, melted after seeing satyagraha and gandhi, then why did they come for war in 1971??

There's even more reasons. But seriously, isn't this enough to come to a reasonable conclusion that we didn't gain our Independenace through gandhi?? And that he is a lie that just gave the british a proper good-looking exit when they were crumbled?? Like America is now making deals with Taliban today in Afganistan to get their proper exit??

5 people like this.
  2. omya

omya Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    if u want to thank any1........ den thank hitler
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. arun.id

[MENTION=9438]omya[/MENTION] So you agree?? Yes, indirectly, he's the reason India and other nations gained Independence. But he's still a baddie. he killed off all those jews. He's a criminal. He was just going to replace British. The way I see it, two criminals saw each other, the British and Hitler, and the two killed eachother. And the world won for that.

Let's use the same tactic with US and China too. Let us make them fight each other, and two villains of the world are taken our in one go. And the world is going to be free with that. The only question is if they'll ever do that.

1 person likes this.
  4. omya

Country Flag:
    India
    US only starts war with the weak country...... de even liberated france after the german army lost in russia....americans n british only fought with the 15% german army which was in france during ww2..... n if in future US n china war starts den india will bcum france of ww2......

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  5. arun.id

What's the reality of todays US-France relationship?? Are they friendly behind the scenes??
    And you didn't say on topic. You believe the same??

6. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Captain SENIOR MEMBER

U have to take into consideration the following :

The Atlantic charter
    The Royal Indian Navy revolt.
    Protest against azad hind fauz trials

7. omya

Country Flag:
    India
    yes

8. Foxtrot

France helped USA to gain independance.......in turn USA liberated France from the Nazis..........how could not they be friends....

9. arun.id

Well, we liberated Bengladesh, and see how they're towards us. Also read the post by [MENTION=9438]omya[/MENTION] again:

They invaded France see.

10. omya

Country Flag:
    India
    im ssrry i meant liberated

11. Foxtrot

We share common borders and rivers with Bangladesh.........bound to be some friction.

12. arun.id

But the new America is not the old America. They have no goodwill. It is run by selfish corporations.

13. arun.id

We share with them the rivers. And we even gave them some extra land. Still problems. Ungrateful scum.

14. omya

Country Flag:
    India
    as long as de r destroying pakistan, funding israel, pinning down islamic nations politically.... im happpy

15. arun.id

Don't you know that Al-qaida is American funded yet?? Fighting Islamic terrorism is just a pretense. The real source of Islamic terrorism is Saudi Arabia and Qatar. Did you know that these two nations are allies of the US?? And that US also supresses any movement for freedom and democracy in these nations??

What America does is they push these militants from these two countries to other states, then funds them and nourishes them there, then attacks those countries in the name of fighting terrorism. Check the story on Syria. And how America is air-lifting militants to them.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.