Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

The sound of laughter is making Modi wary

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Guynextdoor, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Something I can vouch for. No one 'just' accepts everything Modi says as his 'vision' nowadays. Like when he decided to build a 3000 crore Sardar Statue and people said I don't understand the expenditure because I don't understand 'vision'. Or when Yogi Adityanath brings down Ram and Sita in helicopter immediately after dozens of children died because of lack of payment of hospital oxygen bills.

Nowadays a lame idea (and there are many lame ideas coming from govt) is called just that 'another lame one'. And I believe most Indians are like me. We don't just criticize for the sake of criticism. I may be a rabid opponent of modi but I have never criticized Demonetization or GST. I have only criticized bringing in more shocks without thinking, not having a full time finance minister and taking political decisions when the guideline should be purely economic.

We have begun to call a spade a spade and are laughing at stupid ideas because they are stupid. That's why this is so telling- this is real erosion of Modi's image, not just a PR problem.

http://www.rediff.com/news/column/the-sound-of-laughter-is-making-modi-wary/20171031.htm

2. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

Modi-haters and Modi-bhakts are cut from the same cloth. Both don't know what's happening.

3. Guynextdoor

new 'angle'. You can't ignore the truth so try a different angle.

4. randomradio

Lot of people in power have become uncomfortable because of the radical moves. Demonetization has smoked out tons of companies, and all their powerful voices are creating a backlash. Everything you see in the media is simply a blowback from demonetization, nothing else.

Right now, GST has slowed down the economy a bit, it has teething problems, that will settle down in a few months. Once GST settles down, and people who deserve to have egg on their faces are exposed, things will quiet down on the political front.

5. Guynextdoor

which 'tons of companies' did demonetization smoke (I'm not talking about the pot you're smoking'

6. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    True, but I don't fully blame the bhakts for that; they are the direct result of ~ 6 decades of Congress rule and the current Modi haters' club.

7. randomradio

You just proved what I said:
    Modi-haters and Modi-bhakts are cut from the same cloth. Both don't know what's happening.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...rectors-may-face-axe/articleshow/60951634.cms
    The ministry has struck off names of 2,17,239 companies from the records as on September 22 as these have not been carrying out business activities for a long period and have also defaulted on compulsory filings while more such firms are likely to face action.

"As on September 22, a total of 3,19,637 directors have been identified and flagged as disqualified under Section 164 (2) (a) of the Companies Act, 2013... It is estimated that the final list may touch the figure of about 4.5 lakh (directors)," Chaudhary said.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...htening-around-shell-companies/1/1042300.html

8. randomradio

Definitely. Modi-bhakts are ignorant, but Modi-haters are simply in denial.

They may not even subscribe to the possibility that the UPA deliberately screwed up the economy after anticipating their LS reelection loss for the sole purpose of giving the new govt a difficult job so they can come back in power again riding on rhetoric, like what Rahul Gandhi is doing right now.

9. Guynextdoor

Bhakt, all these could have been accomplished without demonetization. 99% of currency came back.

10. InfoWarrior

InfoWarrior Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Why Modi is afraid of mimicry ?

Guynextdoor likes this.
  11. InfoWarrior

Country Flag:
    India
  12. Guynextdoor

naaaa....bhakts are a result of genetic disorder.

13. randomradio

:lol: The govt followed the paper trail of demonetization. These companies got caught because they made massive debits and credits in their accounts during the demo period and they had not filed taxes for years.

Dude, you have no clue. All these companies got caught because of demonetization.

14. InfoWarrior

Country Flag:
    India
    Both left and right wingers are result of genetic diversity. Right wingers see glass as half-empty and left-wingers see glass as half-filled. Right winger are more sensitive to danger and threats, and they actually do something about it. While left wingers are less perceptive of threats. Both will never be able to convince each other. Those who are smart will realize that truth is somewhere in the middle. Too much left-wing will make us slaves eventually and more aggressive people will take over, Buddhists in Myanmar realized that. Too much right wing will reduce the number of our friends and opportunities in life. Best way is to be Right wing in a subtle way, you are perceived s left wing but in reality you secretly act as right winger.

To understand better read Chanakya Niti, And also read "The Prince by Machiavelli"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prince

It will help right wingers hide behind a left wing cloak and vice versa.

@Lion of Rajputana @Guynextdoor @randomradio

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  15. InfoWarrior

Country Flag:
    India
    “Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

“All courses of action are risky, so prudence is not in avoiding danger (it's impossible), but calculating risk and acting decisively. Make mistakes of ambition and not mistakes of sloth. Develop the strength to do bold things, not the strength to suffer.”

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by the sense of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion.

“it is much safer to be feared than loved because ...love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails.”
    Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince