Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

The Way Pakistan Treated Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chauhan Will Make Your Blood Boil

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by lca-fan, Feb 1, 2017.

1. lca-fan

lca-fan Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    The Way Pakistan Treated Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chauhan Will Make Your Blood Boil

[​IMG]

Pakistan has given an inhumane treatment to Indian soldier Chandu Babulal Chauhan who had inadvertently crossed the Line of Control on September 29, 2016 in Jammu and Kashmir.

Talking about the brutality of Pakistani Army to Indian media, Chauhan said Pakistani Army used to beat him regularly and tortured him through various means.He said that he was given drug injections on a daily basis.Pakistani soldiers regularly asked him about his motive in crossing the LoC.Moreover, Pakistani soldiers also tried to get information on Indian Army camps near LoC.

Due to extreme torture, Chauhan has difficulty remembering several things and the fingers of his right hand have various injury marks.

Minister of State for Defence Dr Subhash Bhamre said nothing more could be expected from the Pakistani side. However, he did not answer whether India would take against Pakistan for this.

In what Pakistan called a goodwill gesture, it released Chauhan recently. He was handed over to Indian authorities at the Wagah-Attari joint check post.

Chavan, 22, of 37 Rashtriya Rifles, was taken into custody by Pakistan Army after he “inadvertently” crossed the LoC from Krishna Ghati sector in Jammu and Kashmir on September 29 last year.Pakistan Army spokesperson Maj. Gen. Asif Ghafoor said in a statement that Chavan “deserted his post at the LoC due to his grievances of maltreatment against his commanders”.”He wilfully crossed LoC on September 29, 2016 and surrendered himself to Pakistan Army,” he said.

http://idrw.org/the-way-pakistan-tr...du-babulal-chauhan-will-make-your-blood-boil/

Levina likes this.
  2. Ripcord322

Ripcord322 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Not unusual.....
    They will have surely tried to extract everything from him....Given the circumstances and the surrounding events......

I feel sorry for him.....

lca-fan likes this.
  3. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Do we expect anything less from these animals?

Guynextdoor, Levina, Gessler and 2 others like this.
  4. sangos

sangos Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Lucky he did not return in a body bag.

AbRaj, Levina and Abingdonboy like this.
  5. nair

nair Die hard Romeo Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    This guy crossed over at a time when the hostilities were at peak........What was he thinking when he crossed over???? I dont think there is much to discuss.....He got what he deserved.......

6. Grevion

Grevion Think Tank TROLL ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    @Hellfire i remember you saying somewhere that chavan was grabbed by the Pakistani BAT team near LOC and it was made to look like he crossed the LOC "willfully" ??

7. Robinhood Pandey

Robinhood Pandey SECOND IN COMMAND Staff Member SECTION CHIEF

Country Flag:
    India
    I have seen this chandu guy somewhere . . . dont remember where exactly :confused::confused::confused:

8. Inactive

Inactive Guest

Yup. It was a 'snatch' as the patrols were out. As far as I was able to get the information, he was at the tail end of the patrol party. Anyways, if I were to grab a Pakistani soldier, I could also pump him up with drugs to make him sing.

Never get caught - that is a mantra that a soldier would do well to remember. Especially in a cross LC raid!

Grevion likes this.
  9. Grevion

Grevion Think Tank TROLL ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I wonder what crucial info he would have given to them that they already aren't aware of. IA positions all across the LC, our layers of security to curb the infiltration and the arms and ammunition we use they already know all of that. Perhaps they wanted to know more about the surgical strikes and those who were involved.

10. AbRaj

AbRaj Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    But IA said he crossed not snatched?
    Are they within Pak territory?
    Why IA lied?

11. Inactive

Inactive Guest

Nothing. Just PR. Saving their face

12. Inactive

Inactive Guest

And how does it play out - 'sir, one of our guys got snatched in a snatch raid?'

13. AbRaj

AbRaj Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    They can claim that PA crossed LOC and took the lone soldier as hostage

14. Dagger

Dagger 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I find the snatching version very scary. With all my visions of a fighting indian army soldier shooting with mortal wounds. To think you can grab a soldier, with the soldier having no open wounds to see, perfectly fine.
    All the vision I get from that is a farmer grabbing a chicken.
    My respect and awe for our army goes down a few notches from this version, rather than looking at the Pak army as some kind of villains. Allowing that to happen during a boiling hot LOC time. Unacceptable. Can only hope that these men are rare within the army.
    To let such a man take the most vital position of rear guard, that question also leads to a whole new can of worms.

I am happier if the guy had a fight and lost his way.

15. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

welcome home brother