Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Those who display ISIS, Pak flags will be treated as anti-nationals: Army chief Bipin Rawat

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by Marqueur, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Those who display ISIS, Pak flags will be treated as anti-nationals: Army chief Bipin Rawat
    TNN | Updated: Feb 15, 2017, 06.18 PM IST
    HIGHLIGHTS
    1. Army Chief Bipin Rawat on Wednesday said that obstructors of Army’s operations during encounters will be treated as anti-national elements.
    2. He also said that those extending support to the terror organisation won't be spared.
    3. On Tuesday, four soldiers including Major Satish Dahiya were martyred in two gunfights in Bandipora and Handwara areas.

[​IMG]Army Chief Bipin Rawat (Photo: ANI)
    NEW DELHI: Army Chief Bipin Rawat on Wednesday issued a strong warning to those who back terrorists during counter-insurgency operations.

"Those who obstruct our operations during encounters and aren't supportive will be treated as overground workers of terrorists," the Army chief said while paying tributes to the martyred soldiers in Delhi.

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]
    Those who obstruct our ops during encounters &are not supportive will be treated as overground workers of terrorists: Army Chief Bipin Rawat

He also said that those extending support to the terror organisation won't be spared.

"If locals who want to continue with terror by displaying flags of ISIS and Pakistan then we'll treat them as anti-nationals."

✔ @ANI_news
    Those who obstruct our ops during encounters &are not supportive will be treated as overground workers of terrorists: Army Chief Bipin Rawat pic.twitter.com/amYjyrXyhQ

✔@ANI_news

If locals who want to continue with terror by displaying flags of ISIS&Pak then we'll treat them as anti nationals&will not spare them: COAS pic.twitter.com/2Bk0LNV08I

5:26 PM - 15 Feb 2017
    [​IMG]

This comes in wake of the growing trend of locals disrupting counter-insurgency operations and providing cover to terrorists during encounters in the Kashmir valley.
    On Tuesday, a Pakistani terrorist of Lashkar-e-Taiba managed to escape in a similar circumstance even though another one was killed during a gunfight at Hajjin area of Bandipora district in north Kashmir causing heavy causalities to the army.
    Also, four soldiers including Major Satish Dahiya were martyred in two gunfights in Bandipora and Handwara areas.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/those-who-display-isis-pak-flags-will-be-treated-as-anti-nationals-army-chief-bipin-rawat/articleshow/57168531.cms?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=TOIIndiaNews

nair, Inactive, sherin616 and 3 others like this.
  2. sherin616

sherin616 FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Just shoot them using sniper
    That's what my brother say when he see Kashmrris waving pakistani or Isis flag on news

3. Inactive

Inactive Guest

A radical shift in Indian approach to the issue again.

Finally the Chief has decided to take on the policy of dealing with the stone pelters with kid gloves. Kudos to the Chief! He has told in no uncertain terms that the life of every soldier under his command matters to him and to the nation. And he, lie @MilSpec mentioned in another thread, has underscored the fact that the army will remember and exact it's revenge and then some more.

The terms used were - when grass grows too long, one needs to cut them!

The Chief has questioned the need for army to stand by as the bunker that protects his soldier is burnt down by anti-national elements, thereby making it clear that either the people are with the army or they are against it.

My thanks and full support to the Chief on this.

Lion of Rajputana, Dagger and MilSpec like this.
  4. PeegooFeng41

PeegooFeng41 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I wonder if a drone based pepper spray work better in crowd controlling these folks. 10-15 quad coptor drones spraying good amount of irritant over them.

Lion of Rajputana likes this.
  5. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    As long as this new approach doesn't create too many international problems for India, and doesn't lead to a massive spiraling of violence (Intifada style), it sounds good. I am curious what consequences this will have.

6. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Rubber bullets, water canons, tear gas are already pretty mainstream. But I was once reading about an American crowd control system that used some sort of special frequency sound waves. I wonder if India has looked into that, especially for Kashmir.