Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

To All Those Disappointed By ISRO's latest Mission,See this

Discussion in 'General Multimedia' started by Arjun MBT, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oracle

Oracle FULL MEMBER

Makes me proud.

The damn thing is, we count their failures the most, not their successes.

2. Arjun MBT

Arjun MBT Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Well said, Thats what Exactly happens :india:

3. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues FULL MEMBER

I consider this as a set back. The reason being huge funds are diverted to research and technology development activities which otherwise would have been used for feeding the hungry. Human development is paramount to any development a country should undertake. Also, I am not sure how the international community (doing business with ISRO) will view this incident. ISRO may lose some business.

But, that doesn't mean that we should give up on the good things that we started. This cryogenic engine technology was denied to us in past. So we have no other option but to continue cranking hard to get this engine running. But the Scientists/Engineers should plan better, work smarter and work harder and they should always be aware that the funds they are consuming are from the poor. They should remain on toes and deliver. The poor and the hungry also need some thing to cheer about and to be proud about.

Btw, the video posted by Arjun is wonderful. This reminded me that we came a long way. But we shouldn't be complacent on our success. As we still have a long way to go.

4. gowthamraj

gowthamraj Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

poverty and hunger are not due to R@D but corruption among politicians

5. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues FULL MEMBER

Hey Gowtham,

Yes. Poverty is not attributed to R&D. And I agree, corruption is one factor among many. Here are few factors (I am sure you are also aware of this) that I think are the reasons.

1. High population growth
    2. Illiteracy
    3. Regional inequalities
    4. In-adequate training
    5. Lack of employment opportunity
    6. Corruption/lack of vision among the political class
    7. High level of dependence on primitive method/technology especially in agriculture

Our country is not that wealthy despite the impressive economic growth that we witnessed in past decade. The funds that are available for our development activities are meager when compared to other western countries. All I am saying is that we need to utilize these funds wisely. A large chunk of these funds are being diverted to our efforts on moon mission, nuclear submarines and on long range missiles which, I am afraid, wont immediately solve our core 'issues' including the ones listed above.

In my humble opinion we need to address our core socio-economic problems effectively and improve the living standard of our citizens before attempting to land man on moon. Our research and engineering activities should be primarily focused on adopting and developing modern agricultural practices, improving our infrastructure, improving the quality of health care , improving internal security, etc. Any ways, our leaders decided to pursue the space program before solving our fundamental issues for reasons unknown to me. I respect that decision (as there might be some valid reasons that will benefit us in long run) but I also want them to strike a balance between them (human development vs space technology development) and have a tight check on Technology Departments, for that matter, all Departments to prevent wastage of money due to corruption, mismanagement, lengthy delays and failures.

The point that I am contesting is that the funds are limited and we cannot afford to lose these funds as we have many other very hard pressing issues that can be solved using these funds.

My apologies If I am digressing.

Respectfully,

Moody

6. Dark_Prince

Dark_Prince 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Hmmmmm Very nicely Put, I hope we reign in these evils soon!
    :india:

7. SpArK

SpArK SorCeroR Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

All of these factors can be linked to the demographics of our nations. India is still BASED ON AGRICULTURE where 52% of employment in India is in agricultural field.
    The farmers along with the people who are related to farm related works consumes a great about of population. While foreign countries are providing encouragement like in subsidies farmers of India are suffering from adverse climate ,loan debts , low output and less price for products. Thats why we hear about lots of farmer suicides. Unless and until there is change in the agricultural field the rural population will lag behind the urban population which is drastically lowering the statistics of the points u mentioned.

8. hotstud69

hotstud69 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

how can we be poor
    spending 1333 crores for ipl kochi team (can built 4 gslv's)
    annual income of ttd is 2500 crores(can built approx 10 gslv's)
    i am :confused::confused:
    for what we are spending

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  9. gowthamraj

gowthamraj Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

^ he has some hard feeling on our govt functions. It good but bad as either:india:

10. Desi Jatt

Desi Jatt Captain ELITE MEMBER

Geosynchronous Satellite relaunch with indigenous cryogenic engine in one yr: ISRO

good news guys...especially for those who were dissapointed with the failure of GSLV launch this year...

Geosynchronous Satellite relaunch with indigenous cryogenic engine in one yr: ISRO

Kolkata: The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is planning to relaunch the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) with a home-grown cryogenic engine in a year's time after the failure in April this year.

"We have come across a few scenarios after detailed analysis of the failure. Now the immediate task is to test it on the ground and we look forward to relaunch it next year," ISRO chairman K Radhakrishnan told reporters on the sidelines of the 117 birth anniversary celebrations of Professor PC Mahalanobis at the Indian Statistical Institute here.

The five earlier versions of the GSLV had Russia-supplied cryogenic engines. India's cryogenic upper stage (CUS) engine was meant to replace the Russian engines.

The GSLV D-3, the satellite launch vehicle showcasing the country's indigenous cryogenic technology, trailed off its designated course and went out of control shortly after the
    lift-off on April 15.

The rocket, along with its two payloads -- satellites GSAT-4 and GAGAN -- crashed into the Bay of Bengal minutes after blastoff.

The failed mission caused loss of the GSLV-D3 rocket costing about Rs 180 crore and the satellites valued at Rs 150 crore.

The launch was the key to India's space programme as it would have made it the sixth nation to successfully deploy cryogenic technology, joining US, Russia, Japan, China and France.

Meanwhile, Radhakrishnan said Chandrayaan-II will be launched in 2013.

:india: :india: :india:

:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.