Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

TOAST! Beer is good for your health, reveals study

Discussion in 'The Big Adda' started by Sinchan, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinchan

Sinchan Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Consuming large quantities of a key ingredient in beer can protect against winter sniffles and even some serious illnesses in small children, a Japanese brewery said citing a scientific study.
    A chemical compound in hops, the plant brewers use to give beer its bitter taste, provides an effective guard against a virus that can cause severe forms of pneumonia and bronchitis in youngsters, Sapporo Breweries said Wednesday. In research with scientists at Sapporo Medical University, the compound -- humulone -- was found to be effective in curbing the respiratory syncytial (RS) virus, said the company, which funded the study.
    "The RS virus can cause serious pneumonia and breathing difficulties for infants and toddlers, but no vaccination is available at the moment to contain it," said Jun Fuchimoto, a researcher from the company. The virus tends to spread inwinter and can also cause cold-like symptoms in adults. Fuchimoto said such small quantities of humulone were present in beer that someone would have to drink around 30 cans, each of 350 millilitres (12 oz), for it to have any virus-fighting effect. "We arenow studying the feasibility of applying humulone to food or non-alcoholic products," he said.
    "The challenge really is that the bitter taste is going to be difficult for children." The research also found thathumulone alleviated inflammation caused by infection from the virus, thebrewery said.

Hey, i don't drink beer!!! Should i start taking it.???

2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Beer gives you beer belly and beer nose. Be an authentic Naval officer and drink only whisky/scotch. You can try rum/vodka/gin/beer for change of taste only.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sinchan

Let it be!!! M happy with soft drink...

4. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Let me share one more secret with you and everyone here. When you go on a date with your GF and order beer or rum, they take you to be a cheepo. But when you order scotch/whisky, you have much higher chances of hitting on her on the first date itself. Gals judge a guy based on even the colour of your socks and the combination of shoes with belt or selection of your tie with your shirt. But only thing in which they are unanimus is about the pocket size and you can say it loudly by ordering a scotch rather than a beer or Rum. Thoda phekana padta hai like asking the waiter for a particuler scotch only and asking him if that is really all that old.

5. Sinchan

Omg!!!!

6. grond

grond Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Boss that was probably in your bachelor days ... Now the girls expect us to order expensive cocktails... By your theory i always ask for cutty snark... Then I should be swimming in girls...
    But I'm single... #FML

2 people like this.
  7. Picard

Picard Lt. Colonel RESEARCHER

I don't drink alcohol, but if I were to start drinking some alcoholic beverage, it would be black wine.

8. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    I agree with you. last gal that I dated was in Nov 1990 in Mumbai. After that I met my wife and have not been hunting after that.
    Knowledge of cocktails really helps to patao a gal. Mostly gals have very limited knowledge of them but you can always suggest strong ones to them for the kill.

9. grond

How I wish the world was as simple as it was in your days ... Nowadays girls are getting smarter too.. They know when you are going for the kill and order a blue lagoon after saying some excuse...
    Its just harder being a boy in the 21st century....:tsk:

10. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Seems your Gen is ill equipped to handle gals. It was easy in our times or may be we had it easy.
    Do you guys carry a small gift when you go on first date for the gal? It has to be small but unique. Do you guys reverse shave yourselves for an evening date? Reverse shave makes your face glow. Do you guys wear a nice perfume on a date or no perfume at all but work out before date? If you work out before date and wear no perfume, your strong testosterone levels are picked up by the gals and that drives them crazy. I always worked out by pumping weights before a date.

11. grond

Well whoever is a spokesperson for my generation that definitely can't be me.. I have this irrational stuttering when I talk to girls
    It doesn't mean that I don't have girl-friends just that I don't have a girlfriend... And you may find this strange but I ruined a date by turning it into a bar fight .. And I'll try weights next time thanks...I don't reverse shave because I either have a beard or a permanent stubble...

1 person likes this.
  12. AccessDenied

AccessDenied Captain SENIOR MEMBER

If you want to go for a classy cocktail and impress a girl, you could always order the Gaberdine-Hightail. Subtle, elegant and strong. P.S - Poser drinking 101 for men--> NEVER, EVER go for a 'cosmo' or any other girly cocktails when you are trying to 'hit that'!!

13. grond

14. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Its very important that you make the gal drunk and dont get drunk yourself. Saalo khud drunk ho jaogay toh ladki kabhi nahin milegi.
    Do you remember that ad of standard chartard bank credit card?
    3000 rs for drinks, one thousand for dinner, and driving backhome with a drunk woman, priceless.

1 person likes this.
  15. Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones Doctor Death Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    I'm fuking immortal. :troll:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.