Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Toddler Chained To Fence By Syrian Rebels And Forced To Watch Parents Executed

Discussion in 'International Politics' started by Anees, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Guys both are more civilized enough to keep your spats out please. Both are adorable and highly knowledgeable, so please.

2. Shikari

Shikari 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

The bolded part is absolutely right. Once in a while you say something that makes sense but maybe it just proves you can read the dictionary. However, you seem to be afflicted with the very serious condition of not having a brain as jumping to the next line defies every law of logic that has ever been invented. Just do me a favour and READ the second line that you just wrote. Hopefully, you won't need the next few bullet points to get this. In case, I am not so lucky, let me slow this down for you... a LOT.

1) EVERYONE has expectations or assumptions about everyone else. In this case, mine come from what I have read of your posts and our brief interactions. They need not be 100% accurate or complete - in fact they rarely are. I am sure you have similar assumptions about me.

2) Speaking on someone's behalf implies that you are absolutely sure about how a certain person feels about a certain situation and (usually with that person's consent) come forward and voice that opinion. Of significance is the fact that you are voicing the other person's opinion and it may not coincide with your own and you are CERTAIN of what you say. For example, Nirmala Sitaraman is a spokesperson of the BJP and speaks on their behalf. She doesn't say "probably my party feels this way".

3) Voicing assumptions about other people and speaking on someone's behalf is so different that I find myself astounded that I have to explain this to a (seeming) adult. It lies in the small fact that in one you state you KNOW that someone else feels this way while in the other you are openly guessing.

As of the last sentence, You are again absolutely correct. I do not even begin to comprehend the logical fallacy as one does not exist. On the other hand, I ALSO do not begin to comprehend the logical fallacy in your argument, as in your case, logic doesn't exist - making fallacies impossible.

meh... I won't even bother to respond to this point as it is such a low blow and clearly completely beside the point. I would just like to point out that the shallowness of mind that this sentence reveals about you is more than a little unfortunate.

Actually it does concern me as it follows you like an unpleasant smell wherever you go and in any civilised society, bad smells in public places are not acceptable. This is a public forum and everyone expects a certain level of decency from everyone else. You tend to become emotional and make things personal which is extremely annoying and completely unhelpful to the conversation at hand. For example, could you not have made the last few points that you made to me (such as they were) in a little more civilised fashion? Is it really asking so much of you to not act like a cave man with an internet connection? As for my points, I believe I made them without overtly or covertly insulting you. If I am mistaken, I do apologise for any hurt caused and I am not ashamed of apologising. You have this mentality that you will insult people sitting in your couch hiding behind the anonymity of the internet and have fun. I was hoping people like you confined themselves to the Pakistani Defence Forum but obviously that was too much to ask.

Now that we have gotten that out of the way, may I just point out that your attempts at good English were extremely entertaining? Not only was I quite delighted to see phrases like "Pakistani nit-wit" and "ad-hominem rejoinders" in the same sentence, I was also quite happy that you would take the time to string together this poetry for me (irrespective of whether I agree with its contents).

If I believed that this is how you usually speak, I would just ignore it as anyone with a hint of courtesy would (obviously not you). However this is the last post you made to me outside this thread :

Parrot your high-minded rhetoric to someone who gives two $hits about political correctness towards the saudis, because it certainly isn't me.

Source: http://www.indiandefence.com/forums...ork-maid-pakistan-21-years.html#ixzz2h49Hl72T

Unfortunately, this makes me feel that your English stunt is poorly thought out (although as I already said, the execution was nearly flawless). Worse, it paints a certain picture of a person who hasn't been taught basic manners and now feels the need to show that he is of a certain "class". If I am not mistaken, that was your subtle intent, correct? To try and let me see that you are such a big man with such vast knowledge of English that you can't possibly be wrong? I may be wrong here (pointing it out as another 'speaking on my behalf' outrage is sure to follow otherwise) but I can't see how someone NATURALLY speaks like this in two different posts in the same month. Unfortunately, due to actually having a life I do not have the time to reply in kind and my responses will continue to be this dull - however if you actually read what I am saying you will find that the "logical fallacies" are rare. Anyway, I will have to conclude by saying that despite the fact that your entire message just screamed, " I am good at English and have the manners of a person brought up in a slum so LEAVE.... ME.... ALONE", I must say most humbly that I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request. :wink:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  3. Shikari

Hey layman, sorry for the interruption to the topic bro. This is a sad subject and certainly not the place for a fight. I am willing to take this conversation to private if he is (I have a feeling that he will not let me have the last word on this so easily).

His comment was on the previous page and I replied before seeing this. But if he insists on dragging this on here, it might be difficult to send private messages. As I have already stated, (link on my previous message just above this one) this is not the first time this has happened. He loves to use foul language while pretending to stand on a moral high ground. I let it go in the previous topic as people like these made me leave this forum once for a year or so and I didn't want another fighting spat. But I suppose things happen as they happen and if he continues like this, I can't just sit down and let him walk all over me. You do have my assurances, however, that I will not be degrading to his level of commentary while we 'discuss'.

1 person likes this.
  4. AccessDenied

AccessDenied Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Unfortunately for you, the sheer length of your post contradicts that 'nonchalance' that you're painstakingly trying to convey.:haha:

Also, the fact that you re-ignited an argument from a different thread- actually speaks volumes about your desperation. That you need to back-off, stems from the fact that this is a different thread.

I will now take the high-road, not engage you any further, and report your previous post to the moderator on grounds of 'personal-attack'.

And as a response for the rest of your rant:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. omya

omya Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    guess this is what they learn in there islamic syllabus book

6. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    discuss the topic rather then each other here... for that you can share you mail IDs and live happily ever after.

1 person likes this.
  7. Shikari

ok go run to your mama

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.