Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Top 10 Countries With Highest Rape Crime 2016

Discussion in 'International Politics' started by The BrOkEn HeArT, Jan 22, 2017.

1. The BrOkEn HeArT

The BrOkEn HeArT FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Rape is the forced sexual intercourse which includes psychological coercion as well as physical force while it also contains homosexual and heterosexual victims, though most of victims are female who have been forcibly penetrated by any individual or group of men. There is another term separate from rape is sexual assault by which a victim may or may not forced for having sexual intercourse with offender and it mostly contains verbal threats.

Rape is becoming more common crime in various countries especially the states which are facing civil war, this social evil is the abuse to civil societies and government who are unable to protect females from such dreadful act. Here we have made a list of top ten countries with highest crime rates by considering the latest rape statistics all over the world.

10: Grenada
    Grenada is an island country located at the southern end of Grenadines in southeastern Caribbean Sea known as Island of Spice because of its produced nutmeg and mace and considered as largest exporter in the world. The crimes are quite common in the island nation especially rape which is nearly 30.6 per 100,000 citizens making it among top countries with highest rape crimes in the world. The person has been imprisoned for 15 years who convicted for rape which has little reduced the annual rape cases but people seeks tough penalty against offenders.

9: Nicaragua
    The largest country in the Central American isthmus Nicaragua is home to multi-ethnic population such as Europeans, Africans, Asians, and indigenous peoples. According to the United Nations Development Program Nicaragua is the safest country in Central America and one of the safest in Latin America having low homicide rate of 8.7 per 100,000 inhabitants but the country has quite unsafe for female because the rape incident per 100,000 citizens is nearly 31.6 for which it has been added in the list of highest rape crimes in the world.

Advertisement

8: Costa Rica
    Costa Rica is a Central American country having more than 4.5 million inhabitants considered among the most steady, affluent, and progressive nations in Latin America. Being the most popular destination petty crimes like theft, pick-pocketing, mugging, and purse snatching are common in tourist areas. Costa Rica is also among the countries which attained higher human development but on the opposite end it is the country with highest rape crime having 36.7 victims per 100,000 citizens.

7: Suriname
    The sovereign state Suriname located on the northeastern Atlantic coast of South America which is one of culturally Caribbean country having widespread trade and cultural swap with the Caribbean nations. There are several crimes which are common in the state including murder, robbery and drug trade; Rape crime is also present in the state and according to an estimate 45.2 female became victim among 100,000 people. Most of tourists have been robbed while the country is transit zone for South American cocaine route to Europe and Africa.

6: Sweden
    The Scandinavian country in Northern Europe Sweden is third-largest country in European Union which covers an area of 175,896 sq mi having total over 9.7 million inhabitants. In Sweden both violent and social crimes exist including assault, homicide, sex crimes, robbery, corruption and burglary among others. Sweden was considered among first countries in world to criminalize marital rape and now it is 63.5 per 100,000 citizens following several legislative amendments to reduce sexual violence in the country.

5: Bermuda
    Located off the east coast of North America Bermuda is British Overseas Territory which has usually safe and comparatively crime free country particularly for tourists and visitors. Since last few years the region has lost its popularity because of increasing crime rates including homicide, theft and sexual assaults. Having about 67.3 rape incidents per 100,000 citizens the country has been added in the list of top countries in the world having highest rape crime.

4: Swaziland
    The sovereign state in Southern Africa Swaziland is another country among those which have highest rape crime all over the world. The latest statistics showed that the crime rates including violent and non violent crimes are increased in the country in last few years and most reported cases are residential burglary and non-residential petit theft. Rape cases are also common in this region and registered cases are 77.5 among 100,000 people which are high as compared to other countries.

3: Lesotho
    The enclaved landlocked country in southern Africa Lesotho is one of smallest and poorest nation in the world more than 40% of its inhabitants are living below poverty line. The common violent crimes include kidnapping, murder, human trafficking, assault, pick-pocketing, theft and sexual assaults. The latest figures shows that the numbers of rape cases which have been registered are nearly 82.7 per 100,000 citizens for which it has been enlisted in top countries with highest crime rates around world.

2: Botswana
    Located in Southern Africa Botswana is another landlocked country stand among the most sparsely populated nations in the world having just over 2 million people. The poorest nation is facing number of violent and petty crimes including burglary, snatching, grabbing, and pick-pocketing and theft. One of major crime is sexual assault and rape that make female unsafe because the country has 92.9 victims among 100,000 inhabitants making its highest rape crime nation.

1: South Africa
    South Africa is country multiethnic society having broad variety of cultures and religions and nearly 11 official languages. South Africa has been considered as one of developed nation in African region while it has the seventh-highest per capita income in Africa. Crimes are more common in the country and statistics revealed that it had very high rate of murders, assaults, rapes and other crimes contrary to most of other countries like the rape incidents are nearly 132.4 per 100,000 citizens which is quite higher.

http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http:...hest-rape-crime-2015/&rqid=iBE_Lxhi&geid=1004
    Thats good that Indian still think that rape is a global problem. But there is propaganda going on in Western media to defame our tourism industry.
    But I can't see any blog or article coming from India to show them mirror.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2017
  2. Darth Marr

Darth Marr Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    We are actually way down the list....

3. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
  4. vsdoc

vsdoc BANNED BANNED

Such lists are highly unreliable and mean nothing.

The true index of a society is how safe the women living in it really feel.

When it comes to your own skin, people have a remarkable ability to cut through bs and propaganda and see things crystal clear.

There is a continued trend among us, sections of us, to pooh pooh this as some sort of conspiracy by others to malign us.

That may or may not be true. Who cares?

Facts on the ground say that our women are very unsafe. That's frankly all that really matters to me.

And the rapists of Indian women are Indian men. No way to varnish that stark truth.

Cheers, Doc

5. Butter Chicken

Butter Chicken 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Compare murder statistics of India to other countries.Where is India in that list?

Don't tell me Indian murders aren't reported due to social stigma

6. SrNair

SrNair 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    That is racism .Direct confrontation or attack (both culturally ,physically) wont work in India .Same was then ,still it remains like that.
    So they are using the same trick they did 200 years ago .Psychologically attacking us .But now that wont work in here .Not anymore .Recent Jallikkattu united entire nation.

British leaders are first class hypocrites .
    Look what happened in Rotherham .What would be their response if it was an Indian?

Ignore them .Donot count them seriously .Then they will come down to their senses .
    Look how that evolved in our western neighbourhood .Their very existent was revolving around concerning them with us .

4 decades ago they have some superiority complex and consider we are low class .But what happened now?
    They are angry because noone considers them seriously and world respects India .
    Look at the PDF ,they will automatically brings rape word when we they dont have any point to debate .'They are handsome and beautiful ' ,'Thanks to Jinnah'.

They also propogates that in Britian also .

We should give same treatment to Brits ,if they do the same.

7. HELL4U

HELL4U FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

add to it the dark side of indian women , falsely accusing men of rape , in delhi alone more than 50 % cases were found to be fraudulent where the women themselves confessed to lying in courts . which the womens commission themselves agree.
    most common reason when a married women is caught with her lover scream rape !

if indian men r rapist then indian women r no better
    one rapes the body, another rapes the soul. what is worse being raped or being sent to jail for 30 years for no fault

maybe a alien could answer that correctly , because in India unfortunately for some especially those in positions of power / influence being all moralistic and bombastic is a 60 years old fad and still continuing

it is like reservation , to correct a mistake in the past , we ended up committing the same mistake, in a even bigger scale (but justifying all the same using baseless morality etc )

and the cycle goes on.

cheers

AbRaj likes this.
  8. vsdoc

vsdoc BANNED BANNED

Are you saying that our women are not being raped?

Or that only half of them are really getting raped?

Is that a good thing, relatively speaking?

Or since half the women are nasties, it's ok if the other half actually get raped?

Cheers, Doc

9. vsdoc

vsdoc BANNED BANNED

P.S. Jallikattu seems to be the latest feel good buzzword.

What it has to do with rapes in India is something my brain is still grappling with.

And losing.

nik141993 likes this.
  10. Mayawi

Mayawi IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    rapes happen all over the world but only in India we have mass hysteria . Tell me one country where rape does not happen and where entire media drags country and all men into it . India is relatively safe for women compared many developed countries .

PS: I am not justifying rape .

Gessler and PARIKRAMA like this.
  11. PARIKRAMA

PARIKRAMA Angel or Devil? Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Rape is a heinous crime and reporting are now happening a lot more but still the stigma attached and societal response dissuades many to actually rise up and file reports..

Add to that the police systems and our judicial snail pace approach it's not easier..

Add to that further the punishment is marginal

Further adding the crime in rural areas leads to the accused man marrying the woman and protecting the "dignity" he ravaged.. talk about "justice"

And most importantly the marital rape is the most under reported part of the stats ever..

A "NO" means "No"

World over it's same.. true some media does portray our country as Unsafe.. but then the stats are just the tip of the iceberg.. it's a crime which must be fiercely dealt with and need a system wide change to bring a mentality makeover..

@vsdoc
    This is one topic where I will like you to take lead and break all stereotyping and reveal the true dark side of our country.. hopefully you can also suggest ways and means to help bring a certain change.. to truly deal with the real problem..

Edited to change spellings

12. HELL4U

HELL4U FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    this is why i dont engage in this kind of conversation

i feel like a lost man

i am very low in the food chain , so keeping everything simple like sky is blue, earth is round helps a lot in day to day life.

intellectual conversations with lots of relativity simply goes over my head

u kind of inspired me so let me try in your own words

here goes for nothing....

" Are you saying that our men are not being falsely accused of rape?

Or that only half of them are really getting accused of rape?

Is that a good thing, relatively speaking?

Or since half the men are rapists, it's ok if the other half actually get falsely accused of rape
    ?"

here answer ur own question relativistically

in india truth is the first casualty when it comes to an innocent man and women....
    i have seen the damage/torture a bad women can do using the very same laws made to protect the innocent/wronged women .

no point in wasting time , i am outta here
    just pray nobody gets to see the funny side of a cruel joke that is our lopsided laws.

thank u

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Golden_Rule likes this.
  13. vsdoc

vsdoc BANNED BANNED

@PARIKRAMA thanks bro. Let's just talk about this as Indians.

The world over we are increasingly getting the reputation of the ugly Indian.

The perennially butthurt Indian.

The post Islamist post Colonialist Indian on the rebound. A giant chip on his shoulder.

It's not pretty. The world recognizes our size. Our potential. But it is not yet impressed by what we feel they should be impressed (even overawed?) by. Our financial and military muscle and our clout on the big table with the big boys.

Our prickly hyper nationalist defensivism is seen as the insecurity of a small bit getting big and wanting to be taken seriously. Thinking the world owes him a favor (for perceived ills perpetrated on him in the past).

The goras are not like us. They are very guarded in what they say to your face. Unlike us who are mostly open, even argumentatively confrontational.

But read between the lines when you speak to a gora. Understand what he's been fed with and realize that tackling that perception is not helped by whining and moaning and bitching and chest thumping about how great we are and how nothing is the matter with us.

You want to be accepted at the big table, learn how to play big boy games like a big boy.

Not like a petulant pre pubescent teen.

Cheers, Doc

14. The BrOkEn HeArT

The BrOkEn HeArT FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Nobody's hiding or denying the truth in India about rape problem. But at the same time its a global problem. Do u feel great when someone calls you a citizen from " Rape capital of the world" when you are not?
    I'm just talking about propaganda which is going on in western media.

15. vsdoc

vsdoc BANNED BANNED

I don't care.

I'm confident about myself, who I am as a person, where I've reached based on my efforts and the opportunities given to be by my parents, the society I live in and am a part of, and my nation. I do not clamour for external vindication of my worth. Which also makes me pretty immune to external criticism and judgmentalism as well.

My suggestion to the group here is fuk the outsiders. They do not matter.

We matter. Our daughters and sisters matter.

Let's talk. Speak in Hindi if you feel more comfortable.

Cheers, Doc

nik141993 and AbRaj like this.