Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

TRISHUL: LCA-AF Mk.2 Can Still Become A Reality. Here's How:

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by Gessler, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

Of course not and nobody suggested that, but they deliver to what they promised, our aviation industry doesn't! They have no experience at all, we have at least some decades experience in licence production, they don't have much access to foreign help, we do and still doesn't get the things right and that is a sad problem.

Blackjay and Grevion like this.
  2. X_Killer

X_Killer Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    you're very selective responding.
    yup, program is poorly managed but the output (Tejas) is not poor by the way.
    every manufacturer produce their products in such a way which leads to run its production line without any break in production and HAL is doing it.
    yup, 40 jets on order with basic avionics but out of 40 , 20 are IOC and other 20 are FOC (which is yet to achieve)
    The delay for FOC may lead to put production line on Idle that is why HAL slowed down the production just to run production lines frequently.
    I shared the examples of failed projects when you share a list of scraped indian projects without sharing the detail why they stopped.
    Previously, I asked about the name of the nation which will get Thunder , manufactured at PAC production line.

3. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
    licence production and production after development are two terms.
    we were also produced and some are still in production, which are developed by foreign nation we have to only produce them.
    And we are producing at a very decent production rate without any complaint. Isn't it bro?
    This is what PAC is doing "Licence Production" but different tag of Co-development. all export variant are to be made by CAC not PAC
    They are producing an Incomplete product which is not able to drop LGBs

I may compare PAC with HAL only if they have their own development.

GSLV Mk III likes this.
  4. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    This is because when the problem is with you, you believe it is at Dassault. So how are you going to fix it? :azn:

5. Sancho

Yes and I didn't criticise HAL for the output, just for delays and I mainly criticise ADA and DRDO for the LCA problems. Imo, the production rate is not important anyway, because 12 fully capable fighters are better than 20 with limitations. So I don't care much for the fist 20 to 40 anyway.
    I pointed out the current status of our development and why PAC is ahead. That has nothing to do with Russian or US developments right?

I don't know which parts exactly will be produced for export customers. Never have bothered too much with the export versions, only with PAFs.

6. Sancho

Finally man, I waited for another unrelated comment of you. But since you just want to troll and not really understand the matter, I don't see a need for a dicussion with you, but would like to point to the news that HAL is delivering LCA currently on time as it seems and that by outsourcing production, just as they offered for Rafale. :azn:

ranadd and Blackjay like this.
  7. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
    You can praise PAC for no valid reason, anyway.
    Our country gives such reservations to everyone.

But when there will be any conflict, these substandard PAC painted birds with very high Production rate, will fall dawn from sky.

Good Day

8. Picdelamirand-oil

Country Flag:
    France
    Alleluia.

9. Picdelamirand-oil

Country Flag:
    France
    It's sad that you can not see the relationship between my comment and the fact that the LCA Mk2 will not become a reality.

10. Picdelamirand-oil

Country Flag:
    France
    It seems that for the moment what they are delivering on time is just one assembly line. Now they need to use it correctly, then they need to deliver another assembly line on time, and somebody will have to guarantee they work! You perhaps?

Angel Eyes likes this.
  11. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
    nice joke:rofl:

12. ranadd

ranadd 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    More accurate will be, LCA Mk2 like what described in paper will never be a reality. It will be as usual something 70% promised.

I agree with whoever said in this forum about multiple LCA variants. It's because we are free to do so when we own every damn thing and it's an asset to have that option.

But I also agree with someone who said in this thread, they are all distractions. HAL/ADA is creating new issues to fix when they haven't finished the old ones. Only a PSU can get away with this boondoggle.

They should declare LCA as done. Dead or a TD, to save face. And use all the process, tech, vendors and push into AMCA.

And what happens to the low number of squadrons? Buy from outside suppliers ofcourse. Need to make that bundle. Replenish the retirement fund for the MPs and babus. There is 1.3 billion Indians, what's few 100 million Indians dead. As long as the sirjee(put BJP, Congress, Communists,IAS all in the same bracket) get to immigrate to London or wherever you don't get extradited. Let's all pay our taxes people.

13. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
  14. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
  15. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
    Now a days, There are many key developments happening in Defense sectors.
    Your speculations might have positive approach but govt's Indigenisation dream will not allow it.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017