Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

TRISHUL: LCA-AF Mk.2 Can Still Become A Reality. Here's How:

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by Gessler, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Ankit Kumar 001

Ankit Kumar 001 Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India
    Lol. 16 MK1A from FY2019-2020.

Does that mean that 20 FOC MK1 won't be delivered ???

The only reality is that HAL is a bunch who shouldn't be firing anything related to fixed wing aircraft.

And LCA is utter failure now. All due to one useless organisation.

2. Ankit Kumar 001

Country Flag:
    India
    That is not the problem of the customer. The falling numbers of IAF is a bigger concern than a useless organisation losing man and money.

3. X_Killer

X_Killer Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    5 (2016-17) : delivered.
    8 (2017-18)
    16 (2018-19)
    16 : 11 Mk1 + 5 Mk1A (2019-20)

I think, HAL has its plan but developers (along with its partners should work hard, where IAF is also one of them)

Blackjay likes this.
  4. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

That's what I said, IAF has not even that much involvement in the LCA program.

Blackjay likes this.
  5. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
    Bro, IAF is not only a customer but also a part of LCA development.

Yes, I agree with you that falling numbers is a serious issue that is why RAFALEs ordered and more may be ordered by 2019 end. FGFA will also be there after 2020, MKIs are also on Production line.

Blackjay likes this.
  6. Ankit Kumar 001

Country Flag:
    India
    IAF will not go and develop. IAF is a partner, just like French Airforce is a partner with Dassault. Nothing more.

And one more thing, Rafales will come irrespective of LCA. The IAF has a plan in place.

The only thing which will happen is , F16s will come.And every F16 will come at the cost/place of 3 LCA...

7. zebra7

zebra7 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    LOL, with this formula the IAF shouldn't ask the ADA or HAL to develop technologies in house, and for upgrades look at the original OEM's or to remove critical bugs discovered latter, such as Landing Gear faulty Design by original Anglo-French Designer, removed and rectified by the HAL's engineers, or faulty navigation system. The same customer can fly MK2 for 8 years with the capability to gun fight only, and wait till 2012 to get the full capability of the N011 Bars radars wants full capability with Airworthiness certificate and demonstration of Aerial refuel, BVR, A2G, RWR, MAWs,Digital cockpit, HMDS, Hotas before excepting a single MK1A as if the pilots don't need any fying conversion training before being put into the active service.

Blackjay likes this.
  8. zebra7

Country Flag:
    India
    Ghar ki Murgi Daal Barabar.

shaktimaan and Blackjay like this.
  9. Blackjay

Blackjay Developers Guild Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    So this is the new official schedule.
    Screenshot_20170816-150121.jpg

Like Saurav Jha stated,they seems to have done away with 20 FOC.And moving directly to mk1a after IOC.
    Now whether they could achieve it is something most members are free to doubt.
    They have till March 2019 to develop the first mk1a.So they have one and half year.From what I could make out,FOC pretty much mean mk1a now,not the original IOC2.

I still believe once they get to 16 per year from assembly line(whatever the variant).It will continue,till some other plane takes it place.There is no way HAL will allow the line to remain idle,once its running.Plus no one will be able to claim deteriorating squadron strength and not order the lowest and cheapest hanging fruit.Specially if the lowest hanging fruit is for once indigenous.Well as long as it flies.

10. X_Killer

Country Flag:
    India
    Bro, I already share the official brochure and there is nothing more than a OFFICIAL written statement.
    As of now, I didn't think so..

Abingdonboy, zebra7 and Blackjay like this.
  11. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

FOC was meant to be the fully operational MK1, while MK1A is a whole different thing, starting with the fact that they need to integrate a new radar and EW components, but also that many changes were about easing of maintenance. These changes needs to be developed, certified and ordered for production, before HAL can add them to the production line. Only because they can produce 16 at that point, doesn't mean that all the new components will be under production at that rate so easily too. Any further delay (trials, comparison to DRDO counterparts, integration, finding Indian production partner...), can delay the production of the fighter too.

Blackjay likes this.
  12. shaktimaan

shaktimaan Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    ya accroding to @Ankit Kumar 001 , IAF behaves as a customer only to in house organisation but for foreign OEMs, they can wait for many years.

Abingdonboy and zebra7 like this.
  13. zebra7

Country Flag:
    India
    THANK YOU

14. zebra7

Country Flag:
    India
    HAL having good experience in MRO, maintainance and upgrade job, could do this job and I have no doubt for that, since they are involved with the ADA from the start in the LCA Project plus all the Air flight and wind tunnel data is also with the HAL could reposition the critical modules or design easily reachable ports in the airframe for easily maintainance are reachability to dessemble or replacement of the faulty module . Intestresting thing would be whether HAL will increase the LCA nose length using plug for 1 meter, giving enough room for the AESA cooling module. Question will arise whether it will allow the HAL to mount internal Virgius Jammer and space for internal IRST (A weakness in LCA).

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    Blackjay likes this.
  15. Blackjay

Blackjay Developers Guild Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    Yes anymore delay will push mk1a further.But I think DRDO/HAL will simply push gov to inducted more IOC/FOC fighters in that case.That they will let production rate to go down below 16( once they finally achieve it) is absurd.People underestimate how much sway DRDO and PSUs have with government.Look at how many products of questionable quality have they pushed through.Governments are always eager to approve of indigenous products in defence.

Yes, I know mk1a is supposed to be a whole different thing.But I have a strange feeling that, the spare capacity aircraft shown in 2018-19 by AjaiShukla is actually the one on which mk1a standard is going to be tested.Before they are scheduled to start arriving in 2019-20.

Abingdonboy likes this.