Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

U.S. Deploys F-22 Fighter Jets to UAE: Officials

Discussion in 'The Americas' started by Manmohan Yadav, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dearone4u_22

dearone4u_22 REGISTERED

Biggest terrorist country "pakistan " is ur ally in war against terror (perfect example of irony)who has nuclear weapon and history of proliferation .......:frust:

And no need to tell you How Saudi ur dear ally uses oil money to spread radical islamic ideology....:achmed:

You guys can't just label any country u wish as terrorist ....... prove them in eyes of the world..show the proof to the world

Take world in confidence ......And i m sure solution will come out without a single bomb explosion...:cheers:

2. olivers

olivers 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Forget about taking on the rest of the world. You can't even take on Pakistan. You did one stealth fly-in and took Osama. That too after eight years of them letting you move around in Pakistan. As far as you GPS guided blah blah blah. Everyone has given up. Dream on. America is like UK after WW-II. It's on it's way down.

America is devaluing it's currency to pay off loans it can't afford. Social security is a mess and can't be paid for in future. There are serious threats to the dollar as the reserve currency of the world. Everyone who is anyone has arrangements to pay without usd. All of this has happened only in the last 5 years. India,China,Japan,Russia,South Korea have swap agreements. Brazil, Argentina too are part of swaps. So really it's just vanity. There is still time for US to pull itself out of mess. USSR when the cold war ended had more science and technology advancements than US had. It's a fact. Their basic science and technology still helps Russia build the systems they do. So you can call it crap. Being indoctrinated in a cool-aid of America is the best isn't the solution. The number of science graduates in America is sinking. You can't attract talent from outside because of the clamor for closing up America from states like Arizona. It takes $2.5 of debt to grow $1. The average has been $.7 for every $1 of GDP growth in the past 100 years. Bad numbers. Every single indicator points to just going over the top. The only silver-lining U.S. still has not reached a stage where it's interest payments are 12% of GDP. Let's just hope we don't hit that. If and when it's hit, it's the default breaker. Please take your own Federal reserve on who has been buying the bonds. Everyone who is anyone is moving away from American bonds.

All of this is sad. It's just had horrible leaders for the past 16 years. Maybe it will be able to pull of another 1970's feat and stay near the top in a multi-polar world. A sinking Russia was still powerful in 1980. It still is. With nuclear deterrence, I don't see America being able to move too far. You are boxed into a battle no-one can win. The entire world, right dream on ...

America is reducing it's defense expenditure. It's a reality. It's right now negotiating with China. How best to not get on their toes. How best not to militarily upset China. How best to ease restrictions on dual use items. To promote trade. It's the 1970's again. The last time U.S. did that to get under the nose of USSR. This time it's to please China the debt overlords.

I like America a lot. However I don't like such a hangup. I also want to say the same things about India. See the my other posts. There are enough which are extremely critical of India. The few good things about India are it's missiles, local consumption based economy with minimal imports, science and technology, demographics nuclear weapons and nuclear power. It has horrible politicians, corruption and what not. Same bad things are present in the U.S. Horrible rigged system of lobby groups and money!!! The first step towards a solution to accept there is a problem. We in India do that. Anyways. Good luck.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  3. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    The fact remains from a military stand point the USA won the arms race with the USSR and is the supreme military power on this planet, The US spends more money on actual military equipment in a week then India or China spends in a year.

4. olivers

olivers 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

On a PPP basis. I doubt the lead is too much with China. I won't bring India into the mix where it's not necessary. We are not there yet. I don't have a problem cos I know it's the way Americans have been for the past 50 years. They believe they are the best in everything and there is no other way. It needs perspective. They are not retooling again, this time. Let's hope they wake up like 1970's when they retooled to prevent losing out to Japan.

I can relate to the utter lack of development in China and India in the 1980's and the present state of ultra rapid growth. People who are from India and China who have not gone back in five year are shocked by the changes in India and China. I can also see the decline in American growth and signs of degradation even in public structures and funding during the same period. It's a shift. The number of homeless in DC has grown between my visits. In 1988 or so Buffalo had excellent roads and public side walks were well maintained. Today it's in a sorry state. I even saw billboards asking that entire roadways which are crumbling be adopted by corporate. Detroit and California are stories which are better left untold. So sorry I don't think you will ever get it. Maybe in a decade you will follow what I have been trying to tell you. I have nothing against America, just surprised and deeply saddened.

Tuition in American universities is choking the new generation. Loans which cannot be repaid by the students graduating out of the factories. It's just really really horrible.The tuition increases are on the back of laws which make it impossible for the students to declare themselves insolvent and get out of debt. Such insolvency law which apply to housing and every other loan prevents future bad loans even if there is a failure does not apply to student loans. However this natural correction isn't happening. So tuition goes up every year. The students have to make no money for 7 years to get out of loans. If they make $10 an hour at McDonalds they have to repay them even if it takes them their entire life! The result is 15% unemployment with educational mills still pumping out students who will never make enough to repay their loans or spend a large part of their lives just repaying the loans!The reaction from America is contempt, as opposed to concerted policy to outrun the others like they did in the past. It's total paralysis. It's sort of like the baby boomers just don't care what happens to the grandchildren. So yes from an economic perceptive there is decay. I can only share what I have seen in both worlds and having had a deep understanding of how things work in both places. I can't change mindsets. I understand your reaction and pride. I hope there are enough sane voices which see things a little differently and not just shrug it off their indifference.

The corporate lobby in America wants to move to China and India. So laws preventing such moves which are absolutely necessary are not on the anvil at all. Even laws which were passed by the congress to prevent such things helps the companies which it was supposed to work against. An example of such idiotic action. The Americans overhauled the H1b system with heavy fees on transfers. It's helping Indian companies retain workers better as shifting companies requires a worker to get his new employer to spend 3k in us government fees and then some more in lawyers fees. This makes him ready and wiling to work at the same pay for years on end. He doesn't leave his job to take up better offers. This prevents new jobs being created at the entry level which might go to an American. It also prevents wages from going up. This helps the corp orates from India and China. Indian government is taking up this at WTO. The IT industry doesn't want it taken up at all. It's all perspective. A case of missing the woods for the trees.

The same is true of American defense. Truth be told. It's a system which has rigged itself though elbow grease. Innovation in America is difficult for a small enterprise. Silicon valley is the last bastion of innovation. America in 1980's and 90's was innovating out of fear of the soviets. Innovating in very single university. Today it's becoming increasingly difficult for universities to raise funds. This has lead to a reduction in scholarship to engineering and science students. All of this funding was from the defense. I had a chat with a university professor last year. He told me the last time his university had a funding increase was 5 years ago. The defense funds which run his lab have all but dried up. He says it's the same in the rest of the universities. The university was quiet close to Washington DC. Yes Stanford, MIT and such universities may survive for a few more decades without too much trouble. Defense funding is at an all time low. Universities which had ongoing projects have been allowed to maintain them until they are completed. After that there is no guarantee of new projects. So much for winning the race. Feel free to feel the same pride you did earlier and post some comments. I will stop replying to your posts as they go nowhere. It's just perspective.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  5. USMC48th

USMC48th FULL MEMBER

Iran has a dictator and a little dictator wanna be. These ppl know if they are taken down from power, they wont be sent to their retirement home, they will be either tried for crimes against humanity or killed in the streets of Tehran un the hands of 75% oppressed. They will be like the cornered wounded lion. With nothing to lose, they will detonate a nuclear device and take half the country down with them, they cannoy be allowed to have that weapon. But I hope there's no war period. Us needs to recuperate from a decade of war on two fronts and concentrate again on iternal economy and start to tweek military to be able to face china. Us needs more f22 and it needs to solve its technical issues and start offering it to allies. F22 is still not fully mature and still is fighting childhood bugs and illnesses. Increase the numbers you fucking old Farts in congress. You white old farts with white pubic hair in congress learn a thing or two about this aircraft before you start talking about how we dint need it or how its expensive...our f15s wings are falling off, china is flying their stealth fighter already, ...build more and share it with allies and watch its price drop you over Fed underworked pests. They waste billions per year on properties around world which belong to us government and have absolutely no use for them, new healthcare joke Obama just passed without kniwing what was written in it wasting billions now they sit and open their fat mouths about f22 costs. Of coarse it'll cost that much when u build the most advanced fighter and only produce a handful.....i know coins that are that expensive . I hate critics of this plane. No knowledge of danger that we are in, not willing to bring any solutions to the table, deny that china will kick our ass onedsy yet they sit and critisize f22. WORK ON IT DUDE, WE FUCKING NEED ITTTTTTTT

6. USMC48th

USMC48th FULL MEMBER

I AGREE WITH UR COMMENT ON PAK...BUT DUDE, IRAN HAS USED TERROR GROUPS IN BELIEVE UUUU MEEEEE. HEZBOLLAH, IN LEBONAN, IN IRAQ, IN AFGHANISTAN.....ON AND ON...biggest ppl that are terrorized by Iran are Iranian ppl themselves brother.

7. halloweene

halloweene Major MILITARY STRATEGIST

And where is the statue of liberty coming from? :respect: (take it as a hello, not a bad joke)

8. halloweene

halloweene Major MILITARY STRATEGIST

Wellcome scout dog btw...
    (you wrote sempre fidelis instead of semper fidelis on your page :devilwork:)

9. USMC48th

USMC48th FULL MEMBER

I guess I should not be driving and setting up my profile lol, thank you for pointing out.

10. USMC48th

USMC48th FULL MEMBER

Hey ill tell you my opinion on what's taking place here, fact is that america is advanced in certain areas and behind in others. The average americsn whose knowledge of the world around him or her comes from CNN, Fox news, and what media wants him to know. It's sad. As a proud American I would lay down my life for my country but I'm ashamed to say that biggest reason we are hated in this time and day is because we are told we are the best of the best and we tend to be misinformed about rest of the world and arrogant. This same arrogance and ignorance has blinded us to the advancements of our enemies and not just our flunking youth in school but also our decision makers are in deep slumber dreaming thinking we can still fly our vintage f-15 into war with China. Example.....Robert gates....not to mention missile technology.....

1 person likes this.
  11. USMC48th

USMC48th FULL MEMBER

I guess I should not be driving and setting up my profile lol, thank you for pointing out.

12. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

Lol. statue of Liberty is French Migrant :) (take it as a light joke)

13. Picard

Picard Lt. Colonel RESEARCHER

I can't. Because I'm not dreaming, and I wasn't when I was typing that.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  14. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    In the last couple years I have spent about six months in South America and Europe, so I might know more then you think. I know a little about the US military and what it is capable of doing. Yes we could fly our F 15s into China with the right strategic technology mix. Most people have no idea of the vast fire power that the US could unlease. More then 11000 Missiles that would come down on targets no larger then a doorway in the first salvo. Thousands of planes,, lead by stealth fighters and bombers. EMP weapons, and the best trained and motivated fighting men on the planet with over a half million combat vets. Sure we have our problems,,,US debt as a percentage of its GDP is still less then 22 other countries in the world. About Education of the top 500 universities in the world US has 168 of them. India 3, China 8,, think about it US has 168 of the top universities in the world with 300 million people, India an China will almost 3 billion people only have 11, thats the real world.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  15. USMC48th

USMC48th FULL MEMBER

i do know these facts that you mentioned. But climate is shifting fast. Look, as for our military.....we have the democratic party who thinks we are always at war with talis...while China just tested a handful of new supersonic and hypersonic carrier killers which we have no defence against. Our f15 and hornets need to get well within chinas modern and deadly air defences in order to release the fire power you are speaking of thats not possible given that the fighters they have are more superiir to our f15 or hornets. This was proven twice by our indian friends when they wiped the floor with our fighters. F22 is the only plane that can survive in such environment but look how they are trearing it...slashing it to 176? We can only take less than half of those to fight China. Our carriers will be bottom of ocean with their payload. Our cruise missiles fly slower than a jumbo jet, are u kidding me? What's being done about it? Nothing, one program after another is being slashed. Money is going to feed millions who do not give a Shit about America who can work but dont because uncle Sam will give them our tax money every month. More and more schools are doing poorly. I'm not talking about universities, have u spoken to school kids lately? Video games and skate boardinh is all they know. They couldnt point out their own country on the map.....us needs to reopen f22 production lines, they need to come up with supersonic long range cruise missiles. We don't have those, for gods sake Iran even have supersonic cruise missiles. We are on the decline and declining fast. China is going to kick us around. We need weapons to deter china as we did in the past, but we currently have no way of defeating them and they know it. I'm sorry for any misspelled words i use my phone to post and makes it very difficult to correct...i Appologize

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.