Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

UK + Eurozone Crisis

Discussion in 'World Economy' started by santosh, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HMS Astute

HMS Astute BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Falkland Islands (malvinas)
    'Black Friday' spree lifts UK retail sales growth to 27-year high - CBI
    Fri Dec 19

[​IMG]

A "Black Friday" shopping frenzy pushed British retail sales growth to a 27-year high in December, according to an industry survey on Friday.

The Confederation of British Industry's distributive trades survey's retail sales balance soared to +61 in December, the highest reading since January 1988, and a marked rise from November's +27.

Strong economic growth and a recent drop in the price of essentials such as food and fuel appears to be finally starting to translate into higher spending on big-ticket items by many households, after years of falls in disposable income.

The CBI started surveying retailers just before the U.S.-style Black Friday promotions took place on Nov. 28, and finished on Dec. 11.

"The strongest sales growth for a quarter of a century is a big boost for retailers as they head towards the climax of the crucial pre-Christmas trading period," said Barry Williams, an executive at Wal-Mart's Asda brand who chairs the CBI survey.​

2. HMS Astute

HMS Astute BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Eurozone construction activity picks up pace - MarketWatch
    Dec 18, 2014
    Construction across the 18 countries that share the euro rose in October at the fastest pace this year, a tentative indication that households and businesses may be becoming less reluctant to invest.

The European Union's statistics agency said Thursday that construction rose by 1.3% from September, the largest month-to-month increase since December 2013. Output was up 1.4% from October 2013. After a strong start to the year, construction declined in both the second and third quarters, contributing to the currency area's slowdown in those two periods. Investment spending also declined in both quarters, a sign that businesses aren't confident that the economy will pick up sufficiently in the coming years to generate increased profits. Their reluctance to invest also holds back new hiring.

Indications that construction may once again be on the rise comes as European Union leaders meet in Brussels, where they are expected to endorse a plan developed by European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker aimed at enticing pension funds, insurance companies and other large investors to finance infrastructure projects across the European Union.

The commission's proposal is to create a European Fund for Strategic Investments. The fund will be backed by EUR16 billion ($20 billion) in guarantees from the EU budget and EUR5 billion from the European Investment Bank, the EU's long-term lending agency.​

3. HMS Astute

HMS Astute BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Forbes: Denmark Tops Forbes' Best Countries For Business

Denmark may not be known for its weather, but its business climate sure is getting a lot of recognition as of late.Forbes magazine on Wednesday ranked Denmark as the best country in the world for business. This follows Denmark’s fourth-place ranking in the World Bank’s Doing Business report. The Forbes ranking returns Denmark to the top spot that it enjoyed for three straight years between 2008 and 2010. “Denmark’s business climate is extremely positive. It scored highly across the board, finishing in the top 25 in each of the 11 categories we considered with top five showings for personal freedom, technology and low corruption,” Forbes wrote.
    1. Denmark
    2. Hong Kong
    3. New Zealand
    4. Ireland
    5. Sweden
    6. Canada
    7. Norway
    8. Singapore
    9. Switzerland
    10. Finland
    11. Netherlands
    12. Belgium
    13. United Kingdom
    14. Slovenia
    15. Iceland
    16. Australia
    17. Taiwan
    18. United States
    19. Luxembourg
    20. German
    21. Portugal
    22. Estonia
    23. Spain
    24. Lithuania
    25. Austria
    26. Japan
    27. France
    28. United Arab Emirates
    29. Chile
    30. Israel

43. South Africa
    91. Russia
    93. India
    94. Brazil
    97. China
    103. Argentina
    105. Pakistan

4. santosh

santosh Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

hhhm first see how this man talks in India in behalf of his voters, we will talk on this topic later :tup:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  5. santosh

Country Flag:
    India
    @Picdelamirand-oil
    @Averageamerican

UK's sink or swim

sink or swim....... there is a certain sign of an organization/ person/ nation etc, when its fall is near. we then find that certain form of organization/ person/ countries adopt all the right and wrong techniques to get something done, before an expected fall. and as per my 6-7 years of experience of geo-politics, when they never hesitated to use all the wrong techniques to get something done by this or that way, like lies/bluffs/wrong information to common public etc. hence its very easy for me to say, this gentleman and his commonwealth followers are very right with their worries :coffee:

6. HMS Astute

HMS Astute BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    You're still talking about an article published in 2012? Desperately trolling doesn't buy you food, you know.

7. santosh

Country Flag:
    India

and thats the difference between how you people talk in India, as compare to your elected leader come here, as in my last post#124 :tsk:

men are labors, women reducing price on sex workers due to increased competition since economic crisis 2008-09, technologies are developed by the professional immigrants of India and other developing countries, they using. and this is how civilians of this country talk in rest of the world :facepalm:

8. santosh

Country Flag:
    India

Per Capita Income Comparison between India and UK

i gotto teach you this also now......

first, population of India at 1.2billion and exchange rate/nominal GDP of India as $2.1trillion by the financial year 2014-15, which is growing by at least 6% a year for the coming 20 years. write down somewhere and then talk from here? this way, per capita income of India in exchange rate terms comes at around $2,000 by end 2015, estimated. OK?

from here, first my post as below, which states, how $2,000 per capita income of India is equivalent to $15,000 in US. and only rationale question i would welcome, no shiits. why i used a factor of 7.5 to calculate "on ground" Purchasing Power Difference between India and US.....

now, what you understand by Per Capita Income? i tell you about it, it compromise with 80% service, 18% industries (mainly energy sector of UK), and 2% of Agriculture for UK's economy.

i mean to say, in UK, you spend your 80% earning in shops/restaurants and other services. while its around 55% only in India. means, out of $2,000 per capita income of India in exchange rate terms, with its equivalent value of $15,000 as detailed below, around 45% of it, around $6,700 on PPP has share in agriculture/industries.

and with UK's per capita income of around $36,000 ONLY, around 20% share you have for the agriculture and and industries, means around $7,200 on PPP has share of agriculture and industries. EQUAL TO THAT OF INDIA, 'almost'.
    List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and yes, this way you spend around $28,000 per head of your income in services, while that of India comes around $9,000 THREE TIMES DIFFERENCE ONLY. and this is why you may say you still maintain superiority over the common Indians, with over 500% Total Debt on your head, as much as Japan, the highest indebted people of world :wave:

from here, 3 times difference of Per Capita income used in Services has little value, as whole. frequently having food in restaurants/ going to shops etc, doesn't make much difference in quality of life, considering your per head expenditure on agriculture and industries is 'almost' similar to that of Indians as present, whose total debt hardly comes around closed to 100% to GDP, with GDP growing with a very fast pace, at least by 6% a year for the next 20years+ :tup:

while you going no where in future :wave:

9. HMS Astute

HMS Astute BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    I concur.

10. HMS Astute

HMS Astute BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    GVA per capita growth in the UK regions, 2011-2013.

You can see how the recovery in 2011 was very much driven by London but by 2013 that had spread to a much broader geographical base.

[​IMG]

11. HMS Astute

HMS Astute BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Top 5 and bottom 5 NUTS2 Sub-regions in the UK for GVA per capita 2013 (growth over 2012)

Inner London £71,162 +2.2%
    North Eastern Scotland £36,242 +1.4%
    Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire £33,310 +2.1%
    Cheshire £25,477 +3.1%
    Surrey, East and West Sussex £25,088 +1.7%
    South Yorkshire £16,610 +2.2%
    Lincolnshire £16,574 +0.9%
    Tees Valley and Durham £15,901 +3.5%
    Cornwall and Isles of Scilly £15,403 +2.4%
    West Wales and The Valleys £14,763 +4.2%

Fastest GVA per capita growth among NUTS2 regions in 2013.

West Wales and The Valleys, 4.2%
    Greater Manchester, 4.1%
    West Midlands, 4.0% (Birmingham urban area)

12. santosh

Country Flag:
    India

Comparing Debt on India and Britain

hmmmm, i myself lost little passions on morning, as things aren't easy for me, its true.... committing crimes on my name is, in fact, part of foreign policy of US/UK ......

here, i just want to complete the above comparison of India and UK.

as below, we do see India has around 130% Total Debt to GDP, while that of UK well cross 500%. the Total Debt, which includes Government Debt, Household Debt, Business debt etc.

and hence, if Per Capita Income of Brit stands at around $36,000 then total debt per head comes at around $180,000 this way, 500% to GDP, while that of India at around $2,500 per heard only, at 130% to GDP :rofl:. "72 times more"

JOKING..... really, and its true. and its further to the post when we compared per capita income of India at $2,000 with UK at $36,000 and both of these 2 news are jokes, in fact.

and how would i compare India with UK in this category also? then again i would use the factor of '7.5', hence bringing Debt on the common Indian civilians at $20,000 per head this way, ($2000*7.5*1.30), as compared to UK's $180,00 per head :tup:

=> and if we talk more on this topic, then, it hasn't considered the factor of imported manufactured products. but this is same for UK and India both, Indian firms just achieved domestic supplies to over 50%, with rest are exported. and the same for UK too, you import something then something is exported from your firms too....

while i said Total Debt on India closed to 100% of GDP, then it was considering the fact that Indian Household Debt at around 30% to GDP is almost less than the total gold reserves in these houses of India, around 25,000 tons+ estimated (valued $1.0trillion+ in current market rate.)

with that, Government Debt includes Public Debt and Foreign Debt both, while Foreign reserve of India is around 80%+ to its total foreign debt, around $320bil+. .....

hence, even if Total Debt of India is around 135% to its GDP, i would say it around hardly 100% toGDP :coffee:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  13. santosh

Country Flag:
    India
    Comparing an Emerging Economy with a Matured/"saturated" Economy

and with Total Debt, when you want to compare UK's GDP with India, the very basic of comparing with this emerging economy is as below.

when you say Per Capita Income of UK at $36,000 then its mean for that. here you are,no change. per capita income of UK adjusting inflation still around 5% less than the early 2008, pre-crisis level, then its because they had around 0.75% population growth during the last 7 years to 2014, so even if you have achieved you pre-crisis level. hence even if it reaches its average GDP growth rate of 1.5% since 1990, check, it would hardly help it get its per capita income level of early 2008 by 2020, hopefully.......

means, if Per Capita income of UK is around $36,000 right now, then here you stand even after 5-6 years. and for many years.considering you willnot face any economic crisis like how Russia faced during 90s, considering so high debt and budget cuts in Western Europe as whole....

but when i talked about India, i said, its GDP in Nominal/Exchange Rate term at $2.1 trillions by the financial year 2014-15. hence per capita income at $2,000 by end 2015, here they would have spending power for the year 2015, starting after a week. why? then this is how India's GDP change in just one year, as below. even if its growth was slowed for the last 2 financial years, which has picked up again since this year too, its GDP is more than 50% to its early 2008 level, to pre-crisis level :ranger:

14. HMS Astute

HMS Astute BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    UK GDP is already well above its pre crisis level now. Thanks to its significant improvement in export sectors.

List of world's biggest exporters.
    [​IMG]

List of countries by Outbound Foreign Direct Investment.
    [​IMG]

List of countries with most world's biggest global headquaters. [​IMG]

It is also the world's fastest growing major advanced economy with one of the lowest unemployement rate.
    [​IMG]

Data on quarterly GDP and populations from ONS/INSEE, exchange rate data from the Bank of England website.

Q1 2011

UK GDP £380.2bn
    Average £/$ exchange rate $1.603
    Population 63.19m
    GDP per capita (USD per year) $38,580

----------

Q2 2011

UK GDP £381.4bn
    Average £/$ exchange rate $1.628
    Population 63.29m
    GDP per capita (USD per year) $39,250

----------

Q3 2011

UK GDP £388.1bn
    Average £/$ exchange rate $1.608
    Population 63.39m
    GDP per capita (USD per year) $39,390

----------

Q4 2011

UK GDP £387.3bn
    Average £/$ exchange rate $1.572
    Population 63.50m
    GDP per capita (USD per year) $38,350

----------

Q1 2012

UK GDP £389.1bn
    Average £/$ exchange rate $1.571
    Population 63.60m
    GDP per capita (USD per year) $38,450

----------

Q2 2012

UK GDP £385.5bn
    Average £/$ exchange rate £1.583
    Population 63.71m
    GDP per capita (USD per year) $38,310

----------

Q3 2012

UK GDP £388.4bn
    Average £/$ exchange rate $1.580
    Population 63.81m
    GDP per capita (USD per year) $38,460

----------

Q4 2012

UK GDP £395.4bn
    Average £/$ exchange rate $1.606
    Population 63.91m
    GDP per capita (USD per year) $39,740

----------

Q1 2013

UK GDP £398.0bn
    Average £/$ exchange rate $1.551
    Population 64.01m
    GDP per capita (USD per year) $38,570

----------

Q2 2013

GDP per capita (USD per year) $42,280

UK GDP £399.6bn
    Average £/$ exchange rate $1.536
    Population 64.11m
    GDP per capita (USD per year) $38,920

----------

Q3 2013

UK GDP £403.9bn
    Average £/$ exchange rate $1.550
    Population 64.21m
    GDP per capita (USD per year) $38,990

----------

Q4 2013

UK GDP £411.3bn
    Average £/$ exchange rate $1.618
    Population 64.31m
    GDP per capita (USD per year) $41,400

----------

Q1 2014

UK GDP £416.6bn
    Average £/$ exchange rate $1.655
    Population 64.41m
    GDP per capita (USD per year) $42,820

----------

Q2 2014

UK GDP £419.2bn
    Average £/$ exchange rate $1.683
    Population 64.51m
    GDP per capita (USD per year) $43,750

UK GDP per capita in year 2008 before the financial crisis was $37,021 according to the World Bank. Basically, living standard and GDP per capita also seem to be rising despite the fact that £ has been devalued on purpose in order to boost the export sectors and make the products more competitive.

UK borrowing rate has been decreasing and i also like to suggest you have a look at the current deficit and compare that to previous years since the beginning of financial crisis. You will be shocked and realised how high our deficit was and yes we have come through all the struggles for many years and the economy seems to be back on track again, showing stronger GDP growth than than other major advanced economies in the world and the unemployment rate also stands at 6.4% and expected to be around 6% shortly and this is really low compared to other countries in the Eurozone.

Our national debt is even lower than US, Japan, China, Germany, Italy and France. And among them, UK is the only country that has AAA+ Positive credit rating. But, we do have a tremendous and ridiculous private debt due to the nature of our population, structure of the economy, massive financial services, banking sectors, private loan companies and world's biggest financial centre. Any kind of debt does not really bother me nor it significantly affects my daily life anyway. I am not worried as long as we don't have very high volume of immigrants from Europe and the rest of the world who came here and struggle to find the jobs.

Credit rating by countries.
    [​IMG]

UK Human Development Index is also higher now compared to the the years during the crisis. But, a lot of work needs to be done in order to get back into top 10 group like before, whereas India is ranked 135th.

[​IMG]

Net government debt
    [​IMG]

Received Foreign Direct Investment
    [​IMG]

Top twenty countries with number of Forbes Global 2000 companies in 2014
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    santosh likes this.
  15. oikare

oikare Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    UK out from EU next year after home land poll!?

Right for me because many of catholics nation's will, no Spain I say, to have federation and that are communist in richer citizens. It never normal for many brittish humans because communist are old Soviet Union if I have right now and UK can poll away their from European Union. Many catholics will federation in EU. Never normal for many brittish humans. UK is not Poland how where communist in second war and they loose against stronger Nazi Germany. I say UK, Sweden, Spain, maybe Finland, maybe Romania and maybe Greece will no federation in EU and UK can voite next year in home land for outside EU.

UK have other interest >> communist in richer citizens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.