Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

UK proposes building future warships with India!!!!

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by Mr Hit Smith, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nirvana

Nirvana Major SENIOR MEMBER

Yes , Its a Worth Considering Joining this Project

Australia , Canada and Turkey are also been Invited to Join the Consortium....While Canada have Rejected the Project

We can Have Our Own Design and Specifications according to Our Needs and Govt can Hand this project over to Private Shipyards

[​IMG]

The Design By EADS Has Larger Flight deck so they can carry Chinooks

Some other Pics of the Concept

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. midgetman

midgetman 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

definitely worth investing in. this is set to be the most advanced frigate created to date. the Americans have no plan building frigates for a while, they are set to acquire next gen destroyers. the french future frigate isn't as good as this one, the Russians have the Gorshkov class frigate, but it will be the older design that this, and would have be built in Russia, not India. and the Chinese don't have anything like this planned either.. also, BAE, who is designing this ship, did an insane job with the type 45 destroyer. this ship will be built in India, if the project is undertaken. my only complain with this is that it should be built by a public sector shipyard, outsourcing defense to the private sector always leads to bad things.

3. midgetman

midgetman 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

noone sells nuclear sub tech, except the russians.. partly because they are desperate, and also b/c there has alwyas been a soviet/indian relationship.

4. jha

jha 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

If this deal does go through and L&T/Pipavav/ABG design this new gen. world class Frigate with BAE. What will be the preference of IN..?
    Shivalik Class order will continue or, will they favour this new design..? Will we field BRAHMOS + BARAK-8 on this one also ..? Will BAE outsource some modules of British Frigates to us for cost reduction..?
    And most importantly who will cover the cost escalations ..? Govt. or, Shipyard ..?

5. Dilemma

Dilemma Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I like the idea but I don't know how it is going to work out as India would want to put its own weapons and sensor package while the British would ask for their own. The different packages will call for some changes in the design. But overall, it will help the bring down the overall procurement cost for the British and will help India learn some cutting-edge warship building technologies. So its a win-win situation.

6. Mr Hit Smith

Mr Hit Smith 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

I think Deal is Lucrative but Indians (indigenous projects) are doing Good....it will be interesting to know if they will transfer All the tech ,take Indian Navy Inputs + what about other Indian Systems / Sensors Package. ??? :what:

7. Dilemma

Dilemma Captain SENIOR MEMBER

The initial design will be done jointly but as the ships will be made in their home countries, the countries can opt for their own weapons/sensor package.

For the IN ones the package will include: Barak-8 and Barak for air-defence, Brahmos 1/2 and Nirbhay as anti-ship and land-attack missiles, indigenously developed torpedoes, BEL EW suite and sonar, etc.

For RN: PAAMS, tomahawk, etc.

8. Shreeram

Shreeram 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Any news on this? I want this deal to go through! It will be a very good opportunity to create our own BAE Systems (Private contractors) And if that would be L&T I will be the happiest!

9. Abhishek_india

Abhishek_india REGISTERED

Not sure if this is gonna happen now that is becaz we chose rafale over EFT and UK's prime minister:crazy: got worked up about it and said tht they will stop donating 1Billion$ to india every year :blah: (from which most of the cash goes into NGO's i.e :terrorist:christian missionary pockets/salaries, our govt already told them many times to stop giving:meeting: but it is their policy to donate the places where they colonised:dumbhorse:)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  10. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    This deal will not happen as India to is facing capital problems right now

11. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    beleive me the capital will never be a problem as long as it is seen wat india will get in terms of ToT. if the deal is good and india gets its hand on advance tech, the deal will come through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.