Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

US NAVY attacks Syrian Airbase with Tomahawks

Discussion in 'Greater Asia & Middle East' started by Ankit Kumar 001, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Even Hitler did not stupe so low as to use gas bombs, but Russia and Syria does.

BON PLAN likes this.
  2. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    Spicer: Hitler didn’t use gas on his own people like Assad
    [​IMG]
    Christopher Wilson
    Editor

Yahoo NewsApril 11, 2017

Spicer says, ‘Someone as despicable as Hitler … didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons’
    Yahoo News Video
    White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday that Adolf Hitler didn’t use chemical weapons on his people in the same way Syria did in a recent gas attack on its Idlib province that killed more than 80 people, including children.

“We didn’t use chemical weapons in World War II,” said Spicer during his regular press briefing, addressing a question on the relationship between Russia and Syria. “You had someone as despicable as Hitler, who didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons.”

When asked to clarify that statement later in the briefing, Spicer expanded his response and the comparison to Hitler, causing an immediate burst of criticism on social media.

“I think when you come to sarin gas, he was not using the gas on his own people in the same way that Assad was doing,” said Spicer. “There was not — he brought them into the Holocaust center, I understand that — but I’m saying in the way [Syrian President Bashar Assad] used them, where he went into towns, to innocents, into the middle of towns. The use of it, I appreciate the clarification there, that was not the intent.”

Spicer clarified his comments in a statement to NBC News immediately following the briefing, at which time his name was a trending topic on Twitter due to the volume of posts on his remarks.

“In no way was I trying to lessen the horrendous nature of the Holocaust. However, I was trying to draw a contrast of the tactic of using airplanes to drop chemical weapons on innocent people,” Spicer said.

Minutes after that clarification, another version was issued to the White House pool affirming that Holocaust victims were also innocent: “In no way was I trying to lessen the horrendous nature of the Holocaust. I was trying to draw a distinction of the tactic of using airplanes to drop chemical weapons on population centers. Any attack on innocent people is reprehensible and inexcusable.”

The Nazis killed over 3 million people in their concentration camps, primarily using chemically manufactured carbon monoxide and Zyklon B, a cyanide-based pesticide.

President Trump cited the attack on Syria as the catalyst for his ordering the United States military to fire 59 cruise missiles at a Syrian air base.

3. YarS

YarS Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    He-he-he...First of all, my little ignorant friend, what do you know about isle Bari, cargo ship "John Harvey", Dec. 3, 1943 and death of 628 Anglosaxon soldiers and sailors, and uncounted number (but more 500) of Italian civilians? German Ju-88 had blasted British ship with american CW that cause this deaths. Was it a war crime? No.
    Second: terrorists are not somebodies citisens , or even humans. They are just animals, and not under protection of Law of War. Do you remember, what said great Rama, when kill King of Monkey, Mighty Balin (son of Indra and Ruksharadjra) from the ambush? He said: "Hunters always kill animals from the ambush - it is not feat and it is not infamy!" and add "Stupid monkey!" And Rama is an example of Dharma way, @vstol jockey can confirm it.
    So desinsectors use gases to kill insects, there are no crime or feat.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    vstol jockey likes this.
  4. YarS

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    And yes, do you have some proves about using of CW by Syrian forces or it is just your usual reasonless chattering and howling on the moon?

5. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    Childish and no way are you a Russian.

6. YarS

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    Ha! Of course it is childish - to ask Anglosaxon to prove his words. Actually I'm not seriouse, I know, that you have not, and can't have any proves. Mendacity - is your second name, insatiable avarice - is your values, impudence is your pattern.

Try to translate this, and then - welcome to the Russian Military Forum.

7. YarS

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    Let's watch some music video about american stile of protecting peaceful and innocent civilians.

And if somebody think, that there are no genocide in Mosul - they are mistaken.

8. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    Russians trying to 'cover up' what happened in Syria, US officials say
    Russia is trying to "cover up" what happened in the Syrian chemical attack that killed dozens of people, engaging in a campaign of “disinformation” and pointing to a “clear pattern of deflecting blame,” senior administration officials said.

In the wake of the attacks, Russia attempted to shift the blame, suggesting that a terrorist warehouse containing chemical weapons was struck during a Syrian airstrike. The Syrian government denied using chemical weapons.

“This is an opportunity for Russia to choose to stop their campaign of disinformation,” a senior administration official said in a clear shot across Russia’s bow, just before Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s meeting with his Russian counterpart.

Senior administration officials briefed reporters at the White House on Tuesday afternoon on newly declassified intelligence that they said disproves Russian claims that the Assad regime did not launch the chemical attack in northern Syria last week.

“We are very confident that terrorists or nonstate actors did not commit the attack,” a senior administration official said, noting that they do not have sarin, the nerve agent believed used in the attack.

According to the senior administration officials, the information declassified today shows that there is no evidence of an explosion but that there is evidence of leakage that occurs after chemical weapons are dropped.

“I think it’s clear that the Russians are trying to cover up what happened there,” one senior administration official said.

Rex Tillerson visits Moscow amid Syria conflict Play video
    It is unclear, however, if Syria still has chemical weapons.

“We take very seriously the possibility that Syria may have additional agents elsewhere,” an official said, pointing out that after a 2013 agreement, Syria “gave up a huge amount” and there was a “huge effort” to remove and destroy them.

The officials reiterated that the U.S. has not yet reached a conclusion about whether Russia knew in advance about the attack but noted the history of close cooperation between the two countries’ militaries.

“Considering the fact that there were Russian forces located with Syrian forces at the Syria airfield and, in addition to many other installations, many other Syrian regime installations around the country, we do think that it is a question worth asking the Russians — about how is it possible that their forces were located with the Syrian forces that planned, prepared and carried out this chemical weapon attack at the same installation and did not have foreknowledge?” the official said.

The officials detailed the body of evidence that last Tuesday’s attack utilized sarin, based on the hundreds of accounts of victims and symptoms consistent with the nerve agent.

The officials said that victims had miosis (constriction of the pupils), frothing at the mouth and nose and twitching and that secondary responders also showed symptoms and but no wounds suggesting a conventional attack.

In a detailed account of the attack, officials said Russian-made Su-22 fighter jets flying out of Syria's Shayrat air base were in the area of Khan Sheikhoun at the time of the attack, 6:55 a.m. on April 4, then left the area right afterward.

They added that personnel “historically associated with chemical weapons programs” were spotted at the air base in March for preparations and again on the day of the attack.

BON PLAN likes this.
  9. YarS

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    The Lamb and the Wolf
    by Aesop

[​IMG]
    wolf, lamb and the - ghost of its father?

A little lamb was quenching its thirst at a small stream. Further up the stream and thus closer to its well, a wolf was also drinking his fill. As soon as he caught sight of the little lamb, he cried:

“Why are you muddying the water that I want to drink?”

“How could that be possible?” replied the little lamb timidly. “I am standing down here and you so high up the stream. The water is flowing from you to me. Please believe me that it never crossed my mind to do something evil to you!”

“See! You are doing exactly what your father did six months ago. I remember very well that you were with him, too, but could make a lucky escape as I had his hide for his abuse!”

“Oh, mister!” begged the trembling little lamb, “I am but four weeks old and never even knew my father because he has been dead for so long. How could I atone for him?”

“You are an impudent one!” cried the wolf with feigned anger baring his teeth. “Dead or not, I surely know that your whole lineage hates me and for that I must take revenge.”

Without further ado, he tore apart the little lamb and wolfed it down.

The conscience stirs within the most evil villain; he seeks an excuse to sooth it when he commits his wickedness

Dagger likes this.
  10. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    One should follow Dharma with a person who follows Dharma. You should not show the respect to a terrorist or a "Adharmic" and fight them the way they fight you. On the intervening night of 15th-16th day in the Mahabharatha war, Lod Krishna had called Ghatotkach-Demon son of Bheem to strike kaurava camp at night. this was against the principles of war agreed to between the two armies that no one will attack each other at night. Lord Justified the act stating that kauravas had broken the rules while killing Abhimanyu and the rules of war between Aryans were not applicable to Demon vs Aryan war.

YarS likes this.
  11. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    It is clear to us the reign of the Assad family is coming to an end," Tillerson told reporters in Italy before departing for Moscow. "We hope that the Russian government concludes that they have aligned themselves with an unreliable partner in Bashar Al-Assad."

He said Russia had failed in its role as sponsor of a 2013 deal under which Assad promised to give up his chemical arsenal.

"These agreements stipulated Russia as the guarantor of a Syria free of chemical weapons," Tillerson said.

"It is unclear whether Russia failed to take this obligation seriously and whether Russia has been incompetent. But this distinction doesn't much matter to the dead. We can't let this happen again."

Tillerson heads to Moscow carrying Western call for Russia to abandon Assad
    [​IMG]
    By Steve Scherer and Andrew Osborn
    ReutersApril 11, 2017

12. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    U.S. intelligence indicates that the chemical agent in the attack was delivered by Syrian Su-22 aircraft that took off from the Shayrat airfield, according to a White House report given to reporters.

In a four-page document, the White House sought to rebut many of Moscow’s claims about the circumstances of the attack. It said the Syrian planes were in the vicinity of Khan Sheikhoun about 20 minutes before the attack and left shortly afterward.

"Additionally, our information indicates personnel historically associated with Syria's chemical weapons program were at Shayrat airfield in late March making preparations for an upcoming attack in northern Syria, and they were present at the airfield on the day of the attack," the report said.

Washington wants Russia to stop supporting Assad, who has been fighting a six-year-long civil war against mostly Sunni Muslim rebels, also with the backing of Shi'ite Muslim Iran.

layman likes this.
  13. BON PLAN

BON PLAN Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    France
    I agree with you, but :
    1) Russia will never leave its ally Assad. The Tartous base is very important for Russia...
    2) After the Iraki and Lybian exemple (ie : removing the non democratic top boss but with a long fall of the country in chaos), no one now want to see the same in Syria.

YarS likes this.
  14. Veeran

Veeran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    We share the same mind :)
    I dream of the day when Bharat drops CWs on the Anglo-Saxons.
    Foreget all the 'tolerant' commentators here.
    This is what most Bharatis believe.
    Worms deserve nothing better.
    They should be made an example.

YarS likes this.
  15. Veeran

Veeran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Do all Russians share the same passion when it comes to the Anglo-Saxons??
    I don't get it really.
    On one side there is literature portraying Russia as the 4th Reich or next Rome, etc.
    And on other side you show your dislike for the Anglo-Saxons.