Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

US NAVY attacks Syrian Airbase with Tomahawks

Discussion in 'Greater Asia & Middle East' started by Ankit Kumar 001, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Dagger

Dagger 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Dunno what is your bone with the Anglo saxons in general. Mostly pretty decent ppl. Lol at "this is what most bharatis believe". Propaganda has its limits. 90% like the west. Heck , they prolly want to go emigrate there. Our current govt has got a soft spot for Israel and the RepublicanParty of America. Both of them are the poster boys of the AngloSaxon world. Propaganda of mass murder with bluster. Enjoy your day bub.
    Never heard of Indian refering to himself as Bharati.
    Edit: Thought u were a pakistani false flagger before checking your post history.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  2. Veeran

Veeran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    You questioned my nationality.
    Well if I have to explain to you what is the 'bone' of a Bharavarsha against the Anglo-Saxons, I'll have to question your nationality.

About people emigrating,
    Well you see, there are those traitor families who helped the british, and also certain communities (like the Sikhs who were prime cannon fodder for the British), and then there are the shameless (anum-penum ketta vargam - shikandi; neither male nor female) among us. It is mostly them. And they do not represent Bharatvarsha. They are the bastard Bharatvarsha. They do not have the right t recognize themselves as Bharatvarsha if they can live with the people who killed and looted their ancestors. I hate those people even more than the Anglo-Saxons themselves.

3. Dagger

Country Flag:
    India
    Oh.. I hate the pre independence Britishers with a venom.. But I am more ashamed that our country people fell for those charlatans. As you said, they beat us with armies filled by Indians. But they are all long dead and there is no battle to be had with them. If you are talking about the Western Government wars. Well most people don't want to interfer anywhere. They had to lie about WMDs and show media propaganda about huge suffering to swing their opinions for launching a war. What I am trying to say is.. I hate many Govt policies of the west, particularly support for pakistan in wars,Iraq war, syria missile bombs, kissing upto the Sauds, etc. But The common people over there are pretty decent humans.

Truth still is, most Indians have the west as a nice place to emigrate, visit, even emulate .

4. Veeran

Veeran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    You are sick.
    The American nation was created by invading and killing of their indigenous races.
    They are doing the exact same thing today also.
    And you are justifying them??

If they are so changed, then let them first vacate the nations and go back to England.
    Then I'll think.
    But instead we have the same lecturing and justification for what they did.
    They are descendants of criminals.
    And are criminals.

5. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    :achmed:OKAY!!!

6. Dagger

Country Flag:
    India
    Well , lets agree to differ at this point.
    Apologies for offtopic mods. kinda related :happy:

layman likes this.
  7. Veeran

Veeran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    The generation of british/portugese/dutch were also very well behaved.
    They came as beggers asking for trade.
    We pitied and let them.
    The rest is history.

So, behavior does not beget ulterior motivations.

8. Dagger

Country Flag:
    India
    We are talking about different things. You are talking about their historic govts, orgns and their present govts policies.
    I am talking about the common people I have met reading blogs and on trips.
    I wouldn't want to be associated with Nehrus policies, but still an Indian. There is a difference man.
    Create another thread. I will be there to discuss in greater detail.

layman likes this.
  9. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Syria war: US says 'low point' of Russia ties cannot continue

[​IMG]Image copyrightEPA
    Image captionMr Lavrov (R) said he had questions for Mr Tillerson over the "very ambiguous" US policies
    US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson says ties with Russia are at a low point and must improve.

After two hours of talks with President Vladimir Putin and Foreign Secretary Sergei Lavrov in Moscow, he said that the "two foremost nuclear powers cannot have this relationship".

Although there was some "common ground" on Syria, "broad differences" remained.

Mr Lavrov said the two sides needed to overcome "time-bomb issues" inherited from Barack Obama's administration.

Tensions have risen since a suspected chemical attack on the rebel-held Syrian town of Khan Sheikhoun last week that left 89 people dead.

The US and its allies blamed the Syrian government, and the US fired 59 cruise missiles at Syria's Shayrat airbase in response.

Syria denied carrying out the chemical attack and has the support of its main ally, Russia.
    Both Mr Tillerson and Mr Lavrov said the discussions were frank.

Mr Tillerson said: "I expressed the view that the current state of US-Russia relations is at a low point. There is a low level of trust between our two countries."

He added: "We need to put an end to the steady degradation."

Mr Lavrov said a pragmatic conversation was needed to remove the "irritants that piled up under the Obama administration".

Both ministers said there was agreement on working towards a stable and unified Syria, and in defeating so-called Islamic State and other terrorist groups.

Both agreed to work towards an international investigation of the chemical attack.

But it was obvious there were many differences.

[​IMG]Image copyrightEPA
    Image captionThe latest strain on ties follows the suspected chemical attack in Khan Sheikhoun
    Mr Tillerson said there was clear evidence that the recent chemical attack "was planned, directed and executed by Syrian regime forces".

He said the reign of Bashar al-Assad must end and that Donald Trump's description of the Syrian president as "an animal" was "a characterisation President Assad has brought on himself".

Mr Lavrov said there was no evidence Syria was behind the chemical attack and pointed to the turmoil that had been brought to other nations when leaders had been removed.

He also said Russia would veto a draft UN Security Council resolution by the US, UK and France requiring the Syrian government to co-operate with an investigation into the chemical attack.

It would be "counter-productive to have a UN resolution that would legitimise the accusations against Damascus", he said.

[​IMG]Image copyrightAFP
    Image captionThe US retaliatory strike on Syria's Shayrat airbase angered Russia
    There was little concrete to come from the meeting, although Mr Putin said he was ready to restore the US-Russia air safety agreement over Syria, and Mr Tillerson said there would be working groups set up on smaller issues.

Ahead of the meeting, Mr Lavrov said Russia had "a lot of questions regarding very ambiguous and contradictory ideas... coming from Washington".

Afterwards he said "we understand each other better" and there were "many prospects for co-operation with the US".

He said there were "certain time-bomb issues inherited from the previous administration - we know to overcome these obstacles we have to make efforts and that the Americans must move towards us as well".

'Where is the proof?'
    Earlier, the US and Russian presidents revealed the wide gulf between them over Syria.

Referring to Mr Assad in a Fox Business Network interview, Mr Trump said: "Frankly, Putin is backing a person that's truly an evil person... if Russia didn't go in and back this animal, you wouldn't have a problem right now."

Speaking on Mir television, Mr Putin rejected allegations that Syria was behind the chemical attack, saying Syria had given up its chemical stockpile.

He said: "Where is the proof that Syrian troops used chemical weapons? There isn't any."

Referring to the US air strike, he said: "But there was a violation of international law. That is an obvious fact."

And despite hopes that US-Russia ties would improve under a Trump presidency, Mr Putin said: "One could say that the level of trust on a working level, especially on the military level, has not improved, but rather has deteriorated."

Source

Dagger likes this.
  10. YarS

YarS Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    He-he-he! Just for lulz read this "document".
    http://imgur.com/a/W4zQx
    Really, guys, it's a misery. When I was a supernumerary clerc in our company, even a standard investigation about occasional brawl without victims and/or damage were much more seriouse.

11. Veeran

Veeran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    You mean common people like @BMD who is lecturing me about Briitsh rule in another thread?
    http://indiandefence.com/threads/le...s-still-holding-india-back.59851/#post-550545

12. YarS

YarS Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Russian Federation
    Russians are very different. If we are speaking about political spectrum, there are even pro-West parties (they have less that 5% of votes, so it is "non-system opposition"). In this minority most also don't like anglo-saxons, but like France, German, Spain, Italy, Sweden... So, political anglofiles are minority in minority, but I have read few pro-American books and one pro-British article (for last twenty years).
    On the cultural side, picture is different. Many of Russians know English (it is most popular foreign language), many like Anglosaxon literature, movies, music, etc...
    But cultural treasures what we get, we usually transform very much. For example, most popular translation of Harry Potter (magic boy) are books about Tanya Grotter (magic girl).

Sorry, brother, but Third Rome. And 4th Rome will never exist. It is not dogma, only theologumena.

We can see difference between bees and honey. Somebody can like honey, but hate bees.
    Anglo-saxons are cruds, but some of their books, music, movies are pretty good.

Veeran likes this.
  13. Veeran

Veeran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Makes sense.

But they are more imitation and lacks substance.
    We Indians hate fakeness and fake people.
    Their movies are all adopted concepts which they shamelessly plaglrise.
    For us movies like Intersteller, Inception, Matrix all have common theme of Vedic knowledge.
    And when we see these movies, we see the attempt to fake things.
    We don't like such people.

Maybe because you are Russian you get to think of their literature as original works.
    But when we read them, we see fakeness, because we have already known them in other ways.
    And we loathe people who are ungratefful to a teacher or the source of their knowledge.
    I'm not being hateful.
    It is Indian character.
    See, we have the opposite character.
    You can see it in us keeping all knowledge free - Like Yoga, Avyurveda, Vedas (this is a censored knowledge and for good reason).
    And when we see them taking all these and patenting them or portraying them like they created them or own them, we feel disgusted.
    It is very obvious to us.
    And what makes it more disgusting is the length they go to make it happen.
    This is the reason Indians do not marry any Anglo-Saxon no matter how rich or fancy they present themselves as.
    Because people of such