Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

US Secy of State Rex Tillerson's India visit: Updates

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by Gessler, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
  2. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Ask them.

3. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    THAAD and SM-3 have barely failed a single intercept up to IRBM and SM-3 shot down a satellite moving at 10km/s.

They didn't because the stakes weren't high enough. Now the risk of not doing something outweighs the risks of doing something. Especially if fat-Kim starts polluting the air and oceans with open-air tests.

That's what you said though. You think NK is better than SK. Let that stand for the record. $1k/capita is better than $30k/capita and Communist dictatorship is better than capitalist democracy in your eyes.

4. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Higher stakes. Now NK has the means to deliver the warheads and is developing the infinitely more destructive H-bomb. The can's been kicked down the road long enough.

Err... yes there is. A country that openly threatens and preaches 'death to America' developing thermonuclear warheads and ICBMs. The only other option is nuclear tipped MRBMs/IRBMs in SK and Japan to rebalance the region.

Yep, and China will love that, and Russia will see it as NATO bypassing the INF treaty.

I would present China with the option of a) regime change in NK, or b) nuclear tipped Pershing II-style MRBMs/IRBMs in SK and Japan with pin-point accuracy that are within sub-10 minute strike range of key targets in both NK and China.

5. Agent_47

Country Flag:
    India
    Nukes are called deterrent because its relevance diminishes once its used. A single use then the state of NK will part of history, period. I don't have time to explain technical complexity of a nuclear device or the carrier (ballistic missile). Its not a grenade that you can throw and hid behind bushes. With the deployment of anti ballistic missiles it only get complicated. If its intercepted then it will be considered as an attack and here too NK will be over. The only reason a dictator do anything is to be remaining in power. So, In short, 95% of the time can only threaten the use.

"suspicion" ? Care to explain what that is? I can list ten countries which kim jong can have a problem before us. It will never comes to that because of the first point, NK will be part of the history by then.

6. The enlightened

The enlightened Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Missile defence has to work every time. Best Korea has to work once.

Million people dead, capital city flattened and nuked, are stakes high enough. The stakes have increased only for US which now fears, unlike some here that Best Korea nukes can knock some of their important cities out. For South Korea, it's the same equation.

Pollution from nuclear test is trivial compared to billions of tons of air pollution from burning biomass which kills millions of people every year, yet some people seem fine with that.

Best Korea FTW:BVICTORY:

7. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Nope. You can fire multiple cheaper ABMs at one larger, more expensive nuclear missile.

Nope. Those would be the stakes if Kim was allowed to develop a fusion warhead and the technology to deliver it successfully. Hence, it's time to act now, while fission warheads can only reach Alaska at best, assuming they're not shot down, which they will be.

Oh sure it is, Mr. Pro Everything Nuclear. Nothing like releasing radioactive debris into the oceans and air.

8. The enlightened

The enlightened Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

No. You can fire hundreds of cheap decoys to lure out the few $10 mn missiles out before striking with the real thing.

Cheap artillery can already do that. Seoul is just 35 miles from the border. Nuclear simply adds the exclamation point. !

Thousands of open air tests conducted. How many dead? People used to and still live close to several test sites. Contrast with millions dying every year. You are pro death. Shame Shame.

vstol jockey likes this.
  9. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Cheap decoy ballistic missiles? Now I've heard everything. Cheap decoy warheads in MIRV missiles maybe but cheap ballistic missiles LOL.

Which provides the emphasis to get rid of Kim.

https://www.ctbto.org/nuclear-testi...al-overview-of-theeffects-of-nuclear-testing/
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4165831/
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...test-can-last-decades/?utm_term=.fa1f2b43110c

10. InfoWarrior

InfoWarrior Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I don't think you even understood anything I said, let me educate you. Nukes have been used in history Hiroshima & Nagasaki. If Hitler or Gaddafi had nukes, they would have used it. When a dictator or a state is being invaded and their survival is under threat. Dictator will use nukes to their maximum effect, to make an example before he dies. And if he has a grudge against any country, he might that country as well.

So if US invades NK or tried to do some misadventure, NK dictator feels his life and regime is about to end. He will use nukes. Dictators act very differently than a democracy, he will just select the targets based upon his feelings.

11. Agent_47

Country Flag:
    India
    Your example fits in to kindergartner fights. From a perspective of a small kid expecting to be beaten up by fat kid. Not in actual wars. As i said nukes or BMs are not an easy thing to use or hide. Its so easy to eliminate them if US is striking first. On the first day of war threat of nukes will 90% eliminated. Remaining TELs will be a threat to parties direcly involved in the conflict not to India. Try reading the history of conflicts or how foreign policy work on ground not saas bahu serials.

Don't be gullible to every propaganda and fear mongering you read. NK is not going to nuke India!.

12. InfoWarrior

Country Flag:
    India
    Read up on some history of warfare in that part.

Korea War Seen Killing Up to 300,000 Even Without Nukes
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ct-could-kill-300-000-within-days-report-says

How the Korean War Almost Went Nuclear

Read more at http://www.airspacemag.com/military...t-went-nuclear-180955324/#gSAZXFSiDjH4w60T.99

North Korea: What happened in the Korean War? Why is Kim Jong-Un so angry at the USA?
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...r-why-Kim-Jong-Un-hate-USA-Donald-Trump-South

India should not stand for any US agenda in NK. Just pure humanitarian work to limit their cooperation with Pakistan.

13. Agent_47

Country Flag:
    India
    Have you read what you posted? Your argument and links don't correlate. And who said we are serving US agenda?, I was arguing the opposite. We would be fully supporting US if there is any possibility of direct NK nukes on us. Be consistent atleast to your initial point.

14. InfoWarrior

Country Flag:
    India
    The original title, of the thread, on which I commented, which you merged into this thread.
    merge threads along with title next time. :angry:. I was consistent all along.

India-North Korea ties could act as conduit for communications: Rex Tillerson
    Read more at:
    //economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/61268389.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

First US asks us to shut down our embassy, then trying to make India an agent(conduit).

15. Agent_47

Country Flag:
    India
    I didn't merge any thread here. Even so, your original thread only supports my argument by choosing not to close embassy and provides no evidence to your naive fear mongering of impending NK nuke attack on India!.