Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

US woman attacked with blade on Mumbai local train

Discussion in 'Internal Affairs' started by Marqueur, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    A 28-year-old American national travelling from Churchgate was assaulted and attacked with a blade by an unknown person inside a suburban railway train near Marine Lines on Sunday.

The victim, Michel Mark, who works with an NGO, was on her way home at Goregaon and had boarded the ladies first-class compartment, said officials. An unknown person is believed to have stepped inside at Marine Lines railway station and snatched her iphone, according to B N Shirsat, deputy commissioner of police, Western Railway.

"When she resisted, the accused slashed her... using a small blade hidden inside his fingernail, the kind often used by pickpockets," said Shirsat. Mark received four stitches in the forearm, Government Railway Police (GRP) officials said.

The accused disembarked at Charni Road, according to Mark's statement to the police.

She was alone in the compartment at the time of the attack and there was no GRP constable inside the train, an official confirmed.

"She got down at Grant Road and called for help but no one came forward. Passengers of second class compartment later accompanied her to the stationmaster's room at Mumbai Central," said Rajendra Trivedi, senior police inspector, GRP.

A complaint of robbery under Section 394 of the IPC has been filed.

US woman attacked with blade on Mumbai local train - Indian Express

2. kiwi1988

kiwi1988 FULL MEMBER

Thats one hell of a small blade, let him have the iphone they are cheap in the states.

3. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    what the hell !!!

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

4. cyphercide

cyphercide FULL MEMBER

Pickpockets employ such small blades to cut(literally) out your pocket without you realizing it.

5. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Nail this lunatic, whoever carried out this assault.

6. Soumya

Soumya Major STAR MEMBER

Cut that ba$tards penis with that blade.

7. kiwi1988

kiwi1988 FULL MEMBER

Well at least its better than a gun in your face.

I still got to admit its clever

1 person likes this.
  8. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Guys rage is not gonna help. Root cause has to sorted first. Fixing with a bandage for cancer will never work.

9. Rock n Rolla

Rock n Rolla Lt. Colonel STAR MEMBER

The motive was stealing & when she resisted it turned into an attack. Pickpockets will always be there, however their numbers can be brought down, with more RPF personnel on trains & stations.

Seems RPF needs to do a lot more...

10. tunguska

tunguska Major SENIOR MEMBER

Can American people travel in Mumbai Local trial? I mean I find quite difficult for me to travel in Local train. And American are not habitual with this kind of environment in their country at railways station. One time – I had to go from bhayander to goregaon. Some of friends say let us go all together in train. We reach the station. But we all could not able to board the train like local do. Continuously, 5 trains passed but I could not able to board the train due to crowd. Then I take AUTO. I change two time Auto and reached there.

Though lunatic must be caught and punishment needed to given.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  11. kiwi1988

kiwi1988 FULL MEMBER

Damn that's sad, seems like abuse towards women is a huge problem. I don't know of another country that would women only except for Muslim countries.

12. layman

Country Flag:
    United States
    Each and every country has its gender rigths issues. In India it is amplified because of sheer population. Nothing more.

13. kiwi1988

kiwi1988 FULL MEMBER

I think its collective attitude that highlights or overshadows issues. Women in general don't report crimes against them regardless of race creed or colour.

14. layman

Country Flag:
    United States
    That is pretty much it. As of due to sheer volume of gender even if 1% is reported it makes a lot of difference.

15. kiwi1988

kiwi1988 FULL MEMBER

Reporting is a great step but law reform (courts) and a law enforcement sector must also step up and move with changing needs. This is also a need in most countries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.