Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

UTTAM Aesa Radar prepped for integration on LCATejas

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by lca-fan, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Inactive

Inactive Guest

LOL

Nope. I am an Indian first and last. I support even the village idiot when he talks of India ....:india:

I have addressed this Question elsewhere earlier too. I do not follow blindly :smiley-kissing-ass.. that is all:biggthumpup:

On topic: What I have written is from what is happening on ground. You can cross check.

2. A_poster

A_poster Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Talent exist in Quantum, not in continuum. You do not need only a 10 CGPA from IIT to do the job; a student with CGPA of 7 would also do the same job, even better if he like it/has aptitude for it. Most people who join DPSU's do it because work is interesting with decent benefits. You do not necessarily need people who chase high paying software jobs in order for MIC ecosystem to flourish.

And yes government is pressuring Military to accept weapons ,and is doing so openly, because if it does not, by the time the weapon has its FoC, it would become obsolete due to bureaucratic inertia. You could never be fully ready; you need to do things anyway.

BlackOpsIndia and dadeechi like this.
  3. ranadd

ranadd 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Think what?

4. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I agree with you in part but you have created a rather arbitary measure there. The NDA has done more than what you have proposed, the new DPP (albeit missing the SP clause thus far) favours Indian designed equipment massively (IDDM), it has also handing out hundreds of licences to local private entities, the UPA had handed out but a handful during their entire 10 year rule. The very fact that the DM personally moniters the LCA project (on a monthly basis), signed the deal for 83 MK.1A and also saw the PC-7 MK.2 follow-on deal scrapped in fsvour of the HTT-40 does highlight a signifcant change in approach and one that is going to produce success.

On top of that, new offset policies (where implementation is very closely monitered) has seen more local industry reaping benefits and the fact that more deals have been signed under the NDA (UPA barely signe dany deals) means there are more offsets coming to India and more opportunities for local players.

So by favouring Indian equipment and creating an greater ease of doing business the industry has taken a considerable step foreward in the last 2-3 years, no doubt about it.

Can't look past the fact that under NDA LCA's outsourcing to private players has increased from 45-65% (projected by mid-2017), a pretty indicitive measure of success IMHO.

5. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

I don't know how far Uttam is in the development curve. But that part about using LSP 2 is correct.

Yes, major changes have happened. Private companies have become bullish. And imports have reduced significantly. Parrikar's aim is to reduce imports to only 35% of the procurement budget before his term is over. When he came into office, it was 70%. His goal is to reduce 5-10% every year, so far it's working.

6. Sathya

Sathya Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

I thought Pilatus follow on order or 30 odd were exercised..
    Are you talking about further orders that Air Force wanted ?

7. Inactive

Inactive Guest

@AbRaj @kaku

stop derailing the thread ....

@ranadd

You will be banned next time you deliberately bait members. Be very clear on that aspect. No one cares if you had a little or a tubful of scotch. DO NOT DERAIL THE THREAD!

8. kaku

kaku Major Technical Analyst

Okey boss.

Inactive likes this.
  9. dadeechi

dadeechi Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    My primary point was the fruits of policies always lag the implementation of the policies. So whatever policies MP is implementing now would most likely bear fruits during the next government. The fruits that we are seeing now are based on the polices of the past government.

10. BlackOpsIndia

BlackOpsIndia Developers Guild Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    You mean 50 year old fruit of Tejas that was fully planned to be finished(terminated)?

dadeechi likes this.
  11. dadeechi

Country Flag:
    India
    So you think that the project was running for 50 years with no political and financial support? Amazing ...

12. BlackOpsIndia

Country Flag:
    India
    Political financial support from Rahul baba family business or imported from Italy? Its taxpayers money and they were elected to use it wisely and not become king and let the sycophants have field day(read bandar bant). They cant kill it for sure due to public backlash but they made sure its never worthy enough in time that it can stop imported items kick back thereby creating illusion of it failed itself.

Intent is exposed clearly in Agusta Westland Helicopter scam, too.

AbRaj likes this.
  13. dadeechi

Country Flag:
    India
    That is the problem with people who have blind faith and/or with agenda..

First people tried to attribute the years of hard-work and fruits of those efforts of the scientists to the incumbent BJP government.

When I pointed out the fallacy of such an argument, now you say that the 50 years of funding of such projects came from Indian tax payers (which I fully agree) not from the pockets of Congress.

But you should also remember that it is the Tax payers who are funding RAFALEs and MK1A...... The funds are not coming from the pockets of BJP either...

Abingdonboy likes this.
  14. BlackOpsIndia

Country Flag:
    India
    Yeah bla bla bla, the moment congressi supporters or lefites cant find answer they start either quoting some pathetic line or start calling name, is that all you got? Questions others credibility instead of answering? Pathetic.

Did you even read what I said? or just started wondering in your la la land to paint me of some particular ideology and forgot to read?

The funds are not coming from BJP pockets but they are using them optimally, getting the maximum out for my country and the most important thing funds are "not going" into BJP leaders pockets.

This is not monarchy or oligarchy though it became like one and enslaved lot of people for many many decades. There is a reason why that lot cant see beyond a family and even after committing the most heinous crime of looting from the poor and keeping the poor more poor and wasting time in aiyasshi people still got the audacity to tell others are from different ideology.

You must be thankful its our non violent way of life, other wise an imported queen will hacked to death for being super PM yet letting those billions and billions $ of corruption scandal while a significant portion of population sleep hungry. Around population of Pakistan to be exact, we top in everything when it comes to poverty.

Abingdonboy, Schwifty and dadeechi like this.
  15. dadeechi

Country Flag:
    India
    I never called anyone any names. It is not my problem if one concluded it that way and display ones guilt...

Now you want to deflect the topic at hand by bringing in poverty of India... Good going ...