Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Uttar Pradesh shames nation with five rape cases in 48 hours

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Hembo, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hembo

Hembo OLD MOD STAR MEMBER

Uttar Pradesh shames nation with five rape cases in 48 hours

I don't want to post the content of the articles here. What's wrong with these morons?? They need to be castrated like dogs.... I'm really pissed off after reading the BBC article below. What's wrong with these fukcing men:

21 June 2011 Last updated at 05:05 GMT
    Indian girl raped and murdered in Uttar Pradesh

A 12-year-old girl has been raped and killed in India's Uttar Pradesh state, police say, the latest in a series of brutal attacks on women there.

Her body was found in sugarcane fields, police said. She was gagged and had blood stains on her clothes.

This is the fifth violent attack on women and girls in the state in a week.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  2. rai_kamal

rai_kamal FULL MEMBER

It's not surprising.The people there do select the politician of their cast so they will have to pay for it...:tdown:

3. Osamaziadxb

Osamaziadxb REGISTERED

Very Sad Indeed.
    Countries from all over the world fighting for small causes. We need to solve these kind of Issues. Like Women rights,child abuse..etc

4. Hembo

It seems we have not seen the end of hell house, i.e., UP: :tdown:
    --------------

Teenage daughter of CRPF jawan raped in UP, commits suicide
    NDTV Correspondent, Updated: June 21, 2011 13:18 IST

Bagpat, Uttar Pradesh: The horror of rape continues in Uttar Pradesh with a fresh incident coming to light in the Bagpat district in the state.

The 17-year-old daughter of a CRPF jawan committed suicide today morning after being raped by her friend's relatives.

The incident occurred last evening when the deceased had gone to her friend's home for sewing classes. Two of her friend's brothers present there allegedly raped her.

The body has been sent for post-mortem and the report is expected this evening.

This is the eighth such incident of rape in the state in the last 48 hours.

5. JanjaWeed

JanjaWeed Captain SENIOR MEMBER

law & order situation in UP is on the breaking point!! This is where you need centre's intervention to make sure that one of it's states doesn't get out of hand!! then again..our central govt is too busy in fighting their own battle..

6. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

No BSP fan. But have the rapes abated in Delhi? NO. Only UP has got the limelight NOW. Timing is suspect and seems to be on a cue from the Congi.

But come down to earth. Can any govt stop such crimes? Is it possible to post a cop every 50 M? Fact is crimes cannot be stopped. There can be a punishment, yes, but our courts are not prepared to do that.

1 person likes this.
  7. ek_indian

ek_indian Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

^^^^

I hailing from UP, actually agree with rcscwc's view. True the incidents are shameul and guilty would be punished as per law. However, the timing or the sudden media limelight is indeed matter of suspicion.

Moreover I still do not buy the arguement that law&order on verge of collapse. The situation was worse in Mulayam raj and everyone knows it. The entire ho-halla seems to have some sort of political touch.

8. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    look mate this situation was bound to happen. our policemen have become defunct. the level of intellect of policemen is really low. u must have urself seen their discipline. they only know how to serve the polititcal masters.

9. Hembo

C'mon man!! What media limelight? Eight incident in 48 hrs, and you expect it to swept under the carpet?

I agree that Delhi is also equally unsafe, if not more.

That does not mean we should not condemn these from the depth of our heart and curse the perverts to their grave.. And suggesting political hand in these social evils sounded more like the famous conspiration theorist from our western neighbor.

10. Hembo

Refer to my reply to Ek Indian above in post#9.

I'm sure, places like Kerala, Bangalore etc also does not post a cop every 50 meter. But why is it that thrushinh women right is more common in places like UP, Delhi etc? Something to do with the men's mentality I'm sure. Employing cops is not the solution, but changing Male Chauvinism sure will reduce it a lot.

AFA, prosecution goes, the less we talk about it is better. :hitwall: :hitwall: :hitwall:

11. ek_indian

ek_indian Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

As I said the incidents are really shameful and there should be strictiest possible punishment for guilty persons. There is no doubt about it.

I am just wondering about a "particular" section of media highlighting an issue when same standard was not followed for other. I was not doubting "other" hand in incidents. I was suspicious about the way it is projected. Having said all these, it is state govt responsibility to implemet law and order and Mayawati (BSP) should be held accountable for any detoriation in that area.

12. JanjaWeed

JanjaWeed Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I understand your sentiments. But two wrongs don't make a right my friend! End of the day there shouldn't be any compromise on law & order situation whether it's in UP or any other indian state for that matter. Yes!! media spotlight on UP has been more than any other states off late when it comes to negetive publicity & i do believe full well that this has nothing to do with the outpouring sympathy towards the people of UP, but to show loyalty towards a particular political establishment. Having said that.. it doesn't mean we should let these henious events taking place in UP go unnoticed. There is a law & order situation & it's getting out of hand! politicians & media will try to politicise this & as a common man.. we shouldn't fall into their trap by trying to say two wrongs makes it right!!

13. Hembo

Yes, the jokers of our politicians, be it in power or opposition, will try to politicize each and every possible issue. Coz that's what they can do!! :hitwall: :hitwall:

I'm not at all interested in the political aspect of it, rather the social aspect (reason) of it.

What scares me most is the alarming rate at which some men commits these kind of heinous crimes and at times gets away with it. I am just wondering, why these happens in relative abundance in certain part of our country and why some people are indifferent to it??

14. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

It was hellish under Laloo in Bihar.

15. Kronus

Kronus Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Mayawati announces measures to tackle attacks on women

Under attack by the Opposition over rape incidents in Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Mayawati has called a high-level meet of state officials on June 27 and also announced amendments to the Criminal Procedure Code making harsher provisions for the guilty.

“Keeping in view incidents of rape and other crimes against women, my government has decided to effect some important amendments in the CrPC,” Ms. Mayawati told reporters here.

She said section 437 and 439 of the CrPC would be amended to ensure the trial is completed within six months and the cases of assault will be made non-bailable.

“Provision will be made that the accused does not get bail till the time he is proved innocent,” she said.

Ms. Mayawati said that an ordinance to this effect was being forwarded to the governor.

Ms. Mayawati said a state-level meeting of police and administrative officers has been called on June 27 in the state capital.

“I myself will chair the meeting...directives will be issued to launch a month long campaign at all police stations,” she said.

Ms. Mayawati admitted to laxity on the part of police and administration as being responsible for the incidents to an extent.

Slamming those critical of her, she said: “The opposition parties instead on indulging into dirty politics should tell people about misdeeds of such people and create awareness among them to develop good culture in characterless people“.

The U.P. Chief Minister alleged that opposition parties, with an eye on the state assembly election, were trying to defame the government in some cases.

“In Lakhimpur incident, opposition parties and even the Centre made all out efforts to defame the government.

Facts which have emerged during inquiry is entirely different from the statements given by the opposition parties,” she claimed.

“Whatever allegations have been levelled are baseless and far from facts. The inquiry is going on and the findings will be made public soon,” she added.

Citing recent cases of crime, Mayawati said not only prompt action was taken and accused arrested, but action was also taken against police personnel if laxity was detected on their part.

Citing NCRB data she said that rate of rape cases was very low as compared to Congress and BJP—ruled states in the country.

“An effort is being made to create a picture that maximum crime against women were taking place in UP, which is baseless,” she said.

“While rate of rape cases in UP is 0.9 per cent, it is 1.4 in AP, 5.3 in Assam, 4 in Chhattisgarh, 4.2 in MP and 2.6 in Delhi,” she claimed.

“As far as statement by SP leaders is concerned, people have not forgotten its goondaraj and atrocities. They have no moral right to raise fingers,” she said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.