Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Want to take my kids to Peshawar: Shah Rukh Khan

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by omya, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omya

omya Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    [​IMG]
    Superstar Shah Rukh Khan wants to take his children -- Aryan, Suhana and AbRam -- to Peshawar, where his family hails from.

Shah Rukh, who was in the capital to be a part of Agenda Aajtak conclave, did not refuse the request of Former Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar to visit Pakistan and said he would love to go back to the place again where his father took him when he was too young.

"My family is from Peshawar and few of them still live there. I would love to come to Peshawar and bring my children over because my father took me when I was 15. Then he passed away. I still have some of the greatest memories of the time I spent with my father in Peshawar, Karachi and Lahore. I just wish that I could take my children there someday," he said.

Shah Rukh was born in India but his father Taj Mohammed Khan, who was one of the youngest freedom fighters, was from Peshawar.

The 'Chennai Express' star also praised the warm hospitality of the people from across the border.

"The one thing that I learnt from there is that people there are very warm. They know how to greet their guest. I have learnt the art of loving and welcoming people from them," he said.

Shah Rukh feels that the tension between the two countries should reduce and they again become friends.

"I hope that we become friends and be like a family because if we come together than we have the greatest of things for each other," he added.

Shah Rukh, 48, who recently became a father of AbRam, born through surrogacy, said the six-month-old baby is fine now and has got dimples like him.

"AbRam is very much healthy. He is a good-looking baby and has got dimples. I and Gauri (wife) decided to go for a third child because we were missing the childhood of our kids. My son is 16 and daughter is 13 and they always lock themselves up in their room with their friends. So, we decided to have a third child and keep Gauri busy with the new born," he added.

Source

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  2. omya

omya Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    sharukh khan - successful jihadi
    objectives he have achieved
    1. love jihad. check
    2. earn love from other religions. check
    3. show love to pakdi people. check

a true terrorist sharukh :pleasantry:

1 person likes this.
  3. Vyom

Vyom Captain IDF NewBie

:dude: meh...

4. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    what is the fuss ... if he want to visit Pak he should ... actor hai koe politician thodi hai !!!

5. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Once the security situation is clear, Indians are welcome to visit Pak.

If it's one thing we're known for, it's the hospitality for tourists.

6. AccessDenied

AccessDenied Captain SENIOR MEMBER

If Peshawaris understand and appreciate genuinely good cinema, they will cold shoulder him. Have you seen 'Don' the remake (if you haven't, you have saved 3 and a half hours of your life)? The film literally infuriated me and since then I can't tolerate this overhyped-overcelebrated 'actor' whose acting range barely stretches as wide as the thickness of a malnourished person's pubic hair (although the same is applicable to most bollywood actors).:troll:

2 people like this.
  7. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    come on guys, he just wants to visit a certain place

1 person likes this.
  8. Jungibaaz

I'm afraid not. Tourist is a tourist for us, I reckon all Pakistanis will treat the ordinary, common man tourist, equally if not better than they'd treat actors etc.

1 person likes this.
  9. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    don't you have exams going on, don't make me ban you :angry:
    go study, you can troll as much as you want once its over :yes:

1 person likes this.
  10. AccessDenied

Treat him good as a tourist. But PLEASE, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE DON'T GLORIFY HIM AS AN 'ACTOR', a 'superstar' or master-entertainer maybe, but NOT an 'ACTOR'. To me he is a symbol of the BS culture of catering to the lowest common denominator prevalent in the intellectual elite throughout the entire sub-continent.

4 people like this.
  11. water_land_air

water_land_air 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

True. it is a very bitter truth. I agree with what you said... but do not expect most people on this site to agree.

he says "the art of loving and welcoming from across the border" but for whom and for a select few people of which religion???
    what percentage of Pakistani populace is warm and welcoming to people of any religion from India or from anywhere in the world???

everybody knows the facts but they will live in denial of the very bitter truth.

3 people like this.
  12. Jungibaaz

In India, my observation of famous people is putting them on a platform and giving them a great deal of respect.

Rarely ever have I seen such a thing in Pakistan.

13. AccessDenied

Well in general, I support the idea of putting deserving people on a pedestal. It gives the masses yardsticks to aspire to. The problem is, in India people more often than not put valueless celebrities on a pedestal. Hence an ISRO scientist gets a LOT less fanfare and attention than say, a Shah Rukh Khan or a Ranveer Kapur get. As a result, youngsters try to emulate their lives on sub-standard celluloid drivel rather than grasping the importance of hard-wok and excellence.

And as one cinephile to the other, popular subcontinental cinema has barely ever achieved anything resembling 'excellence'.

2 people like this.
  14. water_land_air

water_land_air 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

i agree. Most Indian and Pakistani actors (and even directors etc.) are very cheap attention seekers and hence they agree to dance and act like they do everywhere and not just in movies. but even hollywood has many such creatures.

hollywood movies like "the life of Pi" is a very good example of cheap but outrageously overrated cinema. hyena and tiger in the same boat beneath a sheet separated by less than a few inches?????? and that too with zebra monkey and what not in a boat less than 5 meters in length??? with all those very cheap not at all convincing special effects about storms and never seen stars, only a mind with kiddish attitude could have praised the movie.

despite pretensions, there was no moral lesson in the movie. a more realistic movie with any animal including animated tiger or any animal, could have done a much better job of moral preaching instead of showing a tiger with hyena and half the zoo in a 5 meter boat. After the success of kiddish superhero movies like Avengers and Chinese kung fu kiddish superhero stunts, the director very cunningly made this movie to make a huge profit.

The best exotic Marigold hotel is a million times better than The life of Pi and better than most movies ever made.

Bollywood too has given much fabulous incomparable cinema in the form of Bandit Queen with unparalleled capture of real life.

1 person likes this.
  15. venureddy

venureddy Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    +1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.