Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

We are not the U.S.: Manmohan

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by MyRaven, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

You're asking the wrong person here!!

2. Hembo

Hembo OLD MOD STAR MEMBER

Exactly!! A stupid journalist asks the general a even stupider question on air, what the general is supposed to say.. "No, we don't have the capability to do such operation inside Pakistan"???

One has to understand the context of these statements. Even MMS didn't say the directly that we don't have such capability but he was more diplomatic in answering that we are not contemplating such attacks.

People has to differentiate the role os the Military chief and the Civilian govt.

3. Bang Galore

Bang Galore Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Well said. Now if only you could practice a bit of that admirable sentiment.....

4. Optimist

Optimist Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

The dhoti clad/afeem popping PM, supposedly the best orator of the world, guess was a lot wiser than you, me and MMS and hence stopped with Kargil. If a genuine excuse is what u want to go to war with Pak, the mumbai episode is a hell lot bigger/serious/insulting/inflicting than Kargil.

5. Coltsfan

Stupidity gets to me........ I bet you aren't immune either

6. Coltsfan

Not disagreeing with you.

You fail to see the point I was making. I'll try again........ IF a case has to be made to risk a full fledged war with Pakistan and your options are 1) to carry out a covert ops to take out a HVT or 2) Respond to kargil incursion........ which one would you think is more justified?

7. Optimist

:jester::tsk:

8. Optimist

U r going the other guy's way by repeating ur posts. I got what u meant hence i pointed at the Mumbai carnage......should be loud and clear!!

For your better understanding, relate the highlighted parts of this post.

9. Bang Galore

A covert operation would be a lot easier. We don't have to do a repeat of what the Americans did. It wouldn't be that difficult to arrange for one these terrorist leaders to meet with an unfortunate accident - something in the order of their brain matter being scrambled by a high velocity projectile. Pakistan is a place where hiring an assassin should not be too difficult, there is absolutely no need for us to get our hands dirty.

Kargil was a territorial transgression; a reversal of that counts as a victory. Mumbai was different, it was a deliberate attempt to strike at non military targets by a state actor working in tandem with non state actors. That needs avenging; one way or the other. Wouldn't want Hafeez Saeed & his goons along with their handlers sleeping well at night. That would only happen if we made it very clear that there are consequences for the individuals concerned.

1 person likes this.
  10. Sid

Sid Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Covert operation by India can give a reason to Pakistan to go for an all out attack on us. I believe in the use of 'non-state actors' to strike the desired target and get it eliminated. In this way, India will not be having a direct hand in the plot and can always deny its role in the operation.Something like what the Mossad did to eliminate the terrorists involved in the Munich Olympics massacre.

11. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

You do realize the state in which Pakistan is in due to its non state actors!!

12. Bang Galore

Everything suggested by you falls under the purview of covert action. The best covert actions are the ones where such action is not figured out as the cause for.... a unfortunate event!

The U.S. actions were not really covert. It was a overt military intervention kept secret during its operational period.

13. Optimist

You are talking abt RESIDENT non-state actors.:wink: Hope u get it!

14. Sid

i do, the reason is that they are considered as 'assets' by the Pakistani establishment, which is the most dangerous thing to do.With 'non-state actors' i mean the professional hitmen available in the world crime scene or the local dissidents within Pakistan. For eg. A gangster like Dawood must be having many enemies. Use one of them.

This is nothing new for Indian Intelligence agencies. Some years ago, a minister in Nepal named Mirza Aslam Beg, a close aide of Dawood and an ISI agent was executed in broad daylight by the Chhota Rajan Gang on the behest of RAW.

15. Sid

I agree, Generally military operations are considered to be covert operations, but this is not the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.