Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

We will crush the Chinese if they invade us - Taiwan warns China with long range missiles

Discussion in 'China & Asia Pacific' started by lca-fan, Mar 20, 2017.

1. lca-fan

lca-fan Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    We will crush the Chinese if they invade us - Taiwan warns China with long range missiles
    Taiwan, for the first time, publicly claimed that it is capable of launching missiles that will hit China, Feng Shih-kuan, Minister of National Defense, said while delivering a four-yearly report to parliament on Thursday.

"It is the first time the ministry has confirmed this," Wang Ting-yu told AFP, adding that Taiwanese missiles could travel over 1,500 kilometers.

Taiwan has previously acknowledged that it produces cruise missiles, but it had never detailed their capabilities. Ties between Taiwan and China have grown cold after Tsai Ing-wen was elected president, bringing an end to an eight-year rapprochement.

"Should the enemy insist on invading, we will weaken their capabilities by striking enemy troops at their home bases, fighting them at sea, crushing them as they approach the coastlines, and wiping them out on the beaches," the report said.

China still considers Taiwan as part of its territory and is willing to bring it back into its fold, by force if necessary. This is despite the fact that the island has been self-governing after the two sides split in a civil war in 1949.

According to the Defense Ministry, China has over 1,500 missiles aimed at Taiwan, most of which are believed to be positioned near the Chinese coast. Taiwan's 200,000 troops is only a fraction of China's 2.3 million army.

In addition, the Taiwan's Ministry of National Defense also plans to buy new-generation stealth fighter jets with short or vertical takeoff and landing abilities from the United States to deter China. The Taiwanese military wants to acquire stealth jets to improve its asymmetrical capabilities as the cross-strait military balance between China and Taiwan starts to tilt in Beijing's favor, according to Taipei Times.

Aside from acquiring stealth jets from the US, Taiwan also plans to develop home-grown submarines and upgrade surface vessels; improve air-defense missile and road-mobile missile systems; and establish a fleet of unmanned aerial combat drones.

http://defencenews.in/article/We-wi...n-warns-China-with-long-range-missiles-251057

@Levina @Abingdonboy @nair @MilSpec @Gessler @Robinhood Pandey @randomradio @vstol jockey @Hellfire @NS52 @BlackOpsIndia @Rain Man @Grevion @Nilgiri @GSLV Mk III @SrNair @dadeechi @Ankit Kumar 001 @kaku1 @Golden_Rule @IndiranChandiran @Lion of Rajputana @thesolar65 @Sathya @Butter Chicken @AbRaj @Agent_47 @bharathp @Aqwoyk @GuardianRED @PeegooFeng41@Indx TechStyle @ved Mishra@ni8mare @A_poster @Kalmuahlaunda @zebra7 @Marqueur @PARIKRAMA

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Lion of Rajputana and ni8mare like this.
  2. Aqwoyk

Aqwoyk Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Time for us to support Taiwan and establish strategic pacts with them

SR-91 and Lion of Rajputana like this.
  3. cuibw99

cuibw99 FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    China
    The last thing I would like to see is the war between Mainland and Taiwan.

4. lca-fan

Country Flag:
    India
    The best thing India would like to see is war between Mainland China and Taiwan which will also involve Japan, South Korea, USA, Vietnam & Philippines, etc. basically everyone with which China is bullying around. A complete GANG BANG by all is necessary to bring some senses to this dirty filthy Lizard.

5. Nirbho

Nirbho Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Taiwan should get Nuke's! :D

6. lca-fan

Country Flag:
    India
    Not only Taiwan but also Vietnam.

I had already posted this earlier the world should get 2 new nuclear weapons states Taiwan & Vietnam both have troublesome relationship with China. And we need to give China back for arming Pakistan. So next they think twice before giving arms to Pakistan.

Both should also get Agni 1 & 2, Brahmos, Shaurya, Nirbhay (once completed), etc.

Nirbho likes this.
  7. TSUNAMI

TSUNAMI Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    ^^^ and South Korea and Japan

8. Ankit Kumar 001

Ankit Kumar 001 Captain Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India
    The most important thing for any nation facing a much much bigger and several times more powerful enemy is , 75%+ of its citizens having the desire to have their nation independent and their heads high with the pride of it.

The moment it happens , they win !

Golden_Rule, SR-91 and HariPrasad like this.
  9. cuibw99

cuibw99 FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    China
    I totally understand your feeling.

10. HariPrasad

HariPrasad Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    This is a bold statement and I like it. I always maintained that we must encourage small countries so that they will stand up against china. After vietnam, it is Taiwan,s turn now.

11. cuibw99

cuibw99 FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    China
    I think Taiwan doesn't need India's persuade to against China mainland. No matter India persuades or not, Taiwan will do so. China mainland actually was facing strong military pressure from Taiwan 20 years before.

12. cuibw99

cuibw99 FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    China
    For ballistic missile, I think it is not a easy job selling to Vietnam and Taiwan. For anti ship or cruise missile, Vietnam has already bought the original version from Russia, and Taiwan has the ability to design and build Hsiung Feng series which is also not bad. It doesn't look like necessary very much to me for importing similar missile from India.

13. lca-fan

Country Flag:
    India
    It's very easy just smuggle it repaint it and give a nice name preferably of mongolian invaders who invaded China and claim it as indigenous, just like you people did with Pakistan. This govt is not Congress govt it knows how to kill lizard.

Golden_Rule likes this.
  14. Ripcord322

Ripcord322 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Then expect AP and Naxal Areas to be gone, the next day itself.

Such descisions need proper foundation of one's own bases...We cannot go on supporting territories, which China considers it's own, while having our own territorial integrity in a mess.

And anyway.....This also calls for ball$ of steel in the diplomatic, political and bureaucratic class.

I shall tell you a case that happened recently,

Donald J Trump....Made official contacts with Taiwan...And tries to keep the 'One China' policy under ambiguity for some time...Only to later support it officially. That is how much the Chinese get pissed when people question 'One China'...

India has AFAIK never tried any significant move wrt Taiwan. I don't think that is changing any time soon.

PS : I exaggerated a bit in the first line...but, you get the drift right!

15. Aqwoyk

Aqwoyk Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Stop seeing chinese as 9ft tall ( termed by PSK ) .................. what do you think we have no hold in TAR and our soldier don't cross and stay there just as not reported by their media We don't massacre naxals because not required bt will do if required . Believe me 1962's china was bully today it is a teeeneger sissy ........................