Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Weekend debate: As a Londoner, I still don't care about terrorism- and you shouldn't either

Discussion in 'Defence Analysis' started by Levina, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Zen0

Zen0 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Ignoring a tumor will only make things worse.

Inactive, AbRaj, Wolfpack and 2 others like this.
  2. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    It doesn't make sense to turn a blind eye to such sections of a society and pretend as though they dont' exist. The only way to combat a threat is to first understand that there is a threat and what it is.

As it stands too many are isolated from the reality and the West is sleepwalking into a nightmare, such indifference and ignorance may mean it is already too late....

3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    This is called trivializing and desensitising the issue of terrorism. Because,that is the job of liberal, Islamist apologists who say, that terrorism has no religion and they are not real muslims. if they didnt have a religion then why are they killing people on the name of their religion?
    These apologists want people to get into a state of normalcy and not blame Islam while islamic terrorists go on killing people and raise mayhem.Statements such as these are the form of Subterfuge warfare. Pakistan routinely sends its terrorists and fires on border but it says we want peace in international arena. Does anyone believe it?
    This a technique used by Mohammed to conquer Middle east and his followers are doing the same thing, its called Taqqiya , plausible deniability.Once they have conquered everything they own up the acts done as terrorists and glorify them as conquests.
    Only naive fools are lulled into a sense of calm by thinking this subterfuge is not being applied even today.

Inactive likes this.
  4. Wolfpack

Country Flag:
    India
    Because that is what the tumor wants in reality for you to ignore it so that it can spread all over the body and then you can do nothing about it at that stage.
    This is the same technique applied by Islamic apologists apologizing for Islamic Terrorism, while their counterparts spread and create mayhem around the world. It is called Taqiyya(plausible deniability) which was taught to them , by Mohammed himself during his conquests and his disciples are following the same thing.People are naive to not see it until danger is upon their heads.

Inactive, Grevion and Levina like this.
  5. Grevion

Grevion Professional Think Troll ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    It's like they are asking you to brace yourself for more such attacks. These guys know what they've got UK into and now wants you to hold it tight for the impact.

"Terrorism is blown way out of proportion" yeah try telling that to those who lost a mother, father, son or a daughter because of a retard who thinks they should be killed for not believing in the right god.

6. Wolfpack

Country Flag:
    India
    As a survivor who lost a friend and escaped a Terrorist bomb blast by mere seconds, i can tell you it is a life changing experience,These people are trying to trivialize it into Road traffic accidents or lightning strikes.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  7. AbRaj

AbRaj Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Its two edged sword.
    I often watch ISIS videos on zero censorship.com , saw the uncut video of burning alive of Turkish soldiers , the skinning alive of injured Kurd fighters by ISIS. It motivates me to hate these Islamic scumbags and their medieval ideology, which purely based on Basic Instincts ie
    1. survival by killing others and breeding like insects
    2. Emotions -fear,love,hate

8. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I wouldn't say the security services have failed. One terror attack is foiled every day in Western Europe on average, including the UK. MI5 even said it was a matter of 'when' not 'if' at the current rate. They can't accept that the amount of the terrorism they're seeing is directly proportional to the quantity of Muslims in the country. That's the only area they're failing in. The government I mean, MI5 knows this fact damn well, because they're not stupid, they're just politically hamstrung in terms of what they can do about it.

There are unfortunately many of what we lovingly call 'Liberals' who won't see their error until it's them, or their close family either lying in hospital, or a coffin.

Wolfpack, Inactive and Abingdonboy like this.
  9. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I'll leave my criticisms of the security services (in preventing this attack and on the day) for another time/place, on the whole they do a fine job no doubt.

But the point is, they are being stretched to their capacity as it is with a population of 4% Muslims, imagine in 10-20 years when this is 10-20%. The die is cast, I don't see a way back now.

10. Levina

Levina Colonel on stilettos Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    MSM had been largely against Trump. Good or bad publicity both helped Trump bring his plan to fruition.
    I am not against media's freedom of expression which is imperative in keeping the populace updated on the current affairs. Often media excludes detailed summaries of the victims, without framing reports in a way that focuses on the victimization of individuals,populations or regions. Instead their reports promote the terrorist agenda while strengthening ISIS and other terrorist brands as an entity.

It's not about ignoring terrorism but preventing it from being sensationalised. Terrorist organizations and insurgency groups understand the effectiveness of popular media and will continue to use it during their reign of terror.
    Let me tell you getting the attention of the mass media, the public, and decision makers is the raison d’etre behind terrorist group's increasingly shocking violence.
    Media is being used in their favour. For example an attack in Syria might have physical targets in Syria but its virtual targets are youth of UK and US. The more we distribute (repetitively) terrorist videos and news throughout the public sphere, the more emotional distress is spread.
    If violent attacks do not generate lasting media attention then the attack is considered a failure and the insurgents and terrorists lose the battle of media inducement.
    This is what I mean when I say they should not be given enough coverage.
    The article says such attacks should not be given more importance than they deserve.

Unfortunately that's not the same effect similar videos had on me or the ppl I know. I had watched a video of an innocent being stabbed to death and it disturbed me beyond my imagination.
    Like you said such videos generate different emotions in diff ppl, it also motivates many to do similar acts.
    Do we not see warnings before a stunt video is played on TV?
    The psychological imprint of a terror video on a youngster is far more perilous than you think.

layman likes this.
  11. Inactive

Inactive Guest

He got his/her fame .. whosoever is this gentle(wo)man.

No dumbo, they were not intending to create a panic for you to quiver in your "Chelsea Boots". They were mobilising those people who believe in co-existence among their faithful, by showing the failure of the western society to defend itself. On the other hand, they are projecting a 'militaristic' and 'brave' attitude, which ALWAYS works to mobilise those who are on the side of being classified as 'faint hearted'.

This, on the basis of the systematised program of indoctrination by decades of Wahab funded mosques spewing their warbled sense of religion from childhood right into adulthood and into advanced ages.

What is taught in Wahabism? It is the duty of Muslims to convert 01 kafir in order to bring him/her into the folds of one true god. Doing so, is a service to the Allah, and of course, jihad has to be waged against the unbelievers day in day out.

Obviously, to care you have to have a sense of understanding! Clearly missing here. And since you are not directly affected, you could actually not care, similar to me :)

No stupid, it is not that ....... ! It is a propaganda move to 'recruit' more into their fold!

Odds of dying in a plane crash is 1 in 11 million ... so why bother making them safe? What a retard logic.

I got bored of reading this non-sense. The author has clearly missed the premise behind a terror attack.

There will be those who will hail it as an impetus to economy (increase in personnel and vehicular protection etc)

A_poster, Wolfpack, Levina and 2 others like this.
  12. Naagraj

Naagraj 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Good, what an article.
    The OP wrote exactly what I said two day ago. Great going Britain...:basketball:

Inactive likes this.
  13. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Well MSM was biased against Trump, but he did still win with articulated releases of the news on opposite failures with the Media Corporations he owned.
    What you have said is true on the Media sensitizing the issue, my point is can anything be done about it. All they want and need is TRP.

What would be the solution for Media Sensitizing the issue ?
    Second, this issue cannot be ignored nor can be blown up. So what are the appropriate levels do you think would suffix to a level of exposure that would wane the support or fear of the people of these terrorists.?

Levina likes this.
  14. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    lol, Would it offset the drop in Business and Tourists economy. Nice Devil's Advocate Play.

Inactive likes this.
  15. Inactive

Inactive Guest

That, my dear sir, was an example. The US economy has indeed done well in the aftermath of any war. :)

layman likes this.