Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Western Media Bias Against India

Discussion in 'Europe & Russia' started by GSLV Mk III, Jul 11, 2017.

1. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
  2. BMD

BMD Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    An Indian, Sam_ and Anish like this.
  3. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    Aww....thank you for your kindness...

BMD likes this.
  4. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
  5. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Anish likes this.
  6. InfoWarrior

InfoWarrior Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    We should aggressively expose the mentality of Al jazeera to Indian public. Is their a way to punish Al- Jazeera, I dislike and report their every youtube video....

Anish likes this.
  7. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
  8. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    Deport all western journalists from India

2.JPG

snehil aditya and Angel Eyes like this.
  9. Sam_

Sam_ 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

snehil aditya likes this.
  10. An Indian

An Indian 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
  11. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    My response from BBC.

"Reference CAS-4475340-HMLXB2

Thank you for contacting us about the BBC News Website article entitled 'Hindu pilgrims killed in militant attack in Kashmir'

I understand you are unhappy the word 'militant' was used and not terrorist.

While the BBC has no specific rule against the use of the word terrorist, we feel words that specifically describe the perpetrators actions, in this case we feel the word militant accurately portrays the incident.

The BBC has a responsibility to remain objective in our reporting allowing our audience to make up their own assessments about any particular incident. I do appreciate you may continue to feel differently and please be assured it is never our intention to offend any of our readership.

The key point is that the BBC as an organisation has no view or position itself on anything we may report upon - our aim is to identify all significant views, and to test them rigorously and fairly on behalf of our audiences.

We do appreciate your feedback on this issue and as such I have sent your complaint directly to senior management as well as the BBC News Online team via our Audience Feedback Report. This report is among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC and can help inform decisions about future reporting.

Once again thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

Craig Osborne

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided."

12. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    My reply.

"I'm sorry but this is unacceptable, the deliberate targeting of civilians is a terrorist attack."

Abingdonboy, A_poster and Anish like this.
  13. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Letter to MP.

Dear Sir,

I recently complained to the BBC about two articles.

Here they describe a deliberate targeting of civilians in a bus as crossfire. Every other international newspaper describes it as a terror attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-40561511

Here they edit an article on the Mumbai attack after just 4 hours to remove the word terror.

https://bbcwatchdot.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/nariman-house-both.png

I pointed this out and this is the response I got (see below). Clearly this is unacceptable, if these attacks had been in the UK, they would be described as terror attacks. Deliberate targeting of civilians should always be defined as a terror attack. I appreciate that we have a free press but there are certain standards that need to be met and the BBC has fallen a long way short of them in these instances and others and it doesn't help the reputation of the UK around the world.

Thanks

"Reference CAS-4475340-HMLXB2

Thank you for contacting us about the BBC News Website article entitled 'Hindu pilgrims killed in militant attack in Kashmir'

I understand you are unhappy the word 'militant' was used and not terrorist.

While the BBC has no specific rule against the use of the word terrorist, we feel words that specifically describe the perpetrators actions, in this case we feel the word militant accurately portrays the incident.

The BBC has a responsibility to remain objective in our reporting allowing our audience to make up their own assessments about any particular incident. I do appreciate you may continue to feel differently and please be assured it is never our intention to offend any of our readership.

The key point is that the BBC as an organisation has no view or position itself on anything we may report upon - our aim is to identify all significant views, and to test them rigorously and fairly on behalf of our audiences.

We do appreciate your feedback on this issue and as such I have sent your complaint directly to senior management as well as the BBC News Online team via our Audience Feedback Report. This report is among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC and can help inform decisions about future reporting.

Once again thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

Craig Osborne

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided."

14. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    @BMD You are truly a good human being. I genuinely thank you for efforts.

15. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    BBC came up with an article on partition and criticizes India as usual...

Pakistan has a population of about 200 million - mostly Muslims. India has almost 1,300 million citizens and about one in seven follow Islam. There are almost as many Indian Muslims as Pakistani Muslims.

One projection suggests that by 2050, India will overtake Indonesia to become the country with the world's biggest Muslim population. But Muslims are under-represented in India's parliament and many other areas of public life.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40643413

Of course, there is no mention of problems faced by minorities in Pakistan, which apparently is the shining beacon of secularism, egalitarianism & democracy. :lol:

But they are too eager to impose false equivalency on both nation's support for militancy. You know Osama Bin Laden was found hiding in India, so we deserve this. :cry:

India also accuses Pakistan of supporting militant organisations which have carried out terrorist-style attacks in Indian cities. Pakistan says India colludes with breakaway movements in areas such as Balochistan.

And what the hell are 'terrorist-style attacks' ? It seems BBC has coined a new term for terrorist attacks on India.

Abingdonboy, Angel Eyes and nik141993 like this.