Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Western Media Bias Against India

Discussion in 'Europe & Russia' started by GSLV Mk III, Jul 11, 2017.

1. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    It's too bad that our media doesn't 'dramatise' British pedophilia. Time to start an international media outlet & stereotype Brits as pedophiles. Tit for tat. What do you say ?

Angel Eyes likes this.
  2. BMD

BMD Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    How else did a tiny number of British officers rule the whole of India for 200 years? The USSR couldn't even take over Afghanistan FFS, yet you're claiming the British Army took over the whole of India without any local support.

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/the-5-most-powerful-empires-history-12296?page=3

The British essentially made the modern world. British institutions of representative democracy inspired French Enlightenment philosophers such as Montesquieu to devise theories of modern government that influenced other modern European states. The main characteristics of the United States— a commitment to liberalism, the rule of law, civil rights, and trade— were inherited from the British and spread throughout the world. Most of these characteristics evolved organically throughout the long history of England, rather than being the result of some master plan.

These characteristics were also instrumental in helping the British Empire grow, thrive and hold whatever territory it controlled. Moreover, its example was widely emulated, whether for its financial prowess or its naval strength. At its peak in the early 20th century, the British Empire stretched across almost a quarter of the world— the largest of any empire in history. This feat was made possible more because of England’s organizational feats and financial prowess rather than through a huge army. For example, the British conquest of India was mostly undertaken by Indian troops in British pay who choose to serve the British because of the regular salaries and benefits offered by them. London also demonstrated a remarkable ability to handle multiple wars at once. And while they sometimes lost battles the British rarely lost wars.

And the way, just because I disagree with you, it doesn't make me an Indophobe.

3. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Knock yourself out kiddo. It'll make a change from being stereotyped as racists by the EU.

4. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    Ah, the usual EU blaming rhetoric. Well, what else can you expect from EU, which was created by Illuminati & neo Nazis.

5. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Were you there? How do you know? Medieval empires were not exactly noted for their civility.

And I'm sure richer Indians are celebrating whilst millions die from malnutrition each year now. But no mind, what happened 140 years ago is clearly more important.

6. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Very true but you would think that irony alone would prevent it.

You need a thicker skin. Brits are stereotyped as everything under the sun. Mostly drunken football hooligans. But guess what? We don't care. It doesn't bother us.

7. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    So if I recruit a large number of British mercenaries and start annexing parts of UK, would it make the British view me as their savior ? :lol:

British people = Indophobes. I don't think I need to tell this again.

8. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    These are recorded in written history & even remembered in folklore.

Usual false equivalence rhetoric.

9. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    Those people came in search opportunities, they surely knew that there was a lot of opportunities in a country enriched by the loots from 25% of the world.

10. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I assumed London and Birmingham already had been annexed.

I'll be sure to mention it to my Indian brother-in-law.

11. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
  12. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Actually it was more the case that they'd been pro-British and feared being massacred by other Indians after independence.

13. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    I think this is starting to sound a bit like 'But I have a black friend'...

14. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    Nice theory, but that doesn't explain why a large percentage of Anglo Indians remained in India.

15. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom